Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be focusing on teaching our sons, nephews, male friends, etc, to respect and treat well the world's girls and women, not just telling girls and women it is their responsibility to not get raped and killed. JMO

ABSOLUTELY!

And teach our sons, nephews, male friends, etc, to call other men on disrespectful behaviour. Including jokes and sneers--because that is where it starts for the tiny handful of men who perpetrate such acts.

Men shouldn't allow other men to get away with de-humanising women, even if it's "just in fun."

Any act, no matter how seemingly minor, that demeans a woman or women in general should be met with the sort of disdain that someone barfing into a punch bowl at a party would garner.

Or--sudden thought--let's all raise money for a fund to send my BFF (ex-Army, sniper, 2 tours in Iraq) to make "friendly visits" to men who demean women for free attitude re-adjustments.

OT:

Melley,

We never know who we touch throughout our lives. Some of the people that have had the most profound impact on me have been people that simply had a sweet disposition, a kind smile, a few warm and encouraging words or even just a heartfelt hug that was needed when all else around me was falling apart (especially at searches!).

And ya' know what? The vast majority of the people who have had such an impact on my life I have never had the opportunity to see again or thank. I'm learning...learning to thank them on the spot. Or, trying to learn anyway...

Sweetie, search teams are made of individuals. You are a member of that team whether you simply help unload water, help sign people in, ground pound or drive a helicopter.

NOTHING you do is insignificant.
It hurts my heart to see you feel this way.

This is for you hun.

"Remind yourself often that our lives are based on our contact and interactions with other people. Accept and be mindful of the present moment. Be aware that all you think and do affects your life spiritually and physically. You are unique and have much to celebrate, yet, we are all one. We were all born equal - no one is better than you, and you are no better than everyone else. Your job is to share your unique wisdom, compassion, understanding and light with the world, breathe, be at peace, be aware, be mindful and your little light while be brighter and make the world a much brighter place."

Author unknown

=================
Continue to let your light shine! Please.

I don't understand why LE would say they will be searching with hopes they will still find her alive, if that is a quote from LE in article above...how much can they put a family through? I hope they are not giving them false hope, again. JMO

It has seemed to me that Sierra's family has not been seen in public much, if at all, since the information about the red Jetta came out.

I suspect that LE was saying one thing publicly but telling her family that Sierra was probably dead in private.

I just can't see LE charging with murder and kidnap without feeling they had a good enough case to win a "no body" homicide prosecution. Some of the articles mentioned that the perp's DNA was found on Sierra's clothing... I can't think of any innocent explanations for that, can you?

So was he the one brazenly walking around taking down posters?

Yeah, but she was easy prey since she was alone. That doesn't need to happen. My daughter will be driven to school until she is able to drive herself.

Even though vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death amongst teens?

I'm not attacking you but trying to illustrate that risk assessment is often clouded by emotion. A sexual predator is so alien and frightening but car accidents happen every day; oddly enough, with the way humans react, that makes the sexual predator seem more threatening.

Just devastating, yet relieving. How sad that Sierra's public and family are to learn that she is most likely dead, on one hand, and yet a relief that justice will hopefully be brought up in front of the public and family and that they will have a chance during their lifetimes to witness the prosecution of the man responsible. That gives some closure, to the agony and pain that this family must have been feeling for all these weeks/months. Two months of not knowing. I can not imagine the pain and suffering that this family has undergone. I believe in the next session, we will hear that evidence was gained weeks ago, through DNA linking Antolin Garcia-Torre to the girl, which was found on her clothing or another item found. I believe it will show a direct link, possibly the video LE has been studying, and as the case unfolds, we may find he had an accomplice. I believe she's been in Morgan Hill all along. The officer who gave the press conference by video on one link seemed to really be 100% sure she is deceased. They either have or will have her body in custody soon. I believe tomorrow morning, her remains will be located. We will see the outcome, but this is what I think will happen. :) I live north. I am so greatful to God there is a closure coming to this case. It's been far too long waiting!

Antolin Garcia-Torres is not listed under the Megan's Law site that I could find. If someone finds a listing, please share.

Sheriff stated she is deceased and that they not only have enough evidence to arrest but also enough to prosecute successfuly for the murder.. they've got something and IMO multiple somethings that prove sierra is deceased.. she did state that for certain that sshe's dead. she began to say possibly. But then corrected herself to state that she was dead.

LE did such an amazing job, really. They stayed on top of everything that people threw their way...over 1,600 tips to go through. Really great job.

Smug SOB is right.. zero remorse whatsoever.. literally staring down the cameras.. why would they be taking him away from the sheriffs dept.. ?guess its too much to hope they were taking him to locate where her remains are..

This is what I expected but it's still so shocking and sad when you actually hear the news. Poor Sierra.

Can I just say her parents have nothing to feel bad about regarding letting her walk on her own. She was FIFTEEN for goodness sake, not five. You have to let teens of that age do things like that no matter how worried you are. You can't protect them forever and even though when you read sites like this it seems things like this happen all the time, these cases are still so rare.

Smug SOB is right.. zero remorse whatsoever.. literally staring down the cameras.. why would they be taking him away from the sheriffs dept.. ?guess its too much to hope they were taking him to locate where her remains are..

It could be very possible they got him to talk. Did Sheriff Smith do the video after the one of them leading him away?

It has seemed to me that Sierra's family has not been seen in public much, if at all, since the information about the red Jetta came out.

I suspect that LE was saying one thing publicly but telling her family that Sierra was probably dead in private.

I just can't see LE charging with murder and kidnap without feeling they had a good enough case to win a "no body" homicide prosecution. Some of the articles mentioned that the perp's DNA was found on Sierra's clothing... I can't think of any innocent explanations for that, can you?

I agree that her family probably "knew", more or less, for a while...but her friends still are not believing it as they are under the impression that she can't be dead unless she is found :( It is just very sad. We know better here, but they don't.

We are blessed to have the LE we do out here. They are experienced. They confirm things for you. I knew they would solve it. Darn shame it did not have the outcome we all wanted.

Everytime I think of Holly Bobo, my heart sinks. TN LE arrive within x10 min of Holly being abducted, with a witness, and they can't solve it?

This is what I expected but it's still so shocking and sad when you actually hear the news. Poor Sierra.

Can I just say her parents have nothing to feel bad about regarding letting her walk on her own. She was FIFTEEN for goodness sake, not five. You have to let teens of that age do things like that no matter how worried you are. You can't protect them forever and even though when you read sites like this it seems things like this happen all the time, these cases are still so rare.

Not out here. We have more than our share of pedophiles. They like the weather.

Even though vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death amongst teens?

I'm not attacking you but trying to illustrate that risk assessment is often clouded by emotion. A sexual predator is so alien and frightening but car accidents happen every day; oddly enough, with the way humans react, that makes the sexual predator seem more threatening.

I agree. A predator will always find a way to prey on someone. Unfortunately, I think even if we put our children and ourselves in bubbles, a predator would find a way to get access.

This holds true in so many cases when it seems a child disappears in the blink of an eye.

Just because they are in a car and not walking doesn't mean they can't be abducted. They have to walk to and from the car.

Once that child is 18, they are still your child. How are you to protect them then?

I had gone to bed a while ago, but I can't sleep...I just feel so shocked, even though I never thought she could be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3