CA CA - Stacey Smart, 51, Lewiston, Trinity Co, 12 Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most of us are not oblivious to the obvious. This guy knows what happened. He told her daughter that he had broken up with SS prior to her "disappearance." Sorry, too many inconsistencies, story changes, sleights of tongue . . . but, hey ... he's footloose and fancy free now! Believe it or not, there are some who would be lined up and eager to connect. (? SMH!)

3. Is there any evidence that the BF even knew her family? I think it would not necessarily be impossible for him not to know her family. Especially considering that they only knew each other for six months. I have seen some speculation here, that they didn't know each other very well, having only been together for six months. But he was supposed to know her family well enough to contact them when she disappeared? That doesn't make any sense.
BIB: We know Stacey's family have visited his house because they noticed the difference in the carpet so they had to have visited several times. I find it hard to believe he didn't know them well enough to contact them when she disappeared. MOO

But he also referred to her as his girlfriend (not ex) more than 3 weeks after she was last seen. So...I'm still confused as to whether we are to believe they were or were not still together. If I thought my live in (ex or not) had left me, I'm pretty sure I'd get some answers, especially if they left any belongings behind. I probably would, at the very least, contact family/friends, assist in the searches and follow through with agreeing to take a LTD (rather than changing my mind). I probably wouldn't disconnect the phone and change out the carpet. (I don't mean to be sexist, but carpet (and interior) changes are typically initiated by women.) There are just too many things that don't add up. Honestly, who leaves someone without letting them know?? Was there no mail to be forwarded? JMO BBM

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/12/07/stacey-smart-missing-from-california/
Good Post.

I agree. There's too many things that don't add up. According to him "he really did love the girl" .... when exactly did he stop loving her and why? :( Yes, I'm leaning towards there is someone else involved here... :thinking: another female perhaps. MOO

Yes, I also agree there is more than one person who knows what happened. Pure speculation, of course, but one missing a ring that could easily be replaced by something equal or better value. Meanwhile, a family is left without their mother and sister leaving a permanent void in their hearts and lives. JMO

BIB: We know Stacey's family have visited his house because they noticed the difference in the carpet so they had to have visited several times. I find it hard to believe he didn't know them well enough to contact them when she disappeared. MOO

Good Post.

I agree. There's too many things that don't add up. According to him "he really did love the girl" .... when exactly did he stop loving her and why? :( Yes, I'm leaning towards there is someone else involved here... :thinking: another female perhaps. MOO

Did LE ever ask the BF what he was using the plywood for? Is there some connection there? :thinking:

From the Search Party page for SS, this comment from 12/15:

The TCSO finally figured out how to track/ping Stacey Smarts cell phone it has been inactive.

Did it honestly take nearly 2 months to find this out?

I would really like to know the answer to a question we have asked several times:

Where is SS's stuff? Specifically the trailer she moved down there in. Her clothes. Any makeup. Any personal belongings.

If she and the bf split up, then she would have likely taken those items.

From the Search Party page for SS, this comment from 12/15:

The TCSO finally figured out how to track/ping Stacey Smarts cell phone it has been inactive.

Did it honestly take nearly 2 months to find this out?

It's possible they just got the warrants or the cooperation from the phone company to do it. It took that long in the Kohlhepp case to track KB and CBC's phones. I hope they find out something from Stacey's phone pings.

Thanks, I do recall the delay in tracking KB's and CBC's phones, which is still unfathomable to me. Talking to a detective a few weeks ago, he said the phone can be dumped pretty quick, but maybe states operate differently with respect to obtaining necessary warrants. I do think the SS's family is frustrated with LE's response (rightfully so, IMO).

It's possible they just got the warrants or the cooperation from the phone company to do it. It took that long in the Kohlhepp case to track KB and CBC's phones. I hope they find out something from Stacey's phone pings.

Thanks, I do recall the delay in tracking KB's and CBC's phones, which is still unfathomable to me. Talking to a detective a few weeks ago, he said the phone can be dumped pretty quick, but maybe states operate differently with respect to obtaining necessary warrants. I do think the SS's family is frustrated with LE's response (rightfully so, IMO).

I agree two months is a ridiculously long time to take. I'm not sure why it takes that long sometimes.

I would really like to know the answer to a question we have asked several times:

Where is SS's stuff? Specifically the trailer she moved down there in. Her clothes. Any makeup. Any personal belongings.

If she and the bf split up, then she would have likely taken those items.

If anyone from the family, friends, LE etc read here, it would be great to know the answer to this. It has been asked before and I respect the investigation if it cannot be made public, but what I am wondering is should there be other things to be looking for? Is there something as large as a trailer missing?

Her family must have had a sad Christmas with Stacey still missing :( :( :(

http://www.redding.com/story/news/l...-release-vigil-planned-stacey-smart/95872462/

Family and friends of a Lewiston woman who's been missing since mid-October will release balloons and hold a candlelight vigil Thursday.

Nicole Santos-Hamann said family and friends will gather for her mother, 52-year-old Stacey Smart, on her birthday.

“We’re still actively searching for her," Santos-Hamann said. "The investigation is ongoing. I’m talking to the detectives almost every day.”

Bumping for Stacey. Here's hoping for answers in 2017...soon! :heartbeat:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...d/news-story/edddfa2cf023c2e96e2c2e8bfb8eea7d

AS POLICE struggle to make sense of the unsolved Sherri Papini abduction case, at least three other women have vanished in mysterious circumstances from the same region.

Amy Snow, 25, Jessica Roggenkamp, 44 and Stacey Smart, 52, have all disappeared in the past two months from small northern Californian communities less than a three-hour drive from Redding, where Mrs Papini was kidnapped.

On the help find Stacey Smart FB page someone posted they think she was sitting next to them at a resturaunt today. I don't know what to think but If miracles do exist I hope she is still out there alive. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it must be for her daughter and family. There is nothing that leads to her disappearing voluntarily. As for the recent sighting, did the witness take a picture, get a license number, talk to her?? Seems too vague. If I suspected I was sitting next to someone that was reported missing, I'd probably borderline on the verge of stalking just to be sure.

Another area of concern for the family surrounds Stacey's boyfriend. Family members say Stacey had met him earlier in 2016 and moved in with him at his property outside town shortly thereafter.
Shortly before Stacey vanished, the invitations for family to visit them at that house near the lake decreased.
"As I was starting to ask more questions, people started coming up with that they had seen them fighting in public," Nicole told Dateline. "There have been red flags in that direction definitely."

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...t-s-birthday-passes-family-holds-hope-n702436

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...t-s-birthday-passes-family-holds-hope-n702436

"My grandmother called and said her phone was disconnected," Nicole said. "I called and it was disconnected. So I drove up there. No one answered the door. I left a note asking that my mother call me, that it was urgent. I never got a call."

Family members reported her missing shortly thereafter, on November 2.

Thank you! I don't know how to link things. I'm also unsure and it's probably not but I wish. 

Here's a tutorial on linking...something many of us had to learn. :)

For news articles' etc, click or tap on the strip across the top of the screen and it will highlight the "address" of the article. Click or tap again and choose "copy". In your WS post, click or tap your cursor and choose paste. Voila! The link should show blue when you post, which means we can click or tap and the article will open. Sometimes it will show up black for some reason which means it won't open. It may take a few tries for it to be blue. If it stays black, we can still open it by copying and pasting it into the strip at the top.

For Facebook, click or tap the date and/or time (very small letters) of the post you want to copy. That will isolate the post so its address will show in the strip as described above. Follow those instructions.

Hope this helps. :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back