Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #11 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he is mild compared to the rest of them that I have viewed. It looks like he changed his status to "thats my girl" after she went missing. I don't see any indication after I go back in history that they were boyfriend/girlfriend. I think it's just slang. Of course that doesn't mean the he possibly had a crush on her.

....But...I did take note of him asking, "Where's my money?"

This MP guy is only sixteen, correct?

yeah and the reason you might not see much evidence of relationship is most teenagers communicate on Twitter using the Direct Message so your unlikely to find anything personal in the tweets IMO.

I guess Sierra's mother wanted her away from Fremont. Sierra may have got in trouble there but it hasn't been confirmed. Taking her to MH and not being able to supervise her didn't seem to be a good option. By moving to MH, Marlene got to increase her nine hour day to 12 hours...that left Sierra alone way too much, imo.

As far as Rick, it would appear his time would be very flexible. He could have driven her to school or picked her up at times. We never hear anything if he did.

Did they say he puts in 12 hour days also? His time was, possibly, more fluid.

yeah and the reason you might not see much evidence of relationship is most teenagers communicate on Twitter using the Direct Message so your unlikely to find anything personal in the tweets IMO.

Are you thinking they were more than just friends?

never knew 420 could have you crying, falling down and acting hysterically..hmm unless it was laced

They say the stuff they have today is a lot different than when we were young; much stronger, and no longer as "harmless" as it once was.

I just wish I knew a sure fire way to prevent this from ever happening again. No parent or relative should ever have to go through the anguish and the pain of an abducted or missing child. I think that we must be in earnest to provide as many resources and informational tools that will aid our young people to make as many wise choices as they possibly can. I am a product of the 60's/70's. When I reflect on some of my utterly brainless choices it only by the Grace of God that I am a living and breathing soul today.

We may have had as many cases of abducted and missing children during my teen years
but the sheer information that is available today is just staggering. My thoughts and prayers go out to all WS today who will be searching for SL today. I wish this madness could stop today.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That's cool. Different people feel it's different races, hey, to each their own. Take it one step farther in your train of thought though, what do you think they would have done with her? Where do you think they would have gone with her? There's no need to say "well, if he was blue he would have done this" or "I think he was purple and everyone knows that purple people hate water, so she is not going to be in the water", leave out the color portion of it if you could but expand on the where. Hope that makes sense. Still trying to locate this precious child on a map.

OT
My daughter had something on her Facebook the other day saying "I support gay marriage, or, as I like to call it, marriage. Because today I had lunch. I did not have "gay lunch." And after lunch I took a walk, not a "gay walk"".

And EVERYONE knows that it's the ORANGE people who hate water, not the purple ones.

:blowkiss:
I'm sorry if it appeared as tho I was implying that it was of no importance..that was not my intention.. I have paid attention aand know that you have obviously studied thrlugh not only Sierra tweets but the many in and/or around her and this case.. I made mention of it the other day in my reply post agreeing with your theory of Sierra possibly having intentionally gone with someone perhaps for a party that Friday and that it had turned bad from there.. I appreciate your having taken the time to read through all the many tweets from twits that you have and Im quite certain Id be wanting to stick something in my eye as well after spending the many hours it takes to do so.. :D

I obviously misunderstood about the tweet and thus my reason for offering the possibility of the screen capbeing altered was faulty to begin with.. I was under the impression that the request tweet that was sent to someone supposedly from Sierra'S twitter acct AFTER SHE WENT MISSING.. I misunderstood and thought that the ONLY AVAILABLE proof of its existence was the screen cap.. therefore why I thought it was possible to have not truly happened and was someone forGod only knows what reason that was claiming this and using a fake/altered screen cap as proof... I misunderstood.

I know I PM'd you, but still...a million "I'm sorry's"....:blowkiss:

I am still curious as to why Sierra had to leave Freemont. She was happy, had friends there. She was active in her school.

Her mother could have easily brought her to Freemont each day because her mother works in Fremont. Why was it so necessary for Marlene to remove her from Fremont?That area of Morgan Hill is so isolating.

My money is on Sierra hated it..

I've read that Steve was more lenient than Marlene. Maybe Sierra was hanging out with kids her mom didn't approve of or got in trouble with. Some of her posts suggest that, i.e., the one asking if she'd be happier if she never did drugs. Maybe her mom thought it best to put some distance between Sierra and a particular friend group?

I think you're right about Sierra hating it. She probably liked going back to Fremont, but doing so might have also made her miss it more when back in MH. That would have been hard for a teen, IMO.

There can be a fuzzy line between keeping kids emotionally and physically safe. Not all of their friends may be "perfect," for example, but the "perfect" friends may not have their backs, either. IMO, Marlene may have thought MH to be a safer place, which is darkly ironic given the circumstances.

