Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a female seems like the most likely suspect. hence my call to LE.

Are you feeling that this would be someone close in age to Sierra or a few years older? Or a grown woman? Or a group of girls? Just wondering...at one point I felt it could be a male/female couple, with the male being someone who perhaps had something going with Sierra at one time, and it was a kind of revenge thing. Not sure anymore, of anything.

Are you feeling that this would be someone close in age to Sierra or a few years older? Or a grown woman? Or a group of girls? Just wondering...at one point I felt it could be a male/female couple, with the male being someone who perhaps had something going with Sierra at one time, and it was a kind of revenge thing. Not sure anymore, of anything.[/quote

can't say. but female.jmo

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the dogs were right and Sierra's scent (rightly) stops at the end of the driveway. It would take a lot of, ummm...nerve, I'll say, for an abductor to go up to the house on the cul-de-sac to abduct someone. How did they know someone wouldn't follow her out of the house? Why not wait til she's a little distance away? Going up to the driveway would be taking a very huge risk. They would have to be 100% certain that no one else would be coming out....

While catching up on posts from last night and today I see several posts regarding the inhaler and something came to mind that I thought I'd make mention of.. Probably of no significance or importance but if anything to me it does seem to possibly indicate Sierra's asthma was an issue for her(and what I mean by this is that as most know asthma can run the entire gamut from being mild for some individuals to being quite severe, and even life threatening for others)..

With that said, today I recalled one of Sierras tweets that could possibly be indicative that ATLEAST at times Sierras asthma could be an issue and even quite concerning.. I do not know the tweet verbatim and perhaps someone who is more familiar than I may be able to weigh in or add detail or their opinion on this particular tweet.. Iirc in the tweet Sierra was expressing what seemed to be the norm for her about her irritated nature she had towards mom, Marlene regarding what was obviously a somewhat concerning and continued cough that Sierra had.. Sierra was irritated that mom was continuing to check and ask was Sierra ok almost with every cough.. This made me think that it was quite possible that as a mom, Marlene was recognizing that Sierras asthma was "acting up" and this was concerning to mom therefor why she kept checking on Sierra and her continued cough..

I believe that just as most know that asthma this time of year does indeed "act up" or flare up during these seasonal months and this is likely what was occurring with Sierras asthma as well.. Mom realized this and was possibly keeping her "mom antennas" a little more alert than usual due to the fact she recognized this in her daughter.. We also know that several of Sierra s friends/pals have made mention of Sierras "weird" cough.. For me this further lends credence to the fact that Sierra was ATLEAST here recently having some issues or flare ups with her asthma.. I believe this is possibly why Marlene recognizing that Sierra didnt take her inhaler was such a big deal for Marlene for she as a mom was well aware that Sierra possibly was having quite a flare up with her asthma and knew that the likelihood was rather great that her daughter would be needing this inhaler.. Possibly GREATLY NEEDING HER INHALER..

Anyway just some thoughts that came to mind when I was in the process of catching up from last nights posts and reading several about the inhaler.. Thought I'd share..

**now back to catching up :)**

This says to me that Marlene took Sierra's asthma seriously and was concerned about it.

Is there any indication of how seriously Sierra took her own asthma? It's not at all unusual for a parent to be more concerned about a child's asthma than the child is. Parents have the maturity (one hopes) to understand the potential ramifications whereas teens sometimes rely more on their innate sense of immortality than they do on common sense.

And sometimes there's just plain an element of denial going on. Magical thinking that says "if I don't make a big deal out of this, it won't become a big deal."

With all that in mind, did Sierra really always take her inhaler with her? Or was it more that Sierra let her mom think she always took her inhaler to get her mom off her back about it?

Her family will mark the passage of a month with a balloon prayer release Monday at 6:30 p.m. at Burnett Elementary School.

"This month has truly been a nightmare," Sierra's father Steve LaMar said. "But our volunteers have given us faith, hope and the perseverance to continue in our search efforts. This balloon release will give us a chance for all of us to get together in prayer for Sierra."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...s-Missing-Teen-One-Month-Later-147530315.html

Now it gets tricky - it would be interesting to check where her purse was found using tracking dogs - but with the cats there :panic: :panic:

They did check the area where her purse was found.

Scent dogs in general are trained to ignore other animals.

Originally we heard that dad mom and moms bf were not suspects. Then on NG we hear that no one is cleared until SL is found. We've not heard much if anything about her sister. Has anyone found any msm on SL sister?

Bingo. I have thought this the whole time, every time I see her talk about Sierra. Talk in past tense but you are holding out hope? I don't get it. I also think there were things someone forgot to put into Sierra's purse. I have more ideas, but I will hold off until we know more and I might be allowed to.

Something else to remember is that parents are often advised to say they believe their loved one is still alive in order to keep media attention and to help keep searches going.

As oceanblueeyes mentioned, I've followed several cases where the parents were mixing tenses while publicly saying they thought their child was alive. Later, it turns out that the parents were not the perps.

In at least one case I followed, the mother said afterwards that she was on a sort of emotional bungee. One second she was holding onto hope her child was alive, the next second, she was convinced her child was dead. Her use of mixed tenses was an accurate reflection of her inner emotional state.

In the absence of any other indications of guilt, I think using mixed tenses is meaningless.

Originally we heard that dad mom and moms bf were not suspects. Then on NG we hear that no one is cleared until SL is found. We've not heard much if anything about her sister. Has anyone found any msm on SL sister?

As far as I know the sister didn't live/stay there; she was either at college or stayed with her dad. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know if the mom/bf have been cleared by LE, only thing I know is that I read on WS not to accuse them, so, I can't say much of anything until more comes to light. IMHO, with LE HEAVILY checking the house and backyard out, Sierra's scent stopping at the driveway (more than likely), and some discrepancies about who left the house when that morning, it had to be someone that lived close by that was staking out the house or something else happened inside that house. Of course, just my intuition....

a female seems like the most likely suspect. hence my call to LE.

I have thought about that quite a bit too. A girl lures Sierra into the car, Sierra is off guard because it is someone she trusts, and a guy then intervenes.

They did check the area where her purse was found.

Scent dogs in general are trained to ignore other animals.

I know the dogs are highly trained, but never knew they are trained to ignore other animals. This is certainly a learning experience on dog training! Thank you for additional information on the dogs!

Something else to remember is that parents are often advised to say they believe their loved one is still alive in order to keep media attention and to help keep searches going.

As oceanblueeyes mentioned, I've followed several cases where the parents were mixing tenses while publicly saying they thought their child was alive. Later, it turns out that the parents were not the perps.

In at least one case I followed, the mother said afterwards that she was on a sort of emotional bungee. One second she was holding onto hope her child was alive, the next second, she was convinced her child was dead. Her use of mixed tenses was an accurate reflection of her inner emotional state.

In the absence of any other indications of guilt, I think using mixed tenses is meaningless.

I mostly agree with this, it doesn't prove anything or disprove anything. However, I do find it odd changing over to past tense so soon after the disappearance, especially talking about a son or daughter. I am in no way insinuating the mother has anything to do with the act of Sierra disappearing, just seemed like she was "correcting" herself when she changed over to "She was..."

In most cases we've seen here, parents seldom will consider that their child could be dead, even if LE tells them they probably are. Some will go on believing for many years, even past any "reasonable" length of time. So I find it hard to believe that her mother would be considering Sierra to be dead an option at this time. Or it would be most unusual, if she did. JMO

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the dogs were right and Sierra's scent (rightly) stops at the end of the driveway. It would take a lot of, ummm...nerve, I'll say, for an abductor to go up to the house on the cul-de-sac to abduct someone. How did they know someone wouldn't follow her out of the house? Why not wait til she's a little distance away? Going up to the driveway would be taking a very huge risk. They would have to be 100% certain that no one else would be coming out....

Predators are risk takers. If they weren't, they'd stick to fantasies.

For example: Ted Bundy grabbed two victims in broad daylight on a hot summer day at a crowded public beach. He used a fake cast on his arm to lure at least 7 known women to go to his car with him. That's at least 5 women who had several minutes to see him clearly and possibly identify him.

Compared to that, grabbing one teen early in the morning on a cul-de-sac is close to low risk.

Think about it in terms of a high risk window. Until s/he actually grabbed Sierra, there was probably nothing high risk going on at all. If a witness had come on the scene, the perp would have simply aborted the exercise and it would be nothing more than something unusual but not illegal.

The high risk window opens the instant the perp grabbed Sierra and closes as soon as Sierra is in the vehicle and the perp is pulling away. That window could be as little as 2-5 seconds.

Let's be generous and say it took 30 seconds. How often during the day are you unobserved for 30 seconds? For most people, there's lots and lots of those little windows of time where there is no one watching. In fact, most humans need those unobserved times because being under constant observation starts to become extremely uncomfortable very quickly.

