Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How did she get down to Police Beach for the party? Is there public transportation of some sort that doesn't run after a certain hour?

Also, was her purse found at the site of the party or was it a distance away, indicating the direction she was moving when she dropped it. Why would she drop it?

This is horrifying and most parents worst nightmare, it sounds like her mom is handling this very well right now, staying strong to search her best....
with her phone, money, passport left behind days ago, I’m extremely worried that she will not be found alive. I always worry about people partying, becoming inebriated and drowning. Hopeful she is lost in the forest and just couldnt find her way back to the beach or hostel...
If foul play is involved, robbery obviously wasn’t motive..
So worried about this young woman!

I go back to, how did she get to the party? if she walked, was it more inland on a road and was she trying to go back that way? Or, did she walk down the beach? If they knew this bit of information it might focus their search, at least initially.
It seems she would try and retrace her steps if she was trying to go back to her hotel.
Unless she was inebriated, why would she strike off into the jungle?
خرائط ‪Google
This map clearly shows that there is a road available to her.
Also, if she started up the beach, there are bungalows and other hotels she could have stopped at to inquire about transportation.

If you actually look at the map, it's about 2.5km between Police Beach and Nest Beach Club hostel: along the beach, then on a large, wide road, then a smaller track to the right. It's a 1/2hr walk or less for a young, fit person. She could have decided to go cross-country through dense vegetation, but I think it's highly unlikely. Far more likely that she'd have got a moto or a lift if she didn't walk. Do we know exactly where she was last seen?

How did she get down to Police Beach for the party? Is there public transportation of some sort that doesn't run after a certain hour?

She'd have walked, it's not far and a nice walk along the beach. There's lots of accommodation along the way so plenty of other people would have been walking to the party. Transport back would either be walking with torches or light from buildings by the tracks or via a moto (motorbike taxi).

EDIT: the walk from Police Beach to her hostel would be about 10mins along the beach, 10mins on a wide dirt road, then 5-7mins on a smaller darker road. The problem would come if she'd decided to walk back along the coast (there's a rocky part which looks inaccessible) or got lost trying to take a shortcut.

Are the Koh Rong Community Piers active and full of people all night long? Could she have gotten down that far and then walked out on a pier and gone over or would she likely have been seen?
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Honestly, I think it's unlikely. This is early in the Cambodian tourist season and locals who aren't in tourism wouldn't be up at 3am. If you look up Police Beach on Instagram, the pictures tagged there don't look particularly busy.

This photo actually seems to show Amelia, in the purple shirt:

Steph on Instagram: “Party never stops. What an incredible night! #kohrong #policebeach #junglefever #beachvibes #neverstopdancing #sunrise…”

If the police are not getting involved for 72 hours, who has custody of her phone, purse and passport? Would the Foreign Office have jurisdiction? I'm thinking of selfies or other photographs that may be on her phone.

Honestly, I think it's unlikely. This is early in the Cambodian tourist season and locals who aren't in tourism wouldn't be up at 3am. If you look up Police Beach on Instagram, the pictures tagged there don't look particularly busy.

This photo actually seems to show Amelia, in the purple shirt:

Steph on Instagram: “Party never stops. What an incredible night! #kohrong #policebeach #junglefever #beachvibes #neverstopdancing #sunrise…”

Good find, this does look like it could be her? Some of the reviews of Police Beach suggest that at this time of year it can be relatively quiet, not really a chaotic scene heaving with people, so I wonder what the others there may have noticed, if anything?

If the police are not getting involved for 72 hours, who has custody of her phone, purse and passport? Would the Foreign Office have jurisdiction? I'm thinking of selfies or other photographs that may be on her phone.

Various reports say Amelia's father lives in Vietnam, and she flew to Cambodia with him. It seems they parted ways in PP and Amelia made some backpacker friends to travel on with, planning to return to her father at a later date. It's highly likely her father's on Koh Rong now so I would expect either the police or he has her possessions.

Last edited:
Last edited:
View attachment 211427
Yes I’m almost positive that is her, there’s another set of pictures and that’s totally the same shirt, and shows her without glasses as well.
You have to follow the link on that Instagram pic, it’s not letting me link correctly!

Well spotted! How did you find that photo? I can't see it on the girl above's page?

EDIT: my apologies, just seen it on Amelia’s personal page from some time before. Thought it was from the night she went missing.

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling about this :(

It's now Sunday morning in Cambodia, Amelia has been missing for about 100 hours. What is the weather like there? Warm and humid I guess?

This snippet also worries me:

"Amelia left the UK last month, taking time off work after completing her apprenticeship. It is her first time travelling on her own." bbm

BHASVIC backpacker missing in Cambodia

An inexperienced, beautiful and possibly intoxicated young woman out at night on her own .... it's a dangerous situation. I hope they find her quick!

Here's a photo of the path down to The Nest. Not exactly streetlights, but not 'dense jungle' either. There are lights. I'm sure it'd be pretty common for people to walk or get motos between here and Police Beach.

Nest Beach Club on Instagram: “Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker? ☘️⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Anyways, we would love to welcome you in our AC-Dorms.…”

Thanks for sharing that! What's on either side of this path? Could she have fallen down there?

Looking around the web site of the Nest and a few other places on the island, is there much drug use among the tourists ?
Could someone have slipped her something?
I am still wondering why her purse and phone were found, dropped on Police Beach. If she was not under the influence of anything she would have kept her purse with her and used her phone for that matter, perhaps calling the place she was staying to see if they would send out a cab. That abandoned purse shrieks at me !!

Her sister says in msm that she is intelligant and careful so does anybody know if she went to the party as a group (sorry if it has been posted and i missed) because it just does not seem like walking bk on her own would have been on her agenda? I would not even walk back on my own in my home town at 3 in morning let alone in a foreign country! Moo.
Its all v v worrying.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1