CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if canvassing the stores Susan frequented and talking to some of the employees might help. They might not have seen something that morning but perhaps they saw something that might prove helpful. Maybe they saw someone that always seemed to be in the store when Susan was there, or any incident or anything out of the ordinary. They have lots of customers but even in busy markets, cashiers often get to know people by sight. You never know what a small piece of information, that seems insignificant, may yield.

I wonder if canvassing the stores Susan frequented and talking to some of the employees might help. They might not have seen something that morning but perhaps they saw something that might prove helpful. Maybe they saw someone that always seemed to be in the store when Susan was there, or any incident or anything out of the ordinary. They have lots of customers but even in busy markets, cashiers often get to know people by sight. You never know what a small piece of information, that seems insignificant, may yield.

I really like this idea too. Even knowing her general shopping habits could be useful, and it's possible the people who know the info don't even realize it's useful.

I was in the area yesterday at this intersection and in one of the surrounding neighborhoods. It feels so safe. I would feel comfortable going shopping here in the earlier morning or late evening. It feels safe and quiet, and an area we've considered moving to because of the quiet community. I just don't see something bad occurring in the parking lot. I find it interesting that it was reported that SJ parked farther back in the lot. This would mean farther back from raley's, but also mean closer to Starbucks. I feel bad speculating because i don't want to suggest anything specific so as to not upset Kjac with crazy theories. I think the car being parked there can be something. What if she parked there, walked towards starbucks, dropped the wallet purposefully, crossed the street and got on the bus? Also do we know which spot the car was specifically found in?

I am wondering what line if work Susan was in prior to retirement. Is she religious or was she raised in a particular religion? I keep getting an LDS vibe but maybe that is just because Kjac said she.doesn't drink coffee

I am wondering what line if work Susan was in prior to retirement. Is she religious or was she raised in a particular religion? I keep getting an LDS vibe but maybe that is just because Kjac said she.doesn't drink coffee

Or it can be that she doesn't like the taste of coffee, or it gives her the jitters.
I love coffee, and I am one of the very few that doesn't like tea, so it could be a personal preference of hers, too, or she just wouldn't spend the bucks on Starbucks, and if she did drink coffee or tea maybe it was done at home, on occasion....IMO

Or it can be that she doesn't like the taste of coffee, or it gives her the jitters.
I love coffee, and I am one of the very few that doesn't like tea, so it could be a personal preference of hers, too, or she just wouldn't spend the bucks on Starbucks, and if she did drink coffee or tea maybe it was done at home, on occasion....IMO

Yes, I think you are probably right. I suppose I should stop thinking of coffee as a integral part of an early morning routine.

Again, I wonder when Susan last Spoke with her husband. Did they have the conversation about the shopping trip the Night Before, or was it right before he left to go work out at 6am, so they were both already awake at 6am?

Why are we still seeking answers to these questions?
Who last spoke to her besides HUBBY?

Dang it sounds like she was in witness protection or something no one knows anything about her!

Hi Kjac22,

Your family is still in thoughts.

Have you been walking your mother's dog (at approximately the same time your mom did) and been talking to neighbors you see? In my neighborhood most of the dog walkers know at least something about each other.

In addition to reviewing telephone bills for the last couple of years, have you been looking at credit card bills and ATM statements for anything out of the ordinary?

Have you reviewed the browser(s) history (or even better turn any computers over to the police for forensic review)? I know you said your mom only used email, but sometimes people click links or use applications that you don't suspect.

I assume (or maybe even read) that you have pulled credit reports recently (to look for unexpected accounts, activity, etc.).

There was some discussion about a possible reward (for information leading to her safe return) a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen anything about this in the press (the amount may not need to be large, but it might be a way to get some news time).

Hi Kjac22,

Have you been walking your mother's dog (at approximately the same time your mom did) and been talking to neighbors you see? In my neighborhood most of the dog walkers know at least something about each other.

In addition to reviewing telephone bills for the last couple of years, have you been looking at credit card bills and ATM statements for anything out of the ordinary?

Have you reviewed the browser(s) history (or even better turn any computers over to the police for forensic review)? I know you said your mom only used email, but sometimes people click links or use applications that you don't suspect.

I assume (or maybe even read) that you have pulled credit reports recently (to look for unexpected accounts, activity, etc.).

There was some discussion about a possible reward (for information leading to her safe return) a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen anything about this in the press (the amount may not need to be large, but it might be a way to get some news time).

Those are great questions and suggestions. Something else came to mind when reading your post. What browser are your parents using on their computer? I am just thinking of incognito mode on google chrome, as a good way for someone to hide their online activity, and consequently for a superficial examination of search history to reveal nothing. If you have access to the computer I would consider taking it to a computer forensics or data recovery expert and let them have a go at the hard drive. There is at least one that I know of in Sacramento who does this type of thing with skill. It is worth a shot and I don't think it would be very expensive.

Why are we still seeking answers to these questions?
Who last spoke to her besides HUBBY?

I think we can assume that Kjac does not know the answer to this question. Since the circle of people she interacted with was limited, it would have to be her sister or kjac. I also wonder when the last verified sighting of her occurred.

I think we can assume that Kjac does not know the answer to this question. Since the circle of people she interacted with was limited, it would have to be her sister or kjac. I also wonder when the last verified sighting of her occurred.

But why not? this is his mom. He must speak to his father and and his aunt
wouldn't you think?

Right, and Susan could also have talked to Kjac's pregnant wife as well...IMO

This woman vanished into thin air! No one knows her!
No one knows what she does!
Im surprised she went shopping!

I do know there are some women that wont leave the home I cant remember the name of the phobia but I do not think this is the case.
Something just isn't right here.
JMO

This woman vanished into thin air! No one knows her!
No one knows what she does!
Im surprised she went shopping!

I do know there are some women that wont leave the home I cant remember the name of the phobia but I do not think this is the case.
Something just isn't right here.
JMO

Agoraphobia? Something like that. I am kind of homebound due to chronic pain, but manage to get to the library and grocery store a few times a week and sometimes out to walk, but as I said earlier, I cannot imagine knowing how to disappear, even with all of my WS experience.

No one is looking for a missing woman?
Is it possible they know she walked away.

No one is looking for a missing woman?
Is it possible they know she walked away.

But if anybody knew she walked away,why would they keep that a secret?
If something nefarious happened to her, it would make more sense that whoever knows about that, would not be speaking up.

It would be helpful to have Susan's sister join this WS thread...

I imagine she would be able to provide great insight into Susan...

Susan seems like such a gentle soul...

she deserves to be found!

:please:

JMO

Hi Kjac22,

Hi Wildcat,

We have spoken to some of the people my mom and dad are used to seeing on the trails and areas around there house. But this is a good idea to expand in this area.

Initially after she went missing I did look through with my dad at credit cards and ATMs going back a ways, and he didn't see anything that popped out. Probably worth revisiting at this point and going back further in time.

I did look at their computer, and the police did make a copy of the hard drive for inspection. To my knowledge they did not find anything unusual. From working with my mom on the computer to help her learn it, etc., I know that she was not very savvy on the computer, and used it only for email and if I or someone else sent her a link or picture(s). I am certain she would not know how to hide her searches or even know that searches were tracked in general (to answer another comment).

I pulled a credit report shortly after she went missing and pulled another one about a week or so ago. Nothing unusual, and no changes from the first to the second one.

The reward is still in our minds. Right now we have put that money towards pursing other areas/advice, but if it continues to be unsuccessful, we are still considering the reward. We've had a couple individuals tell us that they don't think a reward will help a whole lot, but it is still something being considered.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member