cadaver dog hits in Irwin home~search warrant served on family home #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, was the first time the cadaver dogs were in the house on the 17th? Because if it was, I'm wondering why LE didn't have them at the house sooner, just to rule things out.

I think they probably wanted specific dogs there. It sometimes takes time to arrange that.

The dogs are trained to detect humans, right? There's not a chance it hit on an animal remains or something? /grasping at straws here

I agree. I'm nauseous just thinking about it.

After learning all there is to learn about cadaver dogs during the casey anthony trial, I would say definitely not. They are highly, highly trained to hit only on the scent of dead, human bodies. They are tested with bones and remains from non-human animals so they know how to detect the difference.

IMO, this means someone was dead on the floor of their home. Baby Lisa is the only one missing from the home and everyone else is alive. I am now off the fence. If this report is true, and it seems so, as it stems from a search warrant, I believe the mother likely killed baby Lisa, either purposefully or due to abuse and disposed of the body.

Because she'd been drinking? Just a guess.

I refuse to buy the accident theory. As we saw in the casey anthony trial, people do not make accidents look like kidnappings. I said it before and I will say it again, it is the nature of parents to never accept defeat when it comes to their child possibly being deceased. They will run screaming into the street for help, call 911, frantically attempt CPR on a lifeless, stiff and blue body.

For Gosh's sake, even abusers take their kids to the hospital, covered in wounds, broken bones, etc., and ask for help.

I cannot conceive of a parent, drunk or not, finding a lifeless body and saying, "Oh well, Guess I better cover this one up. Can't let anyone know I rolled over on her, or gave her too much medicine, or let her get into my drug stash [etc]. better hide the body and report a kidnapping."

I have no doubt, though, that the parents will make such an excuse when they are charged with murder. They will try to say that there was an accident and they panicked. However, I will continue not to believe such a theory. When parents make such a tragic find, their instinct is to try to save the child, no matter how dead he or she appears to be. They panic in an effort to help the baby, not to cover up her death. Unless they willfully caused the death or the death was due to abuse of some kind.

This is hard to understand, after seeing videos of the baby and hearing the mom interact so lovingly with her. But I don't know what else to think.

How long does someone have to be dead in order for a cadaver dog to "smell" them?

A very short period. I think just enough for some measure of decomposition to occur which usually happens very rapidly.

I was a VERY young mother with my first. I had him at 17 years old. I left him on my bed for a minute once, he was only a couple of months old, no where near as old and Lisa and much smaller. He fell off my bed, hit his head on the night stand and onto the floor he went. He was fine, I took him to the ER to make sure and he was fine, thank God. I do not and will not believe Lisa fell off the bed and died, I believe she was laid out on the floor after she was killed and wrapped in something. Where did mom bury her or dump her, that is the question.

And if she fell off the bed, it wouldn't have killed her. I fell off the bed at a much younger age, and was fine. She was 10 months old. There's no way a fall from a very short height would have instantly killed her, unless she had some sort of underlying condition. And if that was the case, why would mom stage a kidnapping?

I don't think we can term this an accidentally fall off the bed, if the hit is accurate.

If Mom was drunk and something happened, she probably didn't have a clear enough mind to also dispose of the items like the outfit, or tape. Only concentrating on what to do with the body. JMO

Wouldn't they have hit before? I thought there were dogs in there in the first few days after she went missing?

I wonder if some of these items were found in the walls or other places by those amazing X-Rays?

God bless little Lisa. Praying for closure and JUSTICE!!!

:goodpost:

I wonder where the items were recovered!!!! Now you've got me going!

Great sleuthing, everyone! :bow:

Please I'm not picking on anyone but I want to make a point here:

DB has lied about a lot, so how come many here are believing her story that she was DRUNK? How can you believe anything she states as true? Do you not see how her attorney had her make this statement so they have a defense?

I wonder if they got DNA? Could explain why they pulled up the carpet.

I also wonder if that had more than one dog check, just to rule out a false hit. Is that something they usually do?

BBM: Yes, that is something that is often done.

This goes back to the Celina Cass case where there was discussion of how mother's have a tendency to wrap their children in a blanket after killing them. Did she do that and then wrap tape around it? JMO

Wasn't the mother carrying the glow worm in her first news conference? I could have sworn. Was it a different glow worm or am I wrong?

I believe it was a Barney stuffed animal. It wasn't the GloWorm.

Disney Characters on the shirt. Remember, there is a movie by Disney, The Aristocats, white kittens there.

The "clicking" the boys heard, tape being pulled off the dispenser?

Mom didn't want to look in the back yard because she was afraid of what she would find. A drunk mom dug a bit of a whole and buried her baby girl? She had a memory there, even if drunk.

I still have my glow worm from when I was a baby. So sad. :(

My children, now aged 21 and 24, had Glow Worms when they were babies. Slept with them every night. I still have them, packed away with the special mementos.

Please I'm not picking on anyone but I want to make a point here:

DB has lied about a lot, so how come many here are believing her story that she was DRUNK? How can you believe anything she states as true? Do you not see how her attorney had her make this statement so they have a defense?

Perfectly clear to me......... the being "drunk" is her DEFENSE!!!

Sorry if this was already mentioned, still catching up. Kittens and Disney could be aristocats. My dd had Disney aristocats pjs and the kitty is white.

MOO If DB was going to admit to this being an accident, she would have done so almost immediately.

When MK asked her if this was an accident, she cockily(MOO) said to Megyn "That's what 911 is for."

Nope IMHO she won't cop a plea. She is going all the way to hopefully being acquited with her high powered attorney. MOO

How long does someone have to be dead in order for a cadaver dog to "smell" them?

Found this study just as a place to start regarding "hit" times.......

TRIALS BEGUN: January 1997
NUMBER OF DOGS USED: Five different dogs
POST-MORTEM INTERVAL RANGE: From 70 minutes to 3 days
NUMBER OF TRIALS COMPLETED: As of July 1997, total of 52 trials completed
PRELIMINARY RESULTS: The shortest post-mortem interval for which we received a correct response was one hour and 25 minutes. However, the post-mortem interval for which we received a consistently correct response from all dogs involved is 2.5 - 3 hours.

http://www.csst.org/cadaver_scent.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member