Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #7 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know on Saturday I heard a lot of things said. But until I hear them out of either the LE or someone close to the case I am considering what I heard as just rumorsI have not seen anything saying that the bus driver went to the house checking on Sierra not saying the did not. But we have to be careful people have a way of takig a simple thing and next thing we have is a game of telephone if you all know what I mean.:fence:

I agree wasnt the bus drive interviewed and she said how cheerfull sierra is and she carried her books on her arm she said she had been driving her for 6 weeks and never said she drove down her street.

I get what everyone is saying here, but if I was the "dummy" who did not understand that "secreted" had nothing to do with bodily secretions, I would have been more likely to ask about semen or vaginbal secretions than urine. I don't really categorize urine or feces as "secretions" and considering the presumption that this was a sexually motivated crime, "sexual" secretions would seem more likely to be found unless the person asking was basing the question on the statements by Jaycee Dugard that she urinated when the Garrido's used the stun gun on her.

Excellent points here. IMO the reporter who asked about urine on the clothing did not do so based on the use of the word "secreted". Um,after all, aren't words the stock in trade of reporters ?

The fact that LE refused to comment on the urine question tells me that either there was urine on the clothing. Or,LE is keeping this a secret,known only to the people who abducted Sierra. Guess it helps to eliminate people who might "confess" later...

MOO

I do not know how many kids rode her bus, or how well the driver knew them, but if she was aware that Sierra's "parents" both worked an hour away and she was the child's ONLY way to get to school, she might have done this out of the goodness of her heart, especially if she was running a little ahead of schedule.

Have many years of experience with school buses,kids,etc. Drivers never would go off their route to check on any student. Think about it : would she do this with every kid ? What about if a kid is out sick ? Would she then check every day ? They would never get to school LOL... School buses operate on a strict route timetable. Parents have to be able to know when the bus will be at a certain stop. All of this is usually on the school district transportation website. In my experience they all operate on these guidelines...

Just catching up again.
Regarding the sheriff talking about the weather and scent going "poof".... This is a tough situation. To my knowledge the Sheriff has never been a dog handler or trained dogs, so sometimes the info they are giving out can be a bit skewed, kwim? You can't have intimate knowledge of everything.

Have many years of experience with school buses,kids,etc. Drivers never would go off their route to check on any student. Think about it : would she do this with every kid ? What about if a kid is out sick ? Would she then check every day ? They would never get to school LOL... School buses operate on a strict route timetable. Parents have to be able to know when the bus will be at a certain stop. All of this is usually on the school district transportation website. In my experience they all operate on these guidelines...

IMO: If Sierra missed her bus, then that might make her more amenable to taking a ride with someone.

A male would be more likely to throw things out of a car than to take time to stop, get out and neatly place items. A male with OCD might do so but most males will just want the items gone and not care beyond that.

A female perp could do either, but IMO would be more likely to place items neatly than a male would. (I am still considering that a car with one or more females picked Sierra up that day.)

I am not as focused on the purse being "wedged" as I am about the school books that were found with it. How close to the purse were the books? Were they neatly stacked as if placed, or were they strewn as if thrown, tossed or dropped, with pages blowing in the wind? Even if the purse was thrown and somehow managed to land wedged between two objects, I find it hard to accept that school books tossed out, even from a slow moving or stopped vehicle, would land neatly stacked.

I have only heard that the school books were found with the purse but not how close to the purse or in what condition they were when found. If those books were stacked or wedged in anywhere I would be more inclined to see all items as purposely placed. If not, I could consider that all the items were tossed. Does anyone know more about the books?

Culs de sac can operate something like a trap & from the start, Whisperer has let us know that Paquita Espana is so narrow that turning around is no snap. I have thought that the abduction car could well have used #18 to back and then angle forward. Another possibility is that this driver was so brash and assuming that he actually used the circle drive where Sierra was standing. (That is, he looked ahead, saw the dead end and pulled in so as to exit onto the street after he made the driveway curve.) This interests me because I am slowly examining his state of mind as best we can determine it.

A male would be more likely to throw things out of a car than to take time to stop, get out and neatly place items. A male with OCD might do so but most males will just want the items gone and not care beyond that.

A female perp could do either, but IMO would be more likely to place items neatly than a male would. (I am still considering that a car with one or more females picked Sierra up that day.)

I am not as focused on the purse being "wedged" as I am about the school books that were found with it. How close to the purse were the books? Were they neatly stacked as if placed, or were they strewn as if thrown, tossed or dropped, with pages blowing in the wind? Even if the purse was thrown and somehow managed to land wedged between two objects, I find it hard to accept that school books tossed out, even from a slow moving or stopped vehicle, would land neatly stacked.

I have only heard that the school books were found with the purse but not how close to the purse or in what condition they were when found. If those books were stacked or wedged in anywhere I would be more inclined to see all items as purposely placed. If not, I could consider that all the items were tossed. Does anyone know more about the books?

I really think they were in the bag. I threw this out awhile back that morning it was rather chilly. Say Sierra put the books in the bag so at least on hand would be free at all times to use her phone or if hand got cold keep keep it wram. As she walked to the bus stop she switched the bag to the other hand to warm the other one up. I used to do that carrying my books before I had anything to carry them in.

Okay, let me be sure I have this right.
Sierra did not arrive at the bus stop a mile from her home. The driver knew her address (or another rider provided it) and she drove the bus into the cul de sac and to Sierra's driveway to see if she was on the way.
1. Assuming Sierra HAD been late, she might have boarded the bus right where the dogs say her trail stops (not what I think happened).
2. When neighbors were asked if they spotted anything out of the ordinary or any unfamiliar vehicles that morning, how is it possible that NOT ONE PERSON mentioned a freaking SCHOOL BUS driving through a neighborhood that did not have a bus stop on it and, besides that, was a cul-de-sac??

This is the 3rd time I'm referencing this program, because it contains so many teachable moments. In my last post I think that if Sierra knew she had missed her bus, (and that is a possible scenario, not yet a fact known) she might be more amenable to accepting a ride, even with a "stranger."

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_162-6986320.html

48 Hours Mystery: Escape From A Serial Killer

On Sept. 27, 1992, Jennifer Asbenson was 19 years old and working at a home for crippled children.

"I was working the night shift there from 10 p.m. until 6 in the morning… I went to the bus stop to catch the bus to go to work. I had run in the store to buy something and I saw that the bus had left without me, so I came running out in a panic. I knew that was the last bus for the night. I had no way to get to work.

"Somebody pulled up in a car and just said, 'Hey, do you need a ride?'"

The man, she says, looked "totally harmless."

"And I didn't feel any sense of fear. When I got in the car he was so nice and so charming."

Sierra did not arrive at the bus stop a mile from her home. The driver knew her address (or another rider provided it) and she drove the bus into the cul de sac and to Sierra's driveway to see if she was on the way.
1. Assuming Sierra HAD been late, she might have boarded the bus right where the dogs say her trail stops (not what I think happened).
2. When neighbors were asked if they spotted anything out of the ordinary or any unfamiliar vehicles that morning, how is it possible that NOT ONE PERSON mentioned a freaking SCHOOL BUS driving through a neighborhood that did not have a bus stop on it and, besides that, was a cul-de-sac??

the bus information was second hand from another poster that was on the search (posted earlier upstream)

we need to be careful with this sort of information/grain of salt alert

also for any locals wanting to become verified:

please send an email to:
wsverify@xmission.com

Please include:

The case
Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

In the subject line please put the case to be verified on.

This will all be kept strictly confidential.

In Post #67 of this thread, Whisperer posted that in her opinion a large bus would not be able to drive right up to the house. Whisperer is a local who actually went to Sierra's house so maybe she can expand on this more.

I get what everyone is saying here, but if I was the "dummy" who did not understand that "secreted" had nothing to do with bodily secretions, I would have been more likely to ask about semen or vaginal secretions than urine. I don't really categorize urine or feces as "secretions" and considering the presumption that this was a sexually motivated crime, "sexual" secretions would seem more likely to be found unless the person asking was basing the question on the statements by Jaycee Dugard that she urinated when the Garrido's used the stun gun on her.

I just cant believe a reporter didnt know the word secreted and what it means in reference to this case. I think some of the reporters may have been given info about the urine from some of their inside sources. So of course the detective speaking with reporters isnt going to confirm it one way or the other.

And just because they are now using the word 'wedged' some seems to think it had to be hand placed there by someone that walked up to that area.

But for me, it just makes much more sense when something is tossed out of a vehicle window it can easily get wedged between two things and this is where the purse just happened to land. The perp probably looked quckly from the vehicle to see if it was out of sight and when it was he rode on quickly.

IMO

I am taking the bus comment with a grain of salt, Its probably hearsay or the bus driver trying to make herself sound more involved to her friend. I agree that there is no way it got in the Cul de Sac and turned around. They do have a set schedule and if they were to drive to every kids home that missed the bus or was out sick, that would be chaos. Not only that I would not be comfortable knowing that the bus drivers knew and singled out my child to know where we live, that would be spooky in itself, especially a new driver. If this really happened, perhaps they need to be taking a closer look at the bus driver, however I don't believe it ever really happened to be honest....IMHO

In Post #67 of this thread, Whisperer posted that in her opinion a large bus would not be able to drive right up to the house. Whisperer is a local who actually went to Sierra's house so maybe she can expand on this more.
A large bus could not make it in a single pass, but a smaller one could. There is plenty of room in the court to turn a large Suburban or the like around. Do we know that it was a large bus?
Agreed that we need to be careful when getting info. that has been passed down the line.

I don't take the morning timeline as gospel either. The last human to lay eyes on her yes, but even now that is questionable. Texts could be sent by perps to buy time. In fact the last several cases i have followed share this. Even the tweet of the pic could be a distraction if someone came in the house. Like Katelyn Markham, the last thing sent was a pic of her.

I really think they were in the bag. I threw this out awhile back that morning it was rather chilly. Say Sierra put the books in the bag so at least on hand would be free at all times to use her phone or if hand got cold keep keep it wram. As she walked to the bus stop she switched the bag to the other hand to warm the other one up. I used to do that carrying my books before I had anything to carry them in.

If the books were in the bag, the bag might have been heavy enough to be thrown out of a vehicle and land "wedged" between the building and the bush.

I am taking the bus comment with a grain of salt, Its probably hearsay or the bus driver trying to make herself sound more involved to her friend. I agree that there is no way it got in the Cul de Sac and turned around. They do have a set schedule and if they were to drive to every kids home that missed the bus or was out sick, that would be chaos. Not only that I would not be comfortable knowing that the bus drivers knew and singled out my child to know where we live, that would be spooky in itself, especially a new driver. If this really happened, perhaps they need to be taking a closer look at the bus driver, however I don't believe it ever really happened to be honest....IMHO

First, I dont think a bus driver would drive up to a house to investigate just because one of the students didnt catch the bus. There can be a myriad of valid reasons why the student wouldnt be at the bus stop that day.

Secondly, in that cul-de-sac it would be awfully hard for the bus driver to turn the bus around.

Just doesnt make sense. I think it is nothing more than a rumor which often happens in cases such as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59