Based on all the reading I've done over the years, I am absolutely convinced that predators evaluate risk very differently from the way I do. They are experts at detecting and taking advantage of those little windows of unobserved time that almost everyone's day is sprinkled with.

Regarding the 7:11 am text. I wonder if she was already outside when she sent it or just ready to head out. Very similar to Holly.

This says to me that Marlene took Sierra's asthma seriously and was concerned about it.

Is there any indication of how seriously Sierra took her own asthma? It's not at all unusual for a parent to be more concerned about a child's asthma than the child is. Parents have the maturity (one hopes) to understand the potential ramifications whereas teens sometimes rely more on their innate sense of immortality than they do on common sense.

And sometimes there's just plain an element of denial going on. Magical thinking that says "if I don't make a big deal out of this, it won't become a big deal."

With all that in mind, did Sierra really always take her inhaler with her? Or was it more that Sierra let her mom think she always took her inhaler to get her mom off her back about it?
Sierra's friend mentioned that she enjoyed trying to imitate Sierra's weird *advertiser censored* cough. This implies that Sierra's wheezing cough was a known characteristic of Sierra and must have been frequent. Some inhalers contain an anti-inflammatory medication and the dose is once/day, but a dose from a rescue inhaler (short acting) only lasts 3-4 hours and may need to be used repeatedly. A wheezing cough is definitely not hot or sexy. IMO, Sierra, who was concerned about her appearance, likely carried her inhaler everywhere to decrease the severity of her not-so-sexy wheezing cough.

I think it is hinky that her inhaler was left at home. Having purchased numerous inhalers, I know they are NOT cheap. I seriously doubt she had multiple inhalers. When you finish one inhaler, you purchase another on the date that your insurance allows the next purchase. Notice that Marlene was worried that Sierra didn't pack her inhaler in her tote bag.

I know the dogs are highly trained, but never knew they are trained to ignore other animals. This is certainly a learning experience on dog training! Thank you for additional information on the dogs!

SAR dogs have to ignore deer, possum, raccoons, SKUNKS, mice and everything else that inhabits the great outdoors. Drug detection dogs have to ignore mice, cockroaches, rats, etc (drug houses are often not the most sanitary of environments).

And here's the real give away: it's not that difficult to teach a scent dog to ignore other animals. Part of the skill of a scent dog handler is in choosing the right candidates for training. A dog that is too interested in other animals is not the best candidate in the same way that a six foot kid is not the best candidate to be a jockey.

The right dog is one that shows from the very beginning that they can focus intently on one thing while ignoring other stuff going on around them.

Teaching such a dog to ignore other animals is just plain easy.

Even foxhounds, which are generally hunted in packs of 40+ individuals and rarely receive one-on-one training time, learn relatively easily to ignore anything but fox or coyote scent. Foxhounds that run on deer or other prey animals don't last long in a hunt kennel.

Predators are risk takers. If they weren't, they'd stick to fantasies.

For example: Ted Bundy grabbed two victims in broad daylight on a hot summer day at a crowded public beach. He used a fake cast on his arm to lure at least 7 known women to go to his car with him. That's at least 5 women who had several minutes to see him clearly and possibly identify him.

Compared to that, grabbing one teen early in the morning on a cul-de-sac is close to low risk.

Think about it in terms of a high risk window. Until s/he actually grabbed Sierra, there was probably nothing high risk going on at all. If a witness had come on the scene, the perp would have simply aborted the exercise and it would be nothing more than something unusual but not illegal.

The high risk window opens the instant the perp grabbed Sierra and closes as soon as Sierra is in the vehicle and the perp is pulling away. That window could be as little as 2-5 seconds.

Let's be generous and say it took 30 seconds. How often during the day are you unobserved for 30 seconds? For most people, there's lots and lots of those little windows of time where there is no one watching. In fact, most humans need those unobserved times because being under constant observation starts to become extremely uncomfortable very quickly.

Based on all the reading I've done over the years, I am absolutely convinced that predators evaluate risk very differently from the way I do. They are experts at detecting and taking advantage of those little windows of unobserved time that almost everyone's day is sprinkled with.

Taking into consideration there's only one way out of and into a cul-de-sac and that the victim was waiting on a bus full of people, this was more high-risk than usual; even driving down her road could have looked suspicious. The Bundy comparison seems extreme, but I get your point, and I take all that into consideration when making the few statements I make. If there was a perp, the conditions couldn't have been better for him, he must be "lucky."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr