Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the reason is because if he left later than usual, he may have seen something (?) and LE will not say what time he left as to not jeopardize the investigation? Just thinking out loud to why the sherriff refused to comment. Same with mom. Perhaps the reason some think her story is wishy washy is because there are certain things she can't reveal. JMO.

:seeya: Morning !

BBM: JMO, but the Sheriff DID answer the question even though it appears he did NOT answer the question ... :waitasec: I hope that made sense ...

In other words, the Sheriff stated the investigation continues and nobody is being eliminated -- which differs from what the other LE officer said ...

JMO, but I do not believe that LE is "confused" ... I think they have some clues and do not want to compromise this investigation.

Sheriff's remark from : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../06/ng.01.html

SMITH: We`ve talked with him. We`re continuing the investigation. Until Sierra`s home safely, we`re not eliminating anybody, and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get, we will absolutely totally follow up.

LE often takes a "no comment" stance, especially on a television talk show where one question leads to another, and answers can be misconstrued. Any answer to NG's question about the bf would only have led to more speculation. Smith was wise not engage her. IMO

My first post on this case after lots of catching up.

I think before anyone can say anything else, one thing MUST be determined, was the boyfriend in fact home after the mother left or not??

This is extrememly important and someone somehow needs to clarify it. If I was the boyfriend, right now I would be getting my work place to confirm this publicly so as to make EVERYONE clear him as a suspect. If he was in fact home I think the truth should also be told about this and then he would deserve suspicions cast upon him.

Frankly I dont think Rick owes the public anything. Marlene clearly said at the end of her statement concerning Rick......that LE knows and that is the only one that needs to know anything about Rick.

It has been written in more articles than I can keep up with that Rick is NOT a suspect and all three adults are not involved in the disappearance of Sierra. THAT has already been written ad nauseaum so what difference would it make if now he tries to clear himself when those articles stating he is NOT a suspect seem to have disappeared from some people's memory in an instant? People are going to believe what they want to believe whether it is the truth or not.

Marlene said twice that he left before she did.....after answering it a third time she misspoke as we have all done at some time in our lives and stated it backwards. BUT Marlene and Rick both know that LE knows the timeline and to me that is all that counts.

Because the Sheriff all of a sudden took a 180 degree turn and says no one is ruled out does not mean Rick has been ruled in and is being looked at as a suspect.

The Sheriff needs to get more up to date on this case. Lt. Troy Smith is the Media Officer which Sheriff Smith appointed and he releases nothing without passing it by her first. He has clearly said that neither Rick, Steve or Marlene are suspects in this case nor had anything to do with Sierra's disappearance.

Meanwhile, there is a precious 15 year old girl missing, and gone without a trace, and now the cases as been diverted simply because her mother is exhausted after keeping up this pace for over three weeks and misspoke. What a double tragedy this is becoming, imo.

I feel like I am back in the Lunsford case when so much attention was spent on Mark and his parents when the true murderer of Jessica was still out there at the time running loose.

Prayers for Marlene, Steve, Danielle, and Rick!

:moo:

I never pay much attention to Dr. Bethany when she is on Nancy's Show ... but last night, she caught my attention with her comments and questions.

Below is Dr. Bethany's statements from NG Show 4-6-12 :

Portions below snipped for space :

Snipped from : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

GRACE: Very quickly, Dr. Bethany Marshall, psychoanalyst and author of "deal breakers".

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR, DEALBREAKERS: It was put there, Nancy. And you know what, no 15-year-old girl is going to put their juicy couture bag on the ground. So, we know the perp did it. ...

I think it`s very strange that this evidence is leaking out so slowly. What did Miss Lamar`s boyfriend observe when this little girl was leaving the house? That is such a treasure-trove of information. And I do urge her to --

GRACE: The thing is though, Bethany, she tells me that the boyfriend had left before she did. So the last person to actually see Sierra is the mom. The boyfriend was already gone.

MARSHALL: But now she`s saying that he left after she did. So the story hole is what did this boyfriend observe? And in particular is as a psychoanalyst --

GRACE: Hold on. Hold on. Let me clear it up, Bethany. I think you`re right.

It is unsettling how unclear the mother is in her interviews. I wish I could hear her talk about other things rather than this situation. Is it just that she can not organize her thoughts and therefore doesn't communicate well in all areas of her life. Or is she trying to filter the information she gives the public because LE has asked her not to reveal things? Or is she trying keep a story going that isn't true and thus keeps confusing facts? You would think she has told this information over and over again...and that she has re-lived that morning over and over again...why would there be any confusion as to when the bf leaves the house?