I would think her sister would have told the LE if the phone they had was her old one. The phone is Sierra's her twitter was Hacked

I still think the iPhone tweet could have been sent from the iTouch she lost in February. In a wifi zone, it has internet capabilities, and she could have a Twitter app on it with username and password saved. Whoever has it could have charged it up, turned it on, and logged right in.

I remember my dad talking about moving when I was in high school. I was petrified. I was a cheerleader and had lived in the same school district my whole life. We didn't end up moving and I was so relieved. Having to change high schools can be traumatic for a teenager especially since she seemed to be very popular at her other school.

It could look that way but if you read all the other girls tweets, frankly they are more depressing. She would make a comment her or there but it wasn't constant. Her dad gave her more freedom and her mom had more of a thumb on her. Considering there were parties going on all the time and other kids got to go and she didn't well this can really upset a teen. Teens will sneak out of the house and such to try and figure out a way to party with their friends if the parents are protective of them. If she lived in Fremont and it wasn't a rural setting then she could have had easier access to the fun than in Morgan Hill. 15 is a very trying age because being in high school you become friends with older kids that have more freedom.

Wow. I have to admit, this conversation is making me feel terrible about having moved my daughter from a city school with a history of violent incidents and a poor academic record, to a VERY rural area an hour away, between middle school and high school in a district that, apparently, was LOADED.

The education she got and the attentiveness of staff when she started acting out was incredible, and they had every resource you can imagine for parents and students... the online attendance and gradebooks, free busing, after school activities (bowling, even Prom) at no cost... but she DID act out, and I wonder if she was more unhappy than she let on. She was "protected" since it was a new area where I knew nobody I could talk to about where it was safe for her to go, and with whom.

Until I felt comfortable, she was on a short leash. By then she'd been misbehaving and gotten caught in lies, so the "restrictions" continued, and so did the acting out. UGH. It is so hard to raise kids. You end up meaning well, but in hindsight, wonder if you should not have made different choices.

I'd like to know what precipitated the mid-year move. Generally you have to enroll your kids in the school for the district where they live within 10 days of a move unless they are in a terminal grade or receiving special services that the new school does not provide. For younger kids, after-school care may be taken into consideration as well.

Sending her to Fremont after the move, when her primary residence was with Marlene would have required a waiver from the school board.

This kid is still in HS. WTH? Where are the parents? I am concerned over what has happened to our language and culture. I have to say I blame the parents. The freedoms that these kids have are insane! Take away the phone and disconnect the internet. Put the computers in the living room for homework and watch them like a hawk..FGS!

Only the parents of "bad kids" think that is necessary because they can't TRUST their son or daughter. If you trust your kids, the battle for the family PC is easily eliminated for the cost of a couple of netbooks or cheap tablets. The visibility of those devices being best from directly in front, it can be hard to know what a kid is up to, especially if they have another "tab" ready to click on that shows a chart of the annual rainfall of Mesopotamia.

One of my daughter's friends in HS had some VERY suggestive photos on mySpace, which were shot by the webcam and showed the family's kitchen as a backdrop. Obviously the parents DID have the PC in a public space, but there are times a teen year old is left home alone...

Wow. I have to admit, this conversation is making me feel terrible about having moved my daughter from a city school with a history of violent incidents and a poor academic record, to a VERY rural area an hour away, between middle school and high school in a district that, apparently, was LOADED.

The education she got and the attentiveness of staff when she started acting out was incredible, and they had every resource you can imagine for parents and students... the online attendance and gradebooks, free busing, after school activities (bowling, even Prom) at no cost... but she DID act out, and I wonder if she was more unhappy than she let on. She was "protected" since it was a new area where I knew nobody I could talk to about where it was safe for her to go, and with whom.

Until I felt comfortable, she was on a short leash. By then she'd been misbehaving and gotten caught in lies, so the "restrictions" continued, and so did the acting out. UGH. It is so hard to raise kids. You end up meaning well, but in hindsight, wonder if you should not have made different choices.

I'd like to know what precipitated the mid-year move. Generally you have to enroll your kids in the school for the district where they live within 10 days of a move unless they are in a terminal grade or receiving special services that the new school does not provide. For younger kids, after-school care may be taken into consideration as well.

Sending her to Fremont after the move, when her primary residence was with Marlene would have required a waiver from the school board.

The age is just so trying for them too Lisa I agree, my daughter was not acting out at school, she was perfect dux of every subject at 16 and working part time. However she decided, with her peers that if they worked they earnt the money to call a taxi and go out.......not good and I had to rethink.

She was then sent to a boarding school with a sports and academic scholarship very quickly and was perfect ever since.

She now has a law/commerce double degree thanks to me and my decision at the right time, tough love is better than fighting stats quo. You chose well I think.

Sierra seems to have had the same decision needed to be made about her, however, this is a tragedy now and unknown reasons revealed yet.

Is there a big search planned today, or getting underway...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme