Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #20 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the prosecution is confident about their evidence. I am getting bad vibes. Why wouldn't they (if they didn't) make sure all discovery was provided in a timely manner, etc.? Are they stalling hoping Sierra is found? I hope not, as there is no guarantee she will be found. I would think they would protest and demand to move forward. And I am really unhappy with this judge for not putting his foot down. Again, it makes me wonder if the state is telling him/her they are okay with the delays, and if so, why. This seems so unfair to the family. It is not as though this suspect is going to enter a guilty plea anyway. This just makes me so angry and makes the justice system look ridiculous, IMO.

Your thoughts are my thoughts, and I was going to post similar concern that it sounds like prosc. is purposely doing things to buy time. Perhaps hoping they can find her.
I don't like being devils-advocate, but without her being found, this is going to be tough case IMO to prove capital murder.

Does anyone know if there is news video of the hearing? All I have found is the Mark Gomez article and another short blurb someplace.

(I want to grab some shots for the archive)

Your thoughts are my thoughts, and I was going to post similar concern that it sounds like prosc. is purposely doing things to buy time. Perhaps hoping they can find her.
I don't like being devils-advocate, but without her being found, this is going to be tough case IMO to prove capital murder.

Let's hope the delay is because they believe they are close to finding her! Perhaps they have an informant who is cooperating; maybe even his wife or mother. They would certainly be wise to do so, for many reasons.

One thing is for sure. The Santa Clara D.A.'s office is one of the finest in the country. They sit in the hub of the silicon valley and leverage all the technology available to solve these crimes. They truly are amazing. Don't doubt them, there *will* be a conviction. If this Perp has even one brain cell he will plea bargain and tell them where she is.

I hope the prosecution is confident about their evidence. I am getting bad vibes. Why wouldn't they (if they didn't) make sure all discovery was provided in a timely manner, etc.? Are they stalling hoping Sierra is found? I hope not, as there is no guarantee she will be found. I would think they would protest and demand to move forward. And I am really unhappy with this judge for not putting his foot down. Again, it makes me wonder if the state is telling him/her they are okay with the delays, and if so, why. This seems so unfair to the family. It is not as though this suspect is going to enter a guilty plea anyway. This just makes me so angry and makes the justice system look ridiculous, IMO.

It is much better if they find a body. Rushing to trial will only be a deficit to the prosecution. Good point you make.

Its good for both sides that there is a delay. You can't go forward anyhow if the defense isn't granted discovery. DNA and Video are kind of important. How can you proceed with a trial when you do not know what evidence they have?

The defendant might decide to claim insanity or even plead guilty if he sees incriminating evidence. And or he could try for a plea agreement if its incriminating. No matter what you think this person did they deserve the rights afforded them under the law.

Everyone deserves a fair trial. They do not always get it though, most of the time they do not. In this specific case since they need more time to locate Sierras dry remains its better they do not proceed. However with each passing day I have the feeling that they will not find her.

He had the whole thing planned from start to finish which leads me to believe he had a location or method of disposal that he thought was full proof.

Just watching this Louis Theroux doco and got so mad - this inmate charged with attempted murder said his attorney is using a tactic called distancing. Listen to what he says and see if it doesn't make you just as mad for Sierra!! Listen from 11:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLAFD86C630C385924&feature=player_embedded&v=Bl5LzES8ccg#t=706s

This is this 's crime http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gaysouthflorida/2008/05/friends-charged.html I can't find what he eventually was convicted with or sentenced to.

:bump: Bumping for Sierra. Torres next court appearance is 6/27.

It is much better if they find a body. Rushing to trial will only be a deficit to the prosecution. Good point you make.

Hello all, Im new here and Sierra is a friend of my daughter's. We live in Fremont Ca. and they went to school together before sierra moved to Morgan Hill. I just wanted to say, AGT IS HISTORY. They have DNA evidence as well as DIRECT EVIDENCE that HE MURDERED SIERRA. Once they have all that ... this Evil twisted SOB is HISTORY ... here is part of the article ...

Smith says ample evidence has been collected, including forensic evidence and direct and circumstantial evidence that "contributes to our belief that Sierra is a victim of murder." Some of that circumstantial evidence includes the fact that Sierra was a very social 15-year-old, the sheriff said, constantly tweeting and calling her friends. Not a soul has heard from her.

But Marlene LaMar still holds out hope.

"I believe there's a reason she wasn't found," she said. "We're not going to give up on that."

Contact Julia Prodis Sulek at 408-278-3409.

timeline for 15-year-old sierra lamar's disappearance
March 16: 15-year-old Sierra LaMar disappears on the way to school.
March 17: Sierra's black Samsung Galaxy cellphone is found a few blocks from the bus stop.
March 18: Sierra's pink Juicy-brand bag, with a neatly folded T-shirt and pants inside, is found down the road from where the phone was discovered.
March 28: Investigators begin 24-hour surveillance of Antolin Garcia-Torres after DNA evidence from the bag is linked to him.
April 7: Investigators seize Garcia-Torres' red Volkswagen Jetta, which has a black hood.
May 21: Sheriff's deputies arrest Garcia-Torres in front of a Morgan Hill Safeway store after the crime lab determines Sierra's DNA was in the Jetta.
Tuesday: Sheriff Laurie Smith says Garcia-Torres kidnapped and killed Sierra.

Have the work sites he was working on when Sierra went missing been checked?

Hopefully they did check any of his work sites. Rick Gardiner is a contractor, owns his own business. hmmmmmm. It has also been said that Rick Gardiner (Marlene's EX-boyfriend had several pics of sierra in his computer, that were later found by Marlene. I wonder WHERE Rick moved to after they split up. :banghead:

Welcome to Websleuths Thats-Out.
Thanks for joining the thread on Sierra.
This must be difficult for your daughter,(as well as Sierra's family and yourself) and I hope they find Sierra.
The continuing delays of the court appearances for AGT is ridiculous.
I pray for strength for Sierra's family and friends.
And I hope that there is a resolution. God Bless!

Hopefully they did check any of his work sites. Rick Gardiner is a contractor, owns his own business. hmmmmmm. It has also been said that Rick Gardiner (Marlene's EX-boyfriend had several pics of sierra in his computer, that were later found by Marlene. I wonder WHERE Rick moved to after they split up. :banghead:

Thanks for posting. Maybe I'm a bit confused, and if so, I apologize. But are you meaning to say R. Gardner had some sort of relationship with Sierra and/or knows where her body is, and was implicated in it? It seems that's what you were hinting at, so I curious as to where this info would come from.

Thank you

MY GUT FEELING TELLS ME THAT AGT DID THIS ONE TOO::

* Body found in Morgan Hill in the area of Sheila Avenue and Prom Drive

Published by Staff Writer on August 13, 2010

Santa Clara County sheriff’s detectives are investigating the discovery of a body early this morning in a remote area outside of Morgan Hill, a spokesman for the sheriff’s office said.Deputies responded at about 1:40 a.m. to a report of a suspicious circumstance in the area of Sheila Avenue and Prom Drive, between the cities of Morgan Hill and Gilroy, sheriff’s Sgt. Rick Sung said.Upon arrival, deputies found a body on a ridge and secured the area for investigation, Sung said. Detectives are interviewing the man who reported the discovery, he said.

Copyright © 2010 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

hey That's Out- Look, come on back, unseal your lips becauise I want to hear what you have to say about AGT and the paste you did re- Aug 2010 & a body found between Morgan Hill & Gilroy. What do you know about that? Was the body ever identified? What's the rest of the story about that? You apparently think it is important.

well okay
http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_15815689

so now I want to know why Thats-out thinks AGT??

I don't know why, but the article points out the murder happened near a pot farm. If that's related and That's-Out is right, then kudos to OldSteve:

I've not read any reason for his being fired, nor have I read that LE ever did a though search of the mother ship...
I've been suspicious that he might have been into selling pot (no evidence to support this, just a feeling I get)....

I wont be surprised if he is tied to numerous criminal activities in that area. A bad seed. Definately a chip off the old block; like father, like son.

I recently saw an interview of Marlene Lamar. She has moved from the Morgan Hill house and split up from Rick, but still holds out hope that Sierra will be found.

It is obvious to me, with all the searches conducted by KlaasKids and others, along with AGT's silence, that he is confident he disappeared Sierra in a way she will never be found.

At least the monster who murdered Mickey Shunick confessed; I was so hoping AGT would follow suit. And yes, I have no doubt that SC County has the goods on AGT. At this point, whether or not there is a body should make no difference in getting a conviction. AGT has been locked up for over a year and still hasn't pleaded. This borders on the ridiculous, and I can assure everyone that the residents of SC County have long memories and the passage of time has not softened the pain of this horrible crime.

Does anyone know if there is news video of the hearing? All I have found is the Mark Gomez article and another short blurb someplace.

(I want to grab some shots for the archive)

I am local and did not see any video on the news; only Sierra supporters in the front of the Courthouse. There have been minimal sightings of AGT in court. Once he pleads, things should pick up in MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip