Cadaver Dogs Hits and Info

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got really excited also thinking this was a new hit!

Guess I will trudge back out! Thanks, all!

I am totally confident that Caylee's body was in the trunk of Casey's Sunfire at some point in time. What I'm not 100% convinced is that Caylee's body was in the Anthony's back yard.

My question is, is it possible that after Caylee's death, Casey removed an article from the Sunfire (ie an article of clothing, Momma (her doll), the car seat, etc.) and placed in the A's backyard resulting in the cadaver hits?

I'm certain that the odor permiated everything in the car and if something was removed and placed in the yard, it would leave a trail behind but I'm not sure if it would be enough for the cadaver dog to alert that spot.

I don't know where to find the answers, but your thoughts are my thoughts. I considered the same scenario: Somehow Casey was trying to hide something that had been in the trunk with deceased Caylee or it was something Caylee was wearing or holding.

Ooooh. I got all excited but this was in August. I think you may be right - perhaps this is something that just got started in the rumor thread - that there was a cadaver hit October 1 or 2nd. Can't find any news about a recent event but thanks for the link. It just reminded me how much of my life I've wasted and what an emotional rollercoaster this case has been. It doesn't seem possible that it could be two and a half months...or does it? :eek:

http://www.wftv.com/news/17610344/detail.html

It is a new hit.

I searched for this topic and couldn't find anything but mods, please feel free to move this post if necessary.

I have a question about cadaver dogs and their hits.

I am totally confident that Caylee's body was in the trunk of Casey's Sunfire at some point in time. What I'm not 100% convinced is that Caylee's body was in the Anthony's back yard.

My question is, is it possible that after Caylee's death, Casey removed an article from the Sunfire (ie an article of clothing, Momma (her doll), the car seat, etc.) and placed in the A's backyard resulting in the cadaver hits?

I'm certain that the odor permiated everything in the car and if something was removed and placed in the yard, it would leave a trail behind but I'm not sure if it would be enough for the cadaver dog to alert that spot.

I've done some research and can't seem to find an answer to my question. Does anyone know?

FWIW...It has been speculated by another poster that the gas cans retrieved from Casey's trunk were contaminated w/ decomp fluid, hence, anywhere they may have been set down in the back yard may have transferred enough trace decomp fluid to yield an alert by the cadaver dogs.

since the thread is bumped, I wanted to ask a question...

In the picture of the Anthony back yard, what are the red flags for and the yellow...anyone know? Why different ones? Anything to do with dog hits?
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/erimo_2006/anthonyflags.jpg

Different police agencies have different meanings to the colors they use, but here is a general overview. My guess from some work with them, the red ones are where they want the technicians to get samples. The yellow ones most likley mark the area where the dogs hit and the range they want covered.

Outdoor crime scenes may be difficult to see evidence that has been scattered about because of high grass or uneven ground conditions. This situation is more prevalent in cases in which human bones or remains of a victim in a rural setting need to be documented and recovered or where they need samples of decomposition in soil.

Crime scene flags provide the visual information in the overall and mid-range crime scene photographs to document the evidence's relationship to the crime scene. They also alert the crime scene technician to the area where the evidence is located when it may not be readily observed.

The ones I have seen say : "EVIDENCE-DO NOT TOUCH" printed in large letters.

FWIW...It has been speculated by another poster that the gas cans retrieved from Casey's trunk were contaminated w/ decomp fluid, hence, anywhere they may have been set down in the back yard may have transferred enough trace decomp fluid to yield an alert by the cadaver dogs.

In my opinion from looking at the picture and the flags,the area is way too large. She would have to have drug them all over the yard for that to happen.

Do you have a link to a quote for this? This is how I remember it too, but then watching the Greta "walk about" with the Anthonys got me so confused. CA said that the hits in the back yard were all "inconsistent." I don't even know what an inconsistent hit would be (one dog hit but another didn't?) but I thought it was strange that the CSI team kept going back to the house and collecting things if the dogs didn't find anything.

I love dogs - all dogs - and especially those wonderful K-9 working dogs! Thanks for all the great info here!:beagle::cop:

I don't have a link, but made notes. :) But I think the video of the bond hearing is in one of the "sticky" topics.

IMO.........when Greta did her walk about in the Anthony backyard, Cindy was in "Casey defense mode" and just threw out that "inconsistent" statement.

This is just one of Cindy's "mis-truths." She constantly tries to correct official statements like saying that the odor in the car was due to rotten pizza after LE said there was a smell of decomposition in the car; the dogs were inconsistent and her backyard was cleared by police after an expert testified that there were two independent dogs making the same hits.

Cindy constantly tries to change the focus of the investigation by trying to steer the media away from anything that would implicate Casey.

I felt the same way, and as I read your post I finally realized why it's continued to nag at me--Cindy went into a lot of (seemingly needless) detail about moving a big potted plant (can't recall species) and about moving the pool box. In the weeks since then, experts have repeatedly pointed out that going into excessive detail is an indication of lying.

What do you think?

Yeah, it was a hibiscus that was supposedly HUGE, they had dug up from a corner that was where their Florida room and garage angle and meet.

They moved it over to the other side of the pool, against the fence, or so that's where Cindy pointed. Greta and crew never went to the area to see the hibiscus new home.

They moved the hibiscus to get the pool box away from the pool. BUT the pool box still sat at the pool.

I was never sure if the police moved the pool box to check the area where the plant had been and never moved the box back to it's new home or if the pool box was never moved in the 1st place. There were no follow up questions to that.

I still wonder how HUGE that hibiscus was, because what is that pool, 4ft depth? 5ft tops imo. I would have thought we could have seen the hibiscus if it was HUGE.

Anyhoo just another question floating about in Anthonyland.

since the thread is bumped, I wanted to ask a question...

In the picture of the Anthony back yard, what are the red flags for and the yellow...anyone know? Why different ones? Anything to do with dog hits?
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/erimo_2006/anthonyflags.jpg

Here in Florida various utility companies will mark with flags where the underground lines are located. I believe that these flags were placed in case any digging was to commence. Nobody would want to hit a gas line or electrical line, phone line, TV cable, water or sewer line. I can only guess that if digging had not been considered then there would not have been a reason for the utility companies to be called in for marking the underground utilities with flags.

She constantly tries to correct official statements like saying that the odor in the car was due to rotten pizza after LE said there was a smell of decomposition in the car; the dogs were inconsistent and her backyard was cleared by police after an expert testified that there were two independent dogs making the same hits.

One must not forget her classic "There was no odor! No odor!"

Yeah, it was a hibiscus that was supposedly HUGE, they had dug up from a corner that was where their Florida room and garage angle and meet.

They moved it over to the other side of the pool, against the fence, or so that's where Cindy pointed. Greta and crew never went to the area to see the hibiscus new home.

They moved the hibiscus to get the pool box away from the pool. BUT the pool box still sat at the pool.

I was never sure if the police moved the pool box to check the area where the plant had been and never moved the box back to it's new home or if the pool box was never moved in the 1st place. There were no follow up questions to that.

I still wonder how HUGE that hibiscus was, because what is that pool, 4ft depth? 5ft tops imo. I would have thought we could have seen the hibiscus if it was HUGE.

Anyhoo just another question floating about in Anthonyland.

Yes and I also recall GA spreading lime on their property..many thought it was to keep the public off their front yard and/or he was just fertilizing the lawn?? but occurred to me he 'used' that as an excuse to proceed with an attempt to cover-up any residual decomp just in case LE might possibly return with another search warrant on the property.(don't know how or if lime would chemically effect any evidence)

It would!! They used it in mass graves long ago! I remember seeing it in that "Movie about Mozart!":eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor