Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #6 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kron.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=3725

This article says the reward is based on Sierra being returned "alive and safe" to her family...
--------
News reports on recovering an alive victim, seem to always state: "safe," even though the victim was sexually assaulted, etc.

Another word that has always bothered me is LE and media terming a criminal, a "gentleman." This gentleman...

I also believe that the items were left at once...just not sure of the reason. I am not sold on the idea of trying to taunt LE, but do agree that the perp would not have any idea that he had 12 hours before she would be noticed to be missing, so he would get away from her neighborhood ASAP. The only way a perp would know or believe he had so much time was if he was also a student and/or an employee of the school, IMO.

I don't think it was a taunting thing since the bag and books were placed in a spot not seen from the road. I also think the perp acted quickly. Now that it appears the bag was placed there, i'm leaning toward him placing the bag/books there after he did whatever to Sierra. He had to get out the car and he'd have to have knocked Sierra out, locked her in the trunk, or had someone with him to stop the car and hide the remaining things. I think once he had her he wanted to get away from the area so the rest of her things were discarded the next day.

This new proximity reporting from whisperer and melley is priceless. Thank you for making this effort and for generously sharing what you found and saw. We have much more insight into what was possible that morning of March 16. It always seemed one would be brazenly conspicuous to enter a cul de sac, especially at that hour but now it seems outrageous for a stranger to drive down there. Of course, the bravado of drugs can never be discounted, still, strange choice. Passing strange.

--------
News reports on recovering an alive victim, seem to always state: "safe," even though the victim was sexually assaulted, etc.

Another word that has always bothered me is LE and media terming a criminal, a "gentleman." This gentleman...

But it does not seem to include information leading to locating her, or the prosecution of the perp, etc...which I thought was in the article I read yesterday, but not sure.

After reading more on this car. Looks like the investigators asked the friend about it. I really wish we had someway of telling Sierra friends not to twitter what they have been asked about. Who knows if the prep if this is the case is reading them

The friend said "private investigator" so she may have been told to ask her friends. If it was LE they could do a trace on the car and find who it was registered to. If that was the actual car in the photo can anyone tell what it's parked near or if they're plates on it?

But it does not seem to include information leading to locating her, or the prosecution of the perp, etc...which I thought was in the article I read yesterday, but not sure.

I'm not referencing this case specifically, I'm just saying I'm tired of when a victim is recovered, terming it "recovered safe" even though the victim was sexually assaulted, etc. Also, I'm sick of the generalized term "gentleman" being used to describe someone who was anything but "a gentleman."

--------

I also have never heard of a reward being offered to "the first person" that provides info for a safe return. It sounds as if there is more than one person who might hold this info. The phrasing just caught my attention.

I also have never heard of a reward being offered to "the first person" that provides info for a safe return. It sounds as if there is more than one person who might hold this info. The phrasing just caught my attention.

It's worded odd. Also it states "safe return". So the reward is only available to someone who gives them info to her being safely recovered. IMO this would only apply to a runaway situation and that's not what it appears happened. Unless they know something we don't.

I've not seen this addressed as yet but something that has been "bugging" me is all the talk of placing a person's whereabouts by pinging their cell phone. Cannot a cell phone be placed/left at any area to avoid or confuse that issue?

I know LE hardly ever talks about results of polygraphs, but I can't help wondering when they say they are not releasing the results...why not release the results if everyone passed? Just wondering...JMO

They just dont ever do that whatever their reasons are.

But in this case they did do the next best thing when Cordoza and Lt. Smith came out to the press and said that none of the three are involved in Sierra's disapperance. They would not have done so, imo, if any of the three failed their poly. So one has to read between the lines sometime to get the answer.

IMO

I've not seen this addressed as yet but something that has been "bugging" me is all the talk of placing a person's whereabouts by pinging their cell phone. Cannot a cell phone be placed/left at any area to avoid or confuse that issue?

Just about everyone these days have Smart Phones that have GPS tracking on them. I imagine there was phone activity too and those can show which cell tower picked up the call. I think LE would be suspicious of a phone that was use to activity and stayed in one area and had no phone activity at all during that time.

I imagine the cell tower pings picked up where everyone was at the time when they were leaving one area and going into another area where another cell tower was located.

I absolutely believe LE knows the whereabouts that day of all three adults mentioned. LE said they all had alibis and LE never says that unless all alibis have been tried...tested and verfied to be true.

IMO

I still think it's more than just coincidence that there was going to be an Ecstasy Party the night of March 16. If you check a few of her close friend's Twitter feeds, you can find more information. (I understand drugs/alcohol are common at this age, but the timing makes me think twice.)

I hope that her friends aren't withholding information because they are scared---the $10,000 reward to "the first person" with information seems like it might be to entice one of these kids to come forward.

If Ecstasy had anything to do with this, the perp is probably someone that she knows directly or through a friend (a dealer's friend perhaps?). Her friends could easily divulge who her/their dealers are...but will they risk that for $10,000?

On another note...
On March 15th, between 2:00-3:00pm, Sierra was tweeting about someone deserving to be punched, something making her feel really bad, and something happening "one year ago"
What happened 1 year ago? Was it to the day?

#findsierra

JMO

Yes it can be. Say for instance I wanted to drive 5 miles away and murder someone. I could leave my cellphone at my residence. Make the trip, commit the murder, and then return. My cellphone will then show LE I was at home. It can be deceptive, it just usually isn't. Most people, even very bright people, don't think about their phones while committing crimes.

I don't recall if this has been mentioned before but could she have maybe taken a short cut through to the bus stop? Maybe she walked a path or something so she could smoke and not be seen.

I still think it's more than just coincidence that there was going to be an Ecstasy Party the night of March 16. If you check a few of her close friend's Twitter feeds, you can find more information. (I understand drugs/alcohol are common at this age, but the timing makes me think twice.)

I hope that her friends aren't withholding information because they are scared---the $10,000 reward to "the first person" with information seems like it might be to entice one of these kids to come forward.

If Ecstasy had anything to do with this, the perp is probably someone that she knows directly or through a friend (a dealer's friend perhaps?). Her friends could easily divulge who her/their dealers are...but will they risk that for $10,000?

On another note...
On March 15th, between 2:00-3:00pm, Sierra was tweeting about someone deserving to be punched, something making her feel really bad, and something happening "one year ago"
What happened 1 year ago? Was it to the day?

#findsierra

JMO

That is pretty interesting if something was upsetting her the day before.

On one of Sierra's friends twitters they just posted a picture of an old model white four door car that might be connected with her disappearance. Interesting.

The friend says that investigators are the ones that would like to know about it. I know we can't link anything here since the friend is a minor but the car is pretty specific looking.

EDIT: Thank you to ozazure we now know the vehicle is a Dodge Dynasty.

does anyone have more info on this car? Can I get a link to info? If not, can you PM me the pic?

In addition, the GPS on a smartphone is not infallible. It can say you are in one area when you are not because the signal can get "caught" on one tower. You can also turn off GPS tracking.

canadiansleuth:

You mentioned that teenagers often use cuss words in their communications. I was pretty much somewhat taken aback when I have overheard teenagers using the words: rape, stalking in a joking, casual, sarcastic manner in everyday conversation. I mentioned this to school administrators, but it's basically ignored as common and everyday jargon outside of the classroom.

The problem I have with this, is that a predator could join in a conversation online and pretend to be a teenager, thus blending in. That is where my concern is.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I think nowadays, most teens are not as easy to fool when it comes to online predators. Most of us don't hit up online chatrooms anymore and more and more protective of our facebook accounts. 9/10 teens could probably spot a fake facebook account pretty well too.

It may have been someone she had never spoken to via the internet too. I've seen this presentation on how easy it is just to find so much information on one person.

The car posted on twitter is a 4 door, white Dodge Dynasty..probably late 80's early 90's. The car is parked along a street and appears to have a blue license plate.

does anyone have more info on this car? Can I get a link to info? If not, can you PM me the pic?

The photo of the car was in a post on the Hinky Meter site today, page 10 of the forum about Sierra...I can't link it for some reason and not sure we are allowed to do so anway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214