CA CA - Susan Jacobson, 59, Sun City/Roseville, 2 May 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is VERY unlikely that she left voluntarily. The only way I see this happening is some sort of mental incident (which she has shown no signs of in the past).

She is very shy and has a certain degree of social anxieties. Her home and her family is her "safe zone". I cannot stress enough that for her to suddenly disappear and run off would be so far out of her character. Further, she would have no place to go, that we are aware of. We have talked to all family members and friends (which is a relatively small circle - we are a small family). There has been no evidence of emails or phone calls to strange people/numbers. She was very excited for her new grandbaby. There were no significant problems at home - they have a stable, good relationship - 35 years worth of memories. There is just no way in my mind that she left voluntarily, unless, again, there was some mental component.

I realize I'm just posts on a message board to everyone - I understand that. But for what it's worth, I would be honest with myself if I thought there was something amiss in the household. I like to think that I am not an idealist who pretends to live in some perfect world. But the type of behavior that would lead someone to kill their spouse, and to cover it up to the degree necessary (which requires significant planning and thought) as would be in this case where NOTHING has been found by police or other family, does not just pop up out of no where. There are patterns, both before, and after. These patterns are not there. I know as this drags on and there are more questions than answers, the thoughts will continue to go back to the person who could have done it the easiest. But just keep this in mind. Ignoring disposition, for my father to have pulled this off, with the police finding nothing after searching the house for 6 hours, copying their computer hard drive, searching cars, talking to all his family members, friends, co-workers, checking out his locations and whereabouts before, after, and during, would just be amazing (especially when you understand my dad is not very tech savvy or some sort of expert in forensics, etc...he's worked in retail all his life, and has always been a pretty simple, happy guy - loves his dog, likes to occasionally play golf or other recreational sport, likes cribbage, the Giants (baseball), etc.). I don't mean to rant, but I wish there was a better way I could help everyone understand who my dad is, so they can see what his friends and family see. I get that the questions will be (and have been) asked - and that is what this site is for - so I'm not criticizing anyone or asking anyone not to ask the questions, but I just want people to realize the other side of the coin as well.

I totally can't imagine her leaving and even if she had a mental episode she should have been found long ago.

Kjac, I appreciate your responses. I understand this is not easy for you and your family.

My mind wandered to a fake cop... Or... Sorry... But a "rogue" cop intent to do harm...

(No disrespect to LE here... There are rogues in all areas of life...
and come to think of it... If it was a bonafide cop... The scene would have probably been more organized...)

this could help explain the wallet separate from the purse?

JMO

My best friend in MS grew up across the street from that sicko who abducted women pretending to be a cop. I forget his name or what he was called, but she tells me all the time that they never suspected he would be the type to be a predator and especially have the ability to pose as a police officer to get women to pull over and out of the car for him to subdue them.

I hope he got castrated in prison, btw.

I do not understand why the FBI would need to look at the video and cause such a delay; are we talking about videos from the shops or something else? I thought LE said they had heaps of video but none of it was helpful.

Right?!?!?! Agreed 100%!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/23/california-man-posing-as-cop-charged-with-sexual-assault/

This guy recently got popped in CA on May 23 for impersonating an officer to rob and sexually assault. He and an accomplice would take the victims cash and credit cards. He got caught when he was trying to use one of the stolen cards. His accomplice Eric Thorpe is still at large. Perfect example of the dirtbags that utilize this tactic!

His Sanpaku eyes can say a lot about his personality.

I think it is VERY unlikely that she left voluntarily. The only way I see this happening is some sort of mental incident (which she has shown no signs of in the past).

She is very shy and has a certain degree of social anxieties. Her home and her family is her "safe zone". I cannot stress enough that for her to suddenly disappear and run off would be so far out of her character. Further, she would have no place to go, that we are aware of. We have talked to all family members and friends (which is a relatively small circle - we are a small family). There has been no evidence of emails or phone calls to strange people/numbers. She was very excited for her new grandbaby. There were no significant problems at home - they have a stable, good relationship - 35 years worth of memories. There is just no way in my mind that she left voluntarily, unless, again, there was some mental component.

I realize I'm just posts on a message board to everyone - I understand that. But for what it's worth, I would be honest with myself if I thought there was something amiss in the household. I like to think that I am not an idealist who pretends to live in some perfect world. But the type of behavior that would lead someone to kill their spouse, and to cover it up to the degree necessary (which requires significant planning and thought) as would be in this case where NOTHING has been found by police or other family, does not just pop up out of no where. There are patterns, both before, and after. These patterns are not there. I know as this drags on and there are more questions than answers, the thoughts will continue to go back to the person who could have done it the easiest. But just keep this in mind. Ignoring disposition, for my father to have pulled this off, with the police finding nothing after searching the house for 6 hours, copying their computer hard drive, searching cars, talking to all his family members, friends, co-workers, checking out his locations and whereabouts before, after, and during, would just be amazing (especially when you understand my dad is not very tech savvy or some sort of expert in forensics, etc...he's worked in retail all his life, and has always been a pretty simple, happy guy - loves his dog, likes to occasionally play golf or other recreational sport, likes cribbage, the Giants (baseball), etc.). I don't mean to rant, but I wish there was a better way I could help everyone understand who my dad is, so they can see what his friends and family see. I get that the questions will be (and have been) asked - and that is what this site is for - so I'm not criticizing anyone or asking anyone not to ask the questions, but I just want people to realize the other side of the coin as well.

Thank you Kjac. Your willingness to discuss this with us and provide insight is very much appreciated. And the other side of the coin is duly noted.

I hope nothing that's been said here has felt too intrusive or offended you. I think we all care. I've never experienced anything like what you're going through, but I have learned from some of the experiences that I've had, that asking questions -- no matter how odd or even inappropriate those questions may seem -- can eventually lead to unexpected epiphanies (Aha! moments) that result in resolution of the situation. Often those epiphanies have nothing to do with the question that was asked, the question just served as a means to inspire creative thinking, "out-of-the-box" as it's often referred to.

I hope with all my heart that a resolution comes soon, and that it's a positive one. In the meantime, I keep you, your family, Susan's friends and other loved ones, and Susan in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.

His Sanpaku eyes can say a lot about his personality.

Oh man he's a cocky bully. I can see sweet Susan trying to comply with a grade A bonafide *advertiser censored* like this guy, thinking he was a cop. I wonder if there could be any connection?

<snipped>

Thanks Kjac. Do you think there's any way your dad would be willing to do an interview with the media? I think if people could see what you so vividly describe it would generate a lot of attention to the case--it would make people think something along the lines of "Wow, this could happen to me" and that identification would make them more likely to get involved/put pressure on LE/etc.

Congratulations again on the new baby! I hope you are all doing well.

I too thank Kjac for telling us his views and ideas. I know seeing things on here is so discouraging and upsetting sometimes. I think when one person speaks for all and we hear so little else, we look at everything possible. I certainly hope reading here is not making your life harder. Just know that everyone here wishes the best for you and your family.

Thanks Kjac. Do you think there's any way your dad would be willing to do an interview with the media? I think if people could see what you so vividly describe it would generate a lot of attention to the case--it would make people think something along the lines of "Wow, this could happen to me" and that identification would make them more likely to get involved/put pressure on LE/etc.

He did one interview and did not come off all that well, IMO, at least the way it was edited. May have turned him off to the media.

But really, there needs to be a demonstration or something, marching on town hall or whatever. A woman has disappeared from the supermarket for heaven's sake, in the morning hours of a busy shopping area.

He did one interview and did not come off all that well, IMO, at least the way it was edited. May have turned him off to the media.

But really, there needs to be a demonstration or something, marching on town hall or whatever. A woman has disappeared from the supermarket for heaven's sake, in the morning hours of a busy shopping area.

I've seen two interviews. The first one I saw doesn't appear to be archived anywhere. I've looked for the link with the intention of posting it here, and it's nowhere to be found.

Unfortunately, I think an individual being interviewed is at the mercy of what the media decides it wants to portray in its piece. That decision may be based on ratings and whether or not the viewing public would be more likely to watch a somewhat mundane piece that's an accurate reflection of the average person's every day life and how the situation has impacted it, or a sensationalized piece in which a reporter confronts a person with direct questions regarding the person's possible complicity in the crime in question.
(Think about it -- Does the reporter really think the person is going to confess on camera?)

But you're right, CLuc, there should be more widespread concern -- and reaction -- about a woman apparently vanishing without a trace in a heavily trafficked shopping center.

He definitely would be - we are all willing to do whatever the media wants in an effort to get it in the news. Unfortunately, as we have found out, it's not easy to get interviews with the media that they will run - in most cases it has to be something they want to do or have an angle they think will get viewers. My dad did a number of interviews early on (both in print and TV - not all were shown or got much attention as they would only use tiny pieces) - and then I think the media felt that his angle was done already (and he wasn't that "exciting"), so then they started moving towards me some to get that angle. There are some media outlets still out there who are focused on the good of the community, but let's be honest, most are going to be focused on what pays their bills. I don't mean to sound cynical...they have to stay in business, and everything is so dramatized with all the "reality" TV out there.

The interview that has been discussed on here - the one done in the shopping center's parking lot - I was standing behind the cameraman for the entire interview. It was about a 15-20 minute interview in person. They sliced and diced that thing to a few short quotes so that they could get the angle they were determined to get - again, to spur viewers. We were not very happy with it - they obviously had an agenda. At the end of the day, it got Susan's name out there one more time, but it makes you hesitant sometimes because the media can do whatever it wants with you.

He definitely would be - we are all willing to do whatever the media wants in an effort to get it in the news. Unfortunately, as we have found out, it's not easy to get interviews with the media that they will run - in most cases it has to be something they want to do or have an angle they think will get viewers. My dad did a number of interviews early on (both in print and TV - not all were shown or got much attention as they would only use tiny pieces) - and then I think the media felt that his angle was done already (and he wasn't that "exciting"), so then they started moving towards me some to get that angle. There are some media outlets still out there who are focused on the good of the community, but let's be honest, most are going to be focused on what pays their bills. I don't mean to sound cynical...they have to stay in business, and everything is so dramatized with all the "reality" TV out there.

The interview that has been discussed on here - the one done in the shopping center's parking lot - I was standing behind the cameraman for the entire interview. It was about a 15-20 minute interview in person. They sliced and diced that thing to a few short quotes so that they could get the angle they were determined to get - again, to spur viewers. We were not very happy with it - they obviously had an agenda. At the end of the day, it got Susan's name out there one more time, but it makes you hesitant sometimes because the media can do whatever it wants with you.

That interview got your mom's name out there but it was a Terrible Edit!
It is a shame that they have to splice the interview to get "ratings". In fact several of us (including myself) even commented on how horrible the edit was.

Not to "use" your new baby, but maybe the fact that she missed her birth would be something to interest the media? Grandparents in the community would surely understand that she would not have missed that voluntarily.

kjac, you are more than just a post on a board, imo. youre a son who needs his mom home. it makes her case personal to me, anyway.

praying for you andyours!!

Kjac, perhaps you can contact NamUs, and submit your mom to their Missing Person's
data base? She is not listed for missing in the state of California.
NamUs is a fantastic data base, for not only missing but unidentified people as well, and cross referencing from both is key in many cases on Websleuths.
I post on both the unidentified and missing threads on websleuths and I know how valuable this resource is.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/search

So here is my suggestion. As a resident of Sun City, a Dell Webb community, Susan's disappearance should be very news worthy. Dell Webb has communities all over the United States, it should be very concerned about the safety of residents. I also discovered that Sun City publishes its own magazine on a regular basis, which includes human interest stories as well. Sun City also has a neighborhood watch group which should also be getting involved in search efforts, distribution of flyers, and making sure every single resident of Sun City has seen Susan's photo and is aware.of the circumstances of her disappearance. Why they haven't made such efforts thus far is beyond me. Use the leverage of the Dell Webb name to interest the media and the public. After all, Susan may have encountered someone in Sun City rather than in the parking lot of Raley's. If I was a child of a parent who was thinking of moving to the Sun City community, I would urge my parent to reconsider if I knew that they did nothing to try and help locate missing woman from their community.

It could be as simple as calling The San Francisco Chronicle or the Sacramento Bee's Human Interest desks and expressing the family's disappointment that this case seems to be stuck in neutral...Plus that Family members wouldn't mind appearing on Dateline, Anderson Cooper 360 et al..they want to " reach out nationally" to find their Mom, Wife, and missing Grandmother. IMO

Not to "use" your new baby, but maybe the fact that she missed her birth would be something to interest the media? Grandparents in the community would surely understand that she would not have missed that voluntarily.

I was thinking the same thing--with the same reservations about "using" the new baby.

I really don't understand why this case isn't garnering more media attention. It seems eminently newsworthy to me...I guess because I identify with Susan much more than I do with many of the other missing people I read about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487