Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not find it difficult at all to put AGT in any of the critical areas in this case. He could have been familiar with that shed if he in fact collected scrap metal; he could have gone there looking for some there and in the shed across the road as both seem to be places where junk was being tossed over time.

He could have driven the road near the bus stop numerous times on his way out to look for scrap metal if he indeed was into that as claimed. On any given morning or mid-afternoon he could have seen Sierra waiting for or exiting her school bus. And from there it would not be difficult for him to find out where she lived.

He could have seen Sierra a number of times at the Safeway if that's where her mom shopped. Very likely Sierra accompanied her mom on shopping trips from time to time.

I believe he targeted Sierra after having seen her out somewhere--the bus stop or the store, or elsewhere in the community. Now, it is possible he had never seen her at all until that morning, and just by the luck of the draw he happenend to be on her street when she came out to go to her bus stop. If her scent did end in her driveway, that is less likely. But, if her scent ended midway down the street as has been the most recent info, it is possible that he was on her street (maybe planning some sort of residental crime, or looking through trash put out for pick-up?) at the time she walked by on her way to her bus stop.

My personal opinion is that he saw Sierra somewhere and came to know where she lived and what time she boarded and/or exited her bus. And then when the time was right he grabbed her.

I agree with this type of scenario- he noticed her at some point, and planned
His move based on her schedule and her isolation.
I don't think anybody else was involved , and I just can't buy that his wife was
Part of it.

I do not find it difficult at all to put AGT in any of the critical areas in this case. He could have been familiar with that shed if he in fact collected scrap metal; he could have gone there looking for some there and in the shed across the road as both seem to be places where junk was being tossed over time.

He could have driven the road near the bus stop numerous times on his way out to look for scrap metal if he indeed was into that as claimed. On any given morning or mid-afternoon he could have seen Sierra waiting for or exiting her school bus. And from there it would not be difficult for him to find out where she lived.

He could have seen Sierra a number of times at the Safeway if that's where her mom shopped. Very likely Sierra accompanied her mom on shopping trips from time to time.

I believe he targeted Sierra after having seen her out somewhere--the bus stop or the store, or elsewhere in the community. Now, it is possible he had never seen her at all until that morning, and just by the luck of the draw he happenend to be on her street when she came out to go to her bus stop. If her scent did end in her driveway, that is less likely. But, if her scent ended midway down the street as has been the most recent info, it is possible that he was on her street (maybe planning some sort of residental crime, or looking through trash put out for pick-up?) at the time she walked by on her way to her bus stop.

My personal opinion is that he saw Sierra somewhere and came to know where she lived and what time she boarded and/or exited her bus. And then when the time was right he grabbed her.

Your post describes how a predator operates. I think there is more than just the one Safeway attack. Hard to believe he waited three years and tried this again. He was emboldened by the fact he was not caught.

I agree that he probably took notice of her before. His mom says he used to drive that route in the morning. And we know that he foraged for scrap metal, so he probably drove around during other times, and may have seen her walking home in the afternoons. Also, he might have looked for scrap on her cul-de-sac, previously. I do not believe he just randomly happened upon her that morning. I think he expected her to be on her usual walk to the bus stop. JMO

I agree with you on AGT seeing Sierra somewhere enroute to/from the bus stop, but as I recall (and anyone can correct me, if I'm wrong here! :waitasec:) but AGT hadn't worked at the Safeway since mid-2010, I believe; and Sierra and mom didn't move to Morgan Hill until October of 2011.

:seeya:

Most scrap metal collectors that I have seen drive little pick-up trucks (good on gas) and haul a small trailer behind them. They collect washing machines and other bulk to take to the recycle place. How much metal could he really collect in a little car unless he was just stealing bags of aluminum cans set out on recycle days? Personally, I call baloney on this metal recycle scavenging.

Just my own opinion.

I agree with you on AGT seeing Sierra somewhere enroute to/from the bus stop, but as I recall (and anyone can correct me, if I'm wrong here! :waitasec:) but AGT hadn't worked at the Safeway since mid-2010, I believe; and Sierra and mom didn't move to Morgan Hill until October of 2011.

This is the way I understood it as well.

He may have shopped at Safeway even though he didn't work there anymore. And he may have been there for...uh...other reasons at various times on various days.

Parking lots of grocery stores and malls are actually prime in some areas for predators. Cars in and out, people coming and going and most rarely do more than even glance around so wouldn't notice if a suspicious person were out of their direct line of sight.

I think he prowled, there and other places, looking for prey.

