GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This morning's local news said TS has a girlfriend in Mexico, who is likely helping him hide. Argh! What is wrong with some women?!?!

Well, 12-year olds don't have very good judgement.

I'd wager he didn't call LE because he'd just sold TS the meth that made him high and crazy enough to want to be doing this. Possibly DM was even a bit high, himself. Not exactly in prime form to report a serious kidnapping. In his state of possibly altered and decidedly horrendous judgment, all he cared about was ducking out/avoidance. :furious:

He's experienced. I think when he came down off whatever he was on, and realized (more clearly) what he'd been doing the last 11 hours, he panicked, dropped the girl off at the hospital, and knew right away he'd have to disappear (b/c of not killing her--she'd had plenty of time to be able to id him well to LE). I think he grabbed his cash, bought his prepaid cellphone, and ran.

BBM

Poitry, it seems you've stated as fact in these posts that Tobias Summers was meth at the time of the crimes against this little girl, and that the meth "made him" high and crazy enough to commit the crimes against her.

That sounds like you're saying Summers wouldn't have done this, were it not for drugs that "made him crazy", especially because in the second post you say he came down off the drugs and only then "realized" what he'd done to the child for 11 hours.

Could you please provide the link that confirms Summers was on drugs? And would not have committed this crime or realized what he'd done had he not taken those drugs?

Or is this just your opinion?

I haven't seen anything stating or confirming that Summers was on any drugs at the time his crimes against the little gir.

If you could clarify, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

the BBM words indicate these posts are opinion and speculation. No links are needed.

the BBM words indicate these posts are opinion and speculation. No links are needed.

Thank you, tlcya. I understand and respect that's your perception, but my perception is different, and I'd like to hear from the person who posted.

Thank you, tlcya. I understand and respect that's your perception, but my perception is different, and I'd like to hear from the person who posted.

Tlcya read it right (thanks, tlcya!); my post was in response to someone's (mamacita's?) wondering a few posts earlier why DM didn't report the kidnapping, why LE/media weren't reporting why he didn't report it, etc. No ones knows, obviously--or if they do, they aren't saying.

So my response (as bolded by tlcya) was only 'wagering' or conjecturing a possibility--but a possibility I feel has merit, based on his history, the history of the gang 'friends' he associated with, and the atrocity of this crime.

Re this:

That sounds like you're saying Summers wouldn't have done this, were it not for drugs that "made him crazy", especially because in the second post you say he came down off the drugs and only then "realized" what he'd done to the child for 11 hours.

Not saying he wasn't bad to begin with, and no telling what he was capable of off drugs (apart from his prior record, maybe)...but meth or similar drugs can definitely make even a criminal more criminal and lethal. If he'd been clean for awhile (as his CRI-help graduation seems to suggest), the effects of his former dosage level would be even more intense than usual. As I said, when an addict comes down off something as bad as meth, his thinking becomes clearer. (At least you'd hope!) For sure he knew he'd done something awful...and as he obviously wasn't up to killing his victim, for sure he knew he'd need to disappear fast as she'd had plenty of time to take in information, and he'd left plenty of DNA.

Back to my yardwork! ;D

This morning's local news said TS has a girlfriend in Mexico, who is likely helping him hide. Argh! What is wrong with some women?!?!

meth addicted abuse victims in denial tend to do whatever their meth connection wants them to. :furious:

interesting perspective. although for a 10 year old, healing and closure may be different than for a 14/15 yo. confronting the abuser could be harder, but I bet our little girl has the strength to do it!

I agree, absentia. Mr. Smart seemed to have some good comments for her parents as far as how to best encourage her healing, too.

Last night I was praying about this, and I did wonder for the first time if what I was praying for (his arrest) was actually in this victim's best interest. Hope this doesn't get taken wrong (hear me out)...but now that he's in Mexico, I can see divine intervention possibly dealing with this criminal in a different, more 'effective' (and possibly victim-friendly) way than dragging this precious 10 year old (and all families involved) into high-profile court proceedings. Still pondering this. Justice can come in more than one form...

I remember my first thoughts were I wanted the perps dead. I think that's probably a common first reaction. Going outside and driving around and jerking my head around at anyone and everyone that came close to looking like the perps. Wondering if it was the perps. Scared to sleep at night. I can imagine her mommy and daddy will keep her close to them and it will be hard for her to return to her own bed. Hard for them to even live in the same house.

Maybe they can move her to a different bedroom in the house. Wouldn't it be neat to give her a whole room makeover like the really cool ones they do on tv. Her own special dog to sleep with would be nice also. Even after he is apprehended the family will still be forever changed and be more fearful and cautious than most others that have not experienced something like this.

I don't know about the court proceedings. Everyone is different. I know some that have been empowered by it and others that have been revictimized by the process. It's up to the little girl and her family on what they feel. She may not have to look at him and testify at all, if she is not comfortable doing so.

isn't peckerwood an aryan brotherhood term? Pretty sure it is.

I found this:

I didn't see any tattoos he had with the symbol, but it seems to be a prison gang term.

w1028_h.jpg

Mods: if this is against TOS, please delete.

That's one of the things that popped up when I googled it. Neo-nazis who use drugs. Apparently neo-nazis are normally anti-drugs.

Can also mean a poor white person (derogatory).

Could also have been a nickname given to him by a girl...

:D Peckerwood is another nickname for Needle D!¢<... :D

Did you guys get to the bottom of it yet? Is it definitely from being a gang member?

Peckerwoods are a white prison gang. unlike Aryans, they make most of their money by selling drugs.

http://whiteprisongangs.blogspot.com/2009/05/peckerwood.html
"The San Fernando Valley Peckerwoods (SVP) in California was a criminally motivated skinhead group. SVP members primarily sold meth-amphetamines and committed residential burglaries. Periodically, SVP members attacked minorities with weapons and, on one occasion, placed packages resembling bombs near an apartment complex where black people lived. Members intended for the fake bombs to frighten current residents to relocate and to discourage other black families from moving into the complex."

http://vkb.isvg.org/Wiki/Groups/Peckerwood
PW members have been charged with a slew of crimes, including attempted murder, robbery, burglary, weapons offenses, and possession and sale of narcotics. The San Fernando Valley Peckerwoods (SVP) are known to engage in more violent behavior towards minority groups and even used bomb hoaxes to intimidate black families from moving into certain neighborhoods.[3]

there ya go - meth, bombs, burglaries, oh my.

he's gonna have hommies helping him in Mexico. regardless of his crimes. although they appear beyond the scope of regular SVP activities, this is a violent group who have each other's backs.

This is one scary dude! If he's a member of a gang like this, aren't they brothers bonded for life? Is it no matter what? Like, would they still help him even though this crime is so heinous?

Wondering if this dude could wax, don a wig, women's clothing... Could he pass for female?

Of all the places to run, he chose Mexico? It's hot! How would he hide his tattoos?

Can they publicize the reward amount down there?

That's a good idea. Considering the exchange rate, if a Mexican national claimed the reward, it could help their living expenses for a long time.

What is the reward? Do you know?

I was really surprised you can just nonchalantly walk through the gate into Mexico without showing ID or anything. You certainly can't just walk back out that way can you?

Who is this guys connections down there because he certainly stands out like a tattooed pen* s.

Yeah, he was a member of the Peckerwood skin head gang...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-northridge-kidnapping-20130406,0,593371.story

Search for kidnapping suspect extends south of the border
Tobias Dustin Summers, 32, suspected of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a 10-year-old Northridge girl, is spotted crossing into Tecate, Mexico, authorities say.
By Kate Mather, Richard Marosi and Richard Winton, Los Angeles Times
April 5, 2013, 8:17 p.m.

Snipped:
Court records show both men have extensive criminal histories, though authorities said neither is a registered sex offender. Law enforcement records indicate both were known to use drugs, and Summers was a member of the Peckerwood skinhead gang.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back