GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So...I'm wondering...if the Burglary Crimes division of the LE was responsible for Martinez's arrest, and if he's been charged with burglary (along with kidnapping), does that mean that any items were also taken from the house? That pales in light of what was done to this sweet gal...but it could be the nail in the coffin as far as establishing TS was in there.

"Daniel Martinez, 29, is facing one count each of kidnapping and burglary.” http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/tobias-summers-daniel-mar_n_3010226.html

Here you go:

816adac2-5fc0-4802-984d-05ae47467466_zps7e26fef5.jpg

Looks like a scared rabbit as well he should !
Burn *********************** .
I'm sick of the scum. I have no sympathy for whatever
he's gone through or will go through. Shame on you !

*Just double-checked; burglary only means entering illegally with intent to commit theft...but I'm still wondering if TS grabbed anything else on the way out.

either

1) LE and the DA are acting like they buy Martinez's story in order to apply more pressure to Summers

or

2) Martinez is telling the truth and he was only on board for the burglary and what came after was a surprise to him

Do we know how Martinez and Summers know one another or hooked up to commit this crime? Was meth use the connection and a need for money to fund that use? Or have these[unusual persons] <self edit> been acquainted for a while?

Holy crap...

So the judge is so far setting $19million on Summers once he's caught? & Tobias Summers is in a gang afterall! Holy crap& & he friggen took nude pics of this little girl! Sooo many counts of bad stuff in multiple/various ways, plus she was held by gun, knife AND a belt!

The EXAMINER got it right this time!

Oh. My. God.

Could this family be a candidate for the witness protection program?

Apparently the story is that Martinez did abandon the car.

According to police, Summers broke into the house in the middle of the night March 27 while Martinez waited in a getaway car. Summers emerged from the home with the girl and they both got in the car.

Martinez drove a short distance and then abandoned the vehicle and disappeared.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/tobias-summers-daniel-mar_n_3010226.html

But tlcya, I agree with your above post. It's what's being reported, not necessarily what went down. And probably for one of the two possible reasons you posted.

the initial vibe I get with cursory following of the facts on this one is that Martinez was onboard for the burglary (option 1 listed in my previous post) and Summers in a meth induced state of hyper sexuality or an anticipated meth induced state of hyper sexuality, grabbed N when the house they selected had N as a convenient available occupant.

Frightening. Just horrifically frightening.

Holy crap...

So the judge is so far setting $19million on Summers once he's caught? & Tobias Summers is in a gang afterall! Holy crap& & he friggen took nude pics of this little girl! Sooo many counts of bad stuff in multiple/various ways, plus she was held by gun, knife AND a belt!

The EXAMINER got it right this time!

Oh. My. God.

Could this family be a candidate for the witness protection program?

I found one blog calling Summers a gang member, but no MSM mentioning it. Have you seen it in any of the MSM articles?

& btw, this little girl could have chosen to bottle up, seal herself out. Instead she found the strength inside of her to speak out describing these guys & her ordeal. No matter how good detectives are to question & garner answers, this little girl showed such extreme courage to relay all the info back to detectives. The pain & suffering she's endured rocks me to my core. The strength she's shown in not only providing the details of her victimization, but also describing in detail what the guys look like etc, well damnit that's about as heroic as one can get. I mean, seriously. I am applauding her every step of the way, routing her on to excel in her recovery, be able to still grow even though so much has been taken from her. What a beautiful little angelic hero.

the initial vibe I get with cursory following of the facts on this one is that Martinez was onboard for the burglary (option 1 listed in my previous post) and Summers in a meth induced state of hyper sexuality or an anticipated meth induced state of hyper sexuality, grabbed N when the house they selected had N as a convenient available occupant.

Frightening. Just horrifically frightening.

Yes, this has been my theory as well. I tend to think LE would charge DM with more at the outset if they truly believed he had a part in the attack on this gal. I'm thinking the charges are based on what the little girl has told LE, as she's opened up in more detail in interviewing.

I believe a lot of TS's "friends" (as LE refers to DM) are in the drug-related circle. Friends in this lifestyle are equivalent to fellow users/suppliers. Wouldn't surprise me at all if TS met up with his supplier after meeting with his parole officer, got high, and their plans to burglarize changed impulsively (on TS's part).

there are no words to express all of the anger i feel right now! i think once this sicko realizes what he's facing he'll probably do himself in.

how in the world did LE have enough info to come up with all of these different counts?! my goodness! did they find the camera? was it a cell phone picture?

also - i think that the multiple counts of the same charges doesn't necessarily mean that that's how many times each act was carried out, but the charge is multiplied when there are other felonies committed at the same time. For example, he's charged with a count of a sexual crime, but since he also committed a kidnapping at the same time as the sexual crime, he's charged twice with the sexual crime. hard to explain. i've had a defense attorney explain it to me in the past, but it gets confusing. the best thing is, though, the prosecution will file as many charges as possible knowing that a lot of them will be dismissed or reduced, so they try to find as many ways to make the charges add up as possible.

***warning: a little graphic here:***
here's a thought i had... from what i know, men who are on meth are unable to hold an erection for a normal amount of time... yet they crave the sex. perhaps this was a difficulty he encountered, so it took so many times to fulfill his craving? his frustration could have played a big part in the number of times he assaulted.

I found one blog calling Summers a gang member, but no MSM mentioning it. Have you seen it in any of the MSM articles?

I thought I did on here. One sec, I'll look. I tried catching up before I posted. Home life has been busy...

either

1) LE and the DA are acting like they buy Martinez's story in order to apply more pressure to Summers

or

2) Martinez is telling the truth and he was only on board for the burglary and what came after was a surprise to him

Do we know how Martinez and Summers know one another or hooked up to commit this crime? Was meth use the connection and a need for money to fund that use? Or have these[unusual persons] <self edit> been acquainted for a while?

BBM LE has stated they were "friendly" and "certainly friendly", but won't say how they knew each other yet.

Looks like a scared rabbit as well he should !
Burn *********************** .
I'm sick of the scum. I have no sympathy for whatever
he's gone through or will go through. Shame on you !

He also looks like he needs a fix real bad......

Cheese, its laweekly that I read the link to. I got it from here. Seems like everything else they wrote was true.

<snipped for space>
also - i think that the multiple counts of the same charges doesn't necessarily mean that that's how many times each act was carried out, but the charge is multiplied when there are other felonies committed at the same time. For example, he's charged with a count of a sexual crime, but since he also committed a kidnapping at the same time as the sexual crime, he's charged twice with the sexual crime. hard to explain. i've had a defense attorney explain it to me in the past, but it gets confusing. the best thing is, though, the prosecution will file as many charges as possible knowing that a lot of them will be dismissed or reduced, so they try to find as many ways to make the charges add up as possible.
<snipped for space>

Yes, I noticed on several of the counts, the only change was in the age of the victim ("under 18", "under 14", and "under 10"--meaning 10 and under as mentioned in the count I read). So the multiple counts have a lot to do with her very young age, as well as the crimes committed against her.

Cheese, its laweekly that I read the link to. I got it from here. Seems like everything else they wrote was true.

Yep the blog section of LA Weekly is where I found it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got some kind of gang affiliation, but I think I'm going to wait to see it in MSM.

Yep the blog section of LA Weekly is where I found it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got some kind of gang affiliation, but I think I'm going to wait to see it in MSM.

But Cheese, Dennis Romero is the author of that laweekly article. You've been following his twitter & posting them. They've been dead right every time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back