Most scrap metal collectors that I have seen drive little pick-up trucks (good on gas) and haul a small trailer behind them. They collect washing machines and other bulk to take to the recycle place. How much metal could he really collect in a little car unless he was just stealing bags of aluminum cans set out on recycle days? Personally, I call baloney on this metal recycle scavenging.

Just my own opinion.

I agree. I don't think he was out looking for scrap metal that day. His family said he was planning to go fishing that day so it doesn't sound like he was "working" or whatever you want to call it that morning. There's really no excuse for him to be on her street. The only possible excuse I can I think he could give is that he got lost, but that doesn't really make sense either because he supposedly knew the area and drove by her street often. And still, that's not even an excuse. Even if he was scavenging on her street, that doesn't explain why he would take Sierra.

I just find it highly unlikely that he just got lucky that he drove down her street looking for scrap metal at that early time in the morning at the same time she was walking to the bus stop.

I agree. I don't think he was out looking for scrap metal that day. His family said he was planning to go fishing that day so it doesn't sound like he was "working" or whatever you want to call it that morning. There's really no excuse for him to be on her street. The only possible excuse I can I think he could give is that he got lost, but that doesn't really make sense either because he supposedly knew the area and drove by her street often. And still, that's not even an excuse. Even if he was scavenging on her street, that doesn't explain why he would take Sierra.

I just find it highly unlikely that he just got lucky that he drove down her street looking for scrap metal at that early time in the morning at the same time she was walking to the bus stop.

There's a business on Sierra's property...and maybe even the place next door. Did he know someone who worked there? There has to be some connection on why he was out there on that street.Imo, he had to have a reason to drive on Palm from Monterey Rd each day, if it is true that he did.

The shed where the clothes were found appears to be a working shed. Everything seemed in order and there was even a large trash bin. The one across the street was filled with junk...and was a dump site, for sure. Strange how he picked the neat shed to dump the bag.

I thought his mother was talking about him driving by where she catches the bus but I could have misunderstood.

So far from AGT's family during different interviews, they have told the media he was unemployed, worked as a tree trimmer, collected scrap and worked for a contractor.

Maybe he did all of these at one time, or some of these or none of these, we really don't know. I wonder if he ever worked in the fields or orchards to make money?

Oh, I forgot working for a landscaper was mentioned possible when referring to tree trimming?

Thanks, I didn't know that. I wonder if he worked on Paquita Espana at some time. Sierra's house had workers daily. I bet other properties had landscaping done. The place across from Sierra's is a landscaping showpiece.

If not, it was random and some time, some where, he just happened to drive on Palm and see a girl standing at a bus stop all alone in the middle of nowhere. It irritates me to no end that she had to do every day.

Scheller, Dougherty and Paquita E. practically intersect each other.

Not many people would be driving by Sierra's St. The only way one would is by accident. Dougherty, a main drag, turns into Scheller....where the are many long long sheds that appear to be working sheds. I suspect there may be cameras there. There are many migrant workers back in that area but the only way for them to reach Scheller or Dougherty is by foot. One neighbor used to see a guy walking daily between Scheller and Paquita E. on Dougherty (short, short distance) talking on his cell. He reported it to LE and got a very good look at the guy as his dog jumped on the stranger. So whoever that was, LE knows about him. So the main people who know the street woud be the farm workers and those who were employed by people living on the street.

The only other event that would bring somebody there would be Sierra herself, walking to and from the bus stop each day and being observed by a passing car or by a laborer close to her home.

a Criminal Minds Episode "To Hell... And Back" (Season 4, Episode 25) keeps coming to mind. victims were fed to pigs, and all that was left behind were their shoes. there definitely are Pigs in the MH area. so i am wondering if AGT could have learned some things about commiting a crime/disposing of a body by watching TV. maybe he's impressionable - saw this episode, and thought he could do the same thing. i didn't know pigs would eat humans until i saw it on TV! so considering SL has not been found, this seems a likely scenario. the other scenario is that he passed her off to someone else (maybe to settle a debt) and won't rat that someone else out to protect his family and himself.
MOO

Thanks, I didn't know that. I wonder if he worked on Paquita Espana at some time. Sierra's house had workers daily. I bet other properties had landscaping done. The place across from Sierra's is a landscaping showpiece.

If not, it was random and some time, some where, he just happened to drive on Palm and see a girl standing at a bus stop all alone in the middle of nowhere. It irritates me to no end that she had to do every day.

BBM agree with your feelings!

I had always thought the idea of having a teen (Molly Bish case) sit as a lifeguard and only security person in a swimsuit at a secluded lake did not make sense - but the thought of Sierra making that walk and waiting every day for her school bus rivals that!

I think he covered her body with perhaps some thick brush...If she was not clothed or contained, it will be difficult if not impossible to locate her.

If the phone was found on Scheller, he drove up Scheller from her house and immediately tossed the phone. He would be at Santa Teresa after tossing it. If he turned R he would be heading towards the sheds where the bag was placed...next st but it dead ends....so why would he go down a dead end street if he knew the area well. He could have put the bag anywhere. I suspect he wanted to get rid of the bag very quickly since he didn't even take her money. Did he know somebody there? Did he know of an empty house? I don't see him driving very far with that Juicy Bag in his car.

If he turned L on Santa Teresa he would be going towards his house and Uvas. If he went to Uvas and disposed, why would he bring the bag back to the area?

Good questions.
Why would he return to the area to dump the bag ?
If he wanted to isolate her from her belongings, as he did with the phone,
I would think he'd want to do that soon after abducting her.
The phone he could toss, but a bag full of clothing, along with a separate stack
Of school books would be a little trickier while driving. It could be done, but
You'd think there would be a trail of items, since he would not have been to
Chuck it all out at once.Clearly, he didn't do this.
So, maybe, he pulled behind the shed, took the pile as a whole and stashed it.
Then he took off.
The fly in the ointment, to me, is the " neatly folded " clothes in the bag. If he was in a hurry to clear the area, why would he go through the process of getting
Her clothes off at the shed? Then, why would he fold them and put them in the
Bag? Would a pile of books, a pink bag, and a messy pile of clothes have been any
More difficult to find than a bag with the clothes in it?
I know it has been stated that what she was wearing was found in the bag, but how do we know that? How would anybody know that? Speculation has been that LE must know that, based on
Video surveillance of her after leaving her house....but that is speculation, as far as I know. A
Couple of frames of the Jetta are all we know of any video evidence, I believe. Presumably, they
Have more. I hope so.
If there is no such footage of her after leaving the house wearing the exact clothing later found in the bag, I would find it easier to believe that the clothes in the bag were always in there, and that
She left the house with them in the bag, he did a quick dump, and then took her off to wherever,
While she was wearing her " go to school" clothes....
Then, there is no stop at the shed that was long enough to get her to disrobe, and no folding process, which would seem to run counter to somebody trying to clear the area in any kind of haste.

Of course, the big fly in this ointment is this : we have been told that his DNA has been found on
Her clothing in her bag.....so that would mean he had to been touching that clothing in some way,
And if the clothes were always in there, folded and untouched, that just cannot be .

Maybe he just did return to the shed on his way back home.

Good questions.
Why would he return to the area to dump the bag ?
If he wanted to isolate her from her belongings, as he did with the phone,
I would think he'd want to do that soon after abducting her.
The phone he could toss, but a bag full of clothing, along with a separate stack
Of school books would be a little trickier while driving. It could be done, but
You'd think there would be a trail of items, since he would not have been to
Chuck it all out at once.
So, maybe, he pulled behind the shed, took the pile as a whole and stashed it.
Then he took off.
The fly in the ointment, to me, is the " neatly folded " clothes in the bag. If he was in a hurry to clear the area, why would he go through the process of getting
Her clothes off at the shed? Then, why would he fold them and put them in the
Bag? Would a pile of books, a pink bag, and a messy pile of clothes been any
More difficult to find than a bag with the clothes in it?

For me, "neatly folded" was stressed. Several LE used the term. It was never clothing in the bag, or folded clothing in the bag. It was always "neatly folded" as if that has some significance over clothing packed any other way. IDK, maybe it's just a regional thing and that's how people speak on the West Coast as opposed to here in the Midwest...but to me "neatly folded" heard once or even perhaps twice wouldn't have registered in the way it has having heard it over and over, almost every time--if not every time--that LE spoke of the bag.

Am I the only one questioning the emphasis put on this phrase? Or am I just seeing something that isn't really there?

I have not heard of one case where the daughter of a sexual abuser has been murdered to revenge the original crime. Sexual abuse is all too common. Kidnap and murder, much rarer, but surely a much more likely scenario to one I have never ever come across before. It is surprising how infrequently even the guilty party is violently attacked as revenge from family members, let alone a murder to an unrelated innocent party.

I know we can't base everything off "most likely" - it was most likely that Sierra was harmed by someone in her family, like her step-father or RSO father, but there is plenty of evidence that is not so. So now we are at a scenario where it seems AGT saw her, stalked her and kidnapped her, since there is no evidence they had contact. Their both having an interest in drugs and Sierra tweeting people knew each other in both schools, especially given AGT was well done with school, seems flimsy evidence in indicate something more complicated was occurring.

If so, the poor girl who was originally violated by Steve LaMar has someone in her life who is even more dangerous and depraved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman