CA CA - Valencia, 2 WhtFems UP4388 & 4389, 17-35, in riverbed near I-5, Jan'80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this Jane Doe The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) might be Sheryl Denise Taylor. View attachment 397939View attachment 397940

• Missing Since 07/20/1978
  • Missing From Picher, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 12 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'0, 60 pounds <hard to believe the height is correct>
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A sweatshirt, yellow shorts and no shoes or socks.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, hazel eyes. Sheryl is supposed to wear a patch over one eye, but she often takes it off
I really don't know what to think about it. So much doesn't match but they have the same distinctive feature. Also just realised this MP is so recent...

I think this Jane Doe The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) might be Sheryl Denise Taylor. View attachment 397939View attachment 397940

• Missing Since 07/20/1978
  • Missing From Picher, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 12 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'0, 60 pounds <hard to believe the height is correct>
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A sweatshirt, yellow shorts and no shoes or socks.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, hazel eyes. Sheryl is supposed to wear a patch over one eye, but she often takes it off
Sheryl Denise Taylor's thread:

Given more info on Sheryl, I think we can rule her out. I don't think UP4388 is Sheryl. Still nothing on Andria and NamUs has said nothing on Lisa and the LASD Homicide Cold Case Unit want me to contact them via phone (Which 1. Don't think is possible due to country difference and 2. Wouldn't feel comfortable with). I'm also still very unsure on Wendy Byron and Teresa McKinley, who I mentioned earlier in the thread as matches for UP4388.

I would also like both of them to get their names but I think that it will not be possible for at least one of them, 1367UFCA does not have DNA so it would be difficult to identify it without DNA.

1367UFCA

On the other hand 1322UFCA does have DNA so if a successful identification would be possible, I hope they can work the genetic genealogy on it (I suggest Othram or the DNA Doe Project).

I still think that Genetic Genealogy should be used in these cases even if it is with 1322UFCA since she has DNA available.

I still think that Genetic Genealogy should be used in these cases even if it is with 1322UFCA since she has DNA available.
Yeah. Sometimes labs like Othram can even raise funding for DNA extraction. If these Jane Doe's are related (sisters, mother/daugheter, ect.) then all we really need is one Doe's DNA.

Yeah. Sometimes labs like Othram can even raise funding for DNA extraction. If these Jane Doe's are related (sisters, mother/daugheter, ect.) then all we really need is one Doe's DNA.
I think LASD should be encouraged to use Genetic Genealogy as it is the only option for 1322UFCA to be identified.

Great candidate, the only issue is that Hall's killers said they threw her body over a cliff. I would still submit because they both have dentals available to compare.
While Andrea Hall is an exclusion for UP4389, she isn't for UP4388. While I wish I had faith in LE to test her against both, I'm not sure about that so I'd submit.

Great candidate, the only issue is that Hall's killers said they threw her body over a cliff. I would still submit because they both have dentals available to compare.
Perhaps the circumstances do not match very well, but literally the characteristics of Andrea Joy Hall and UP4388 match 100%.

1367UFCA

This is an enhanced photo of Christine May Gregg, found in her thread. CA - CA - Christine May Gregg, 18, Sacramento, June 16, 1976
1677158346015.png

Could she be The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) ?

Name: Christine May Gregg
Missing: Last known to be in Sacramento after the birth of her daughter on June 16, 1976.
Date of birth: July 29, 1957
School: Gilroy High School
Mother's last name: Brown
Age: 18 (Would have been approx. 21-23 when this Jane Doe was found) UID probably killed 1978-1980, age range 17-35 Years)
Sex: Female (UID unsure, but recon is a woman)
Race: White/Caucasian (UID Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Uncertain/Multiple)
Height: 5'5-5'7 (UID 5' 4"-5' 7", Estimated)
Weight: 120-145 lbs ( UID Weight 120-140 lbs, Estimated)
Hair color: Brown (UID BLOND-BR0WN HAIR)
Hair description: Long and straight, no bangs (UID according to recon, long hair)
Eye colors: Brown (UID not know, partial or complete skeleton)
Physical feature: Scar on thigh (unknown which) caused by belt clasp as a child (UID unknown, wouldn't be visible anymore)

UID one eye slightly lower. Christin(e) something seems to be going on with the eyes and eyebrows.

I hope the Andria match gets an update soon. I can't ask as I have been specifically asked to not ask about it.

I hope the Andria match gets an update soon. I can't ask as I have been specifically asked to not ask about it.
If they specifically told you not to ask about it I hope that means they are comparing the DNA of Andria and UP4389.

Does anyone think that Sheila Gail Pierce could be a possible match for UP4388? the physical description matches:

Sheila Gail Wears Pierce
The Doe Network: Sheila Gail Wears Pierce - 3477DFWV

UP4388

Does anyone think that Sheila Gail Pierce could be a possible match for UP4388? the physical description matches:

Sheila Gail Wears Pierce
The Doe Network: Sheila Gail Wears Pierce - 3477DFWV

UP4388

She does match the description, but I don't really think it's a match due to distance and circumstances. A serial killer apparently confessed to her murder. I really wonder who that was...

Right.. normally when I have two matches I'd put them in tables and make comparisons but in this case that wouldn't fit. Both girls/women have links to both Doe's so I will instead link them and explain why I think their cases could be connected, leading them to be found in the same rough area.

The first match (and probably more likely) is the newly added Linda Taylor.

The other match is Sandra Kaye Butler.

Sandra is a suspected victim of Gerald and Charlene Gallego. I suspect Linda to be a victim too. Firstly, the two went missing during the two's crimes and very close together, less that ten minutes away in fact. Even if it was far, Linda's purse was later found IN SPARKS, where Sandra disappeared, approximately 10 minutes away. I can't place the two in Reno at the time but their next recorded victims were murdered in Reno, just a few months after Linda's disappearance.

Seeing the approximate age of UP4388 (between 17 and 35) and the approximate age of UP4389 (between 17 and 24) makes me wonder if NCMEC might be interested in doing reconstructions for both Jane Does.

Seeing the approximate age of UP4388 (between 17 and 35) and the approximate age of UP4389 (between 17 and 24) makes me wonder if NCMEC might be interested in doing reconstructions for both Jane Does.
If we have the skulls of both Jane Doe's they might, or at least any forensic artist can give us a revised reconstruction. They may need to exhume them though. This would also be the perfect opportunity to extract DNA from UP4388. I wonder where they are even buried...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back