Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #11 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they writing these rumors directly on her page on twitter again? Or is it in one of the various groups for "find Sierra Lamar?"

They should be blasted, I really hope LE is watching how horrid this person/people are. Wierdo's always come out of the woodwork in high profile cases sadly....Would like to have a few minutes in a room with them, this I know....So hateful and disrespectful to SL and her family...

I appreciate you being here. It's always nice to get a perspective from someone that knows her friends and is close to her age. I'd like to here more about what you think may have happened since you are more in touch with her age group.

When it happened I thought she probably ran away but now I'm sure it was a kidnapping. <modsnip>
Kaiser,
Greetings once again.
Are you a verified local from her old town or the new one, if you don't mind my asking?

I lived in San Jose until this year and now currently LA

I take it this is in response to my post inquiry.

Is the reward fund usually earmarked for search operating cost?
I confess I did not know that.
I thought that was separate.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm certainly not in charge of the fund, so don't take my word as gospel, but often it is just a general fund. This one is the Sierra LaMar fund , doesn't say anything specifically about reward in the title, so there is really nothing implied that it is specifically for the reward only. This can get very sticky, seen it many a time before. What I do know is there are a lot of operating costs that people don't think of, and the longer the searches go on, the less that is donated for and the more that it has to come from somewhere. So, yes, sometimes they are separate funds, in this case I'm not aware of 2 different funds. Hope that helps, or I may just be talking in circles at this point, in which case I apologize!

Something Kaiser said just made me think of this in a possible different way. What if Sierra was a bully of sorts. She seemed popular, hung out with the popular crowd. Could it be someone she hurt with her words at school at some point and they targeted her. I know that has sparked many a school shooting. So just wondering how she treated people she felt were beneath her. I was bullied as a kid. Words can be very hateful and if directed at the wrong kid, over the wrong amount of time, well you get the idea....Just drawing straws here and trying to think outside the box. Not that I am blaming the victim, just stating this could be another aspect we have not looked at.

When it happened I thought she probably ran away but now I'm sure it was a kidnapping. <modsnip>

I lived in San Jose until this year and now currently LA

Kaiser, it seems you actually knew her. I have questions.

I'd like to know what made you think she'd run away and why was she disliked? Do you have any suspects, personally, and if so, who do you think it might be?

I'm certainly not in charge of the fund, so don't take my word as gospel, but often it is just a general fund. This one is the Sierra LaMar fund , doesn't say anything specifically about reward in the title, so there is really nothing implied that it is specifically for the reward only. This can get very sticky, seen it many a time before. What I do know is there are a lot of operating costs that people don't think of, and the longer the searches go on, the less that is donated for and the more that it has to come from somewhere. So, yes, sometimes they are separate funds, in this case I'm not aware of 2 different funds. Hope that helps, or I may just be talking in circles at this point, in which case I apologize!

No. That was great! Thank you.
I have a better understanding now of why they referred to it as
replenishing the account.

But, if you've promised to pay a $10,000 reward for tips, I'd hate to know it wasn't all there because of office supplies and such, if the hoped for need arises.

No. That was great! Thank you.
I have a better understanding now of why they referred to it as
replenishing the account.

But, if you've promised to pay a $10,000 reward for tips, I'd hate to know it wasn't all there because of office supplies and such, if the hoped for need arises.
I know they've been fundraising regularly, so I'm sure the sum surpassed the reward amount.

I used to think that. But I do not see how she was taken from the end of her driveway by a random kidnapper. How would anyone know she was leaving at that time in that quiet little cul-de-sac?

It could be someone who was stalking her though. And she might not have known him, or even seen him before.

Old Steve has pointed out the similarities to the Holly Bobo case. I don't think it's the same person, but I think it's the same type of offender.

In Holly's case she was taken from her backyard. A man led her into the woods behind her home. She must have been threatened in some serious way to go along with him. Holly's house is very remote and out of the way too, and because of that the police in her case surmised that the person was a local who knew the area very well. Possibly. However, I had wondered if this person had not seen her at a mall, or her school, or somewhere and quietly stalked her, learned her routine, and then acted on it. Bundy used to do that in the beginning, then when he was more confident and more impatient he just found random targets.

If it was someone Sierra knew well enough that the person knew where she lived (especially considering she hadn't lived there all that long) then chances are the police have already talked to that person. That person would have to account for their time on that day, and manage to look completely innocent. It's possible to pull that off, and even fake an alibi, but I think the more people in Sierra's circle are ruled out, the more you have to look at a stranger.

There are times when I wish I understood twitter and facebook. I tried twitte but never mastered it. Facebook looks way too difficult. I am handicapped with this case..

There are times when I wish I understood twitter and facebook. I tried twitte but never mastered it. Facebook looks way too difficult.

I am handicapped with this case.

I hear you Whisperer, thats why it's nice to have someone younger that knows these things to help us out.

I know they've been fundraising regularly, so I'm sure the sum surpassed the reward amount.

Then wouldn't the amount of the reward fund go up as a lure for tips?

I know you don't have anything to do with it.
I'm just trying to get your opinion of how these
fundraisers work.

Well, there is a Moscow in Idaho.....so, I can pick myself off the floor.

Am I the only one who thinks this was not someone she knew?

I believe it could have been someone she did not know. But I think they knew her...IOW, I think they knew enough about her comings and goings to know when was the best time to strike.

Or, it could have been a neighbor, someone Sierra knew but not very well. Someone who looks normal, acts normal. No one would have reason to suspect him. We've all heard after a perp is arrested for a horrible crime..."He was so pleasant and helpful, it's just not something we ever thought he would be capable of."

I can easily see a male neighbor just happening to be outside at the time Sierra left the house...maybe saying good morning to her and smiling, getting her into even a very brief conversation could delay her long enough to think she will miss her bus, and then he does the neighborly thing by offering to drop her off at school.

She could be in his house right now. In an attic, a closet, a basement, or crawlspace. Probably a place that has already been searched and thus cleared for the perp to use however he sees fit.

Get back on topic please. It's late and I'm cranky. :waiting:

Then wouldn't the amount of the reward fund go up as a lure for tips?

I know you don't have anything to do with it.
I'm just trying to get your opinion of how these
fundraisers work.

Kinda depends on how much is coming in vs. how much is going out and what the money is being used for.
It really depends on how the fund is set up and how it is run as to where the money goes. Some funds are only for rewards. Some are for rewards and costs for searches, flyers, etc. Some funds money is given to the family for living expenses, etc. DISCLAIMER-I AM NOT REFERRING TO THE SIERRA FUND, JUST TALKING IN GENERALS HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8