She is so protective of the boyfriend and not speaking about him. Would it not make sense to just be upfront about the timeline and leave it at that....she consistently repeats he has been cleared.....hhhmmm just feels odd.

IMO, the amount of stress Marlene is under may be clouding her memory. During the most traumatic time of my life, I blocked something out. My father died under my care while my mother was hospitalized after brain surgery. He had Parkinson's Disease and would sometimes say he felt like he was dying. He died of a stroke. About two weeks later, my mom asked if I thought he knew he was dying. I said "No." And then I had this horrible memory of him saying he thought he was dying earlier that day. It was like the boy who called wolf ... and I totally blocked it out. I felt guilty, although it obviously wasn't my fault.

That said, even if this is the case, it doesn't mean that the BF had involvement. Although if he did indeed leave last, he should have corrected Marlene earlier. But it's possible that they were afraid ... or even that they left at about the same time, with one leaving the driveway first, etc. IMO, we don't have enough info right now to determine this.

I don't have an issue with the mom possibly having been confused and said the wrong words. But I do think it is a leap to assume the sheriff of the county is out of the loop on such a high-profile case and wouldn't know whether or not anyone would be ruled in or out. JMO

Just speculating.
They may have made a right turn on Baily after the purse ws dropped.
And took Baily to the 101 south. Looks like you can take Baily and get off or turns into Malech RD. Did they cross the 101 South on Malech RD and search that area by the tree line?

And check under the over pass there on Baily and the 101 south over pass.
Two over passes I see. One on Baily and the other on Baily and 101 South.

Updated timeline is on the way, shouldn't be more than a couple of hours.

Whatever mom said or didn't say, in any event, I think the real question is did everyone arrive at work (or wherever they were going) on time. Anyone can leave a house and come back.

KTVU.COM
Friday, April 6, 2012
8:37 p.m.
"Search Continues for Sierra LaMar"

IMO, the amount of stress Marlene is under may be clouding her memory. During the most traumatic time of my life, I blocked something out. My father died under my care while my mother was hospitalized after brain surgery. He had Parkinson's Disease and would sometimes say he felt like he was dying. He died of a stroke. About two weeks later, my mom asked if I thought he knew he was dying. I said "No." And then I had this horrible memory of him saying he thought he was dying earlier that day. It was like the boy who called wolf ... and I totally blocked it out. I felt guilty, although it obviously wasn't my fault.

That said, even if this is the case, it doesn't mean that the BF had involvement. Although if he did indeed leave last, he should have corrected Marlene earlier. But it's possible that they were afraid ... or even that they left at about the same time, with one leaving the driveway first, etc. IMO, we don't have enough info right now to determine this.

Gosh, that is a lot for you to handle and go through. I'm sorry. And as you said, it is totally understandable to completely forget things when you are under stress, as you experienced.

I was just stating that if I have re-lived a time over and over as well as told it to others...I would be very clear on my facts. It would be second nature at that time because it is so clearly something you have analyzed and thought about. You were taken off guard by your mom's question, so you hadn't thought it out.

I don't have an issue with the mom possibly having been confused and said the wrong words. But I do think it is a leap to assume the sheriff of the county is out of the loop on such a high-profile case and wouldn't know whether or not anyone would be ruled in or out. JMO

I think it is a logical assumption to make.

It has been a couple of weeks now when Lt. Troy Smith told the media that neither of the three adults are involved in Sierra's disappearance. He is Sheriff Smith's Media Officer and nothing goes out without her knowing first what is going to be said.

All along the national media has said they have been told none of the three are suspects. It has been said on every show for weeks. Did Sheriff Smith call anyone and correct them all that time? NO!

So now after the fact..weeks later she is saying no one is ruled out. There is no way I will believe that Lt. Troy Smith put that information out without her expressed approval and she has not contradicted what he said in all these weeks until last night.

Yes,imo, it does show me she really hasn't consulted with her own investigators very much on the case. Lt. Troy Smith gets his information for the lead investigators and passes the information onto Sheriff Smith who is a department head who doesn't investigate the case. She leaves that up to her detectives.

IMO

It sounded to me like the Sherrif was choosing her words VERY carefully...and perhaps couldn't respond to questions fully for whatever reason.

If they've been cleared, all 3 must have solid alibis, imo

Could they have been premature in saying family members including BF was cleared and based their assumption on interviews only without investigating the alibis? I'm trying to think of any other cases where family members were ruled out but then ruled back in. I can't think of any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214