CANADA CANADA - 83 Missing & Murdered women of Edmonton, Alberta

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When reading about Svekla recently, had only come across Rachel and the drug overdose - not her horrific injuries.

So Svekla's not guilty verdict in her case was a lack of evidence that he caused these injuries - not that he had placed her somewhere following a drug overdose. Thank-you.

Lengthy new article
rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/a...-murder-do-you-recognize-this-voice-1.3102635

"Amber Tuccaro's unsolved murder: Do you recognize this voice?
Man in recording may have answers to unsolved murder near Edmonton five years ago
"

Jun 08, 2015 11:00 AM

"Unravelling the mysterious disappearance and unsolved murder of Amber Tuccaro could hinge on identifying a man whose voice was captured in a recording of her last phone conversation, new details of which her family has revealed to CBC News.

Police released 61 seconds of audio, but CBC News has learned that the full audio recording is 17 minutes in length, which corresponds almost directly to the amount of time it would take to drive from the motel where Tuccaro was staying to the site where her body was found two years later.

The 20-year-old mother from the Mikisew Cree First Nation in Alberta vanished almost five years ago, after getting into an unknown man's vehicle in Nisku, near Edmonton. She was staying in the area for a few days after arriving from Fort McMurray with her infant son and a female friend."

"I know that voice. I've ridden with that voice before on several occasions. There's no doubt in my mind that it's his voice," said the woman, whose identity CBC has agreed not to reveal.

She says she reported his name to the RCMP three years ago.

CBC News interviewed two other women who say they've reported the same man to police, suspecting it's his voice on the recording.

One of the women says she called the RCMP about her suspicions as recently as three months ago.

An RCMP investigator reached out to CBC News to say the Mounties have looked into the man, but have ruled him out as a person of interest in the Tuccaro investigation.

"They didn't look very hard I don't think," says one of the women, still convinced she knows the identity of the man on the recording.

"I knew the voice like I know the back of my own hand."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/a...-murder-do-you-recognize-this-voice-1.3102635

Amber's last phone call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dL1Qro46g

http://globalnews.ca/news/2135689/m...ed-rcmp-may-be-searching-for-a-serial-killer/

EDMONTON – A local woman who’s been missing since May of 2004 is now the focus of a murder investigation.

The human remains discovered on a rural property near Leduc have been identified as 27-year-old Corrie Ottenbreit.

“We may be dealing with a serial predator,” said Inspector Stacey Talbot of the Alberta RCMP Serious Crimes Branch.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/08/...-to-investigate-human-remains-found-in-calmar

... On Tuesday, an autopsy performed by the Edmonton Medical Examiner’s office showed the victim to be Mackenzie Leah Harris, 22, who was reported missing on Aug. 1. Police say the death is being treated as a homicide, and that they have contacted her next of kin.

Police say there is nothing to indicate this latest homicide is related in any way to any historical homicides the RCMP is currently investigating in the Rolly View rural area of Leduc County ...

Serial killer fears grow after another body found near Edmonton 29
Postmedia Network
First posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 06:14 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 06:22 PM EDT

EDMONTON — Police aren't saying if another body found near Edmonton might be linked to a possible serial killer working in the area.

The bodies of three other women were recently discovered in the same area near Leduc, Alta., adding to the total of dozens of Edmonton-area prostitutes missing and killed over the past four decades.

Her death is being treated as a homicide. homicide after homicide but I don't often hear a cause of death. it's very frustrating when there are little clues. yes it's a serial predator. LE needs a tip from the public. someone is luring women and the public IMO needs to wake up and think about people in their lives that they have a suspicion about. do you think you know someone who could be capable of luring someone vulnerable into their.vechicle. And then use them for their purpose and then having a need or desire to kill them and then get rid of the evidence?

What kind of person would do this over and over again? why aren't they getting caught when we have the best of criminal profilers and LE? could this person have other people hunting for them using different vehicles? could their be a puppet master pretending to be a respectable member of his cumminity but really be hunting our women and girls?

So who is Mackenzie Leah Harris? We know she was from Camrose. What was her lifestyle? What affiliations did she have? Why was she in Aileen Faller Park in Leduc, what time was she there, how long had she been in Leduc, and how did she get there?

Map here

Leduc and Calmar are on Hwy 623 (east of Leduc #623 is known as Rollyview Road; I don't think it's known by that west of Leduc)

Charlene Gauld was found at Hwy 623 aka Rollyview Rd and Hwy 617 (Twp 490 & RR 220)

Amber Tuccaro was found at Hwy 623 aka Rollyview Rd and RR 241 (within an 8 km radius in Leduc County where remains of Edna Bernard, Katie Ballantyne, Delores Brower, and Corrie Ottenbreit were found)

Wonder where Rossmo thinks perp lives?
Very lengthy article concerning geographical profiling.
rbbm

http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2014/11/features/mapping-murder/viewgallery/340143

"Rossmo studied serial murder and quantitative geography and animal foraging patterns, among other topics. "What primarily determines where a criminal offends is where he goes when he's not offending," he explains. "Those areas make up the criminal's comfort zone and, like most people, that's where they spend most of their time. Crimes happen when they find potential targets, a victim or a shop to rob, within that area. That's why most crimes occur close to where he lives or works, an area where he grew up or previously lived, where they work or even where a relative lives." In other words, victims are not primarily chosen because of who they are but because they happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

According to Rossmo, most crimes take place close to the offender's home, often within a kilometre. As you move further away from their home, the probability they will offend drops off, a pattern called "distance decay". However, criminals are also less likely to offend very near their home, partly to protect their anonymity, an area called the "buffer zone". The balance between these two tendencies dictates where crime is most likely to occur. There are some variations to this pattern: adult offenders tend to travel further than do juvenile offenders; robbers tend to travel longer distances than do burglars; body dumpsites tend to be further from the killer's residence than from the sites they meet their victims."

I do not believe this last victim is going to be linked to the serial killer. The site where she was found is not in a isolated spot like the others. The other victims were off the beaten path and hidden. This last victim is beside a railroad track that is used by the people in town for walking there dogs, quadding, etc. I live in the area and driven past some of the sites the victim have been found.

This was apparently Mackenzie Harris' last facebook post:

“Someone please help. I’m in Leduc stranded. They are trying to hurt me. I have no shoes. Someone help.”
http://globalnews.ca/news/2145905/developing-police-responding-to-call-for-assistance-in-calmar/

Quite disturbing to say the least, especially due to the fact that this case once again has ties to Leduc/Rolly View area (along with the Edna Bernard, Katie Ballentyne, Delores Brower, Charlene Gauld, Corrie Ottenbreit, and Amber Tuccaro cases). If these 7 cases are truly linked, I would think the focus would hone in on the Leduc/Rolly View vicinity in search for a suspect, as the killer seems to be very comfortable with that area.

If these 7 cases are truly linked, I would think the focus would hone in on the Leduc/Rolly View vicinity in search for a suspect, as the killer seems to be very comfortable with that area.

If these case are linked then one must look at the dates that Delores Brower and Corrie Ottenbreit went missing as being May 15 and May 9 of 2004 and understand that there being 6 days between them and being found at the same location dictates a message. Back in 2004 it wasn't a problem for him to take 2 victims a week apart and that raises questions as to what his cycle period was as far back as then. This would also raise another question, where has he been since then? I would ponder that he has a much larger territory then the Leduc/Edmonton area. This would be necessary for a SK who was cycling monthly or bi-weekly.

It's been over 11 years since Delores and Corrie disappeared and imo it would be highly uncommon for a SK to lay low for the 6 years between 2004 and 2010 when Amber Tuccaro disappeared. It would only be common sense for KARE to stretch their boundaries into B.C. and Saskatchewan in the search for his footprints, if indeed these cases are linked. Suffering from his addiction and through his own evolution, more, more, more would be the buzz words in his ears. Imo, it would be realistic that he could have up to 7 territories that he cycles through... if we do the math.

[video=youtube;mwqZcfJN6gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwqZcfJN6gs[/video]

These are the cases previously connected by KARE as being attributed to one killer:

(sorry, don't know how to copy spreadsheet info so it looks better)

NAME / DATE LAST SEEN / DATE BODY FOUND / LOCATION FOUND

Bernadette Ahenakew 19890927 19891024 found in a ditch alongside North Clover Bar Road north of Hwy 16

Edna Bernard 20020922 20020923 3 km east of Leduc on Range Road 245, 1 km north of Rollyview Rd; body was on fire when discovered; (found within 8 km radius in Leduc Country where remains of Amber Tuccaro, Katie Ballantyne, Delores Brower, and Corrie Ottenbreit were found)

Debbie Darlene Lake 20021104 20030412 Miquelon Lake; skull found, no body, so cause of death not determined, Miquelon Lake, 70 km southeast of Edmonton

Monique Pitre 20021124 20030108 NE of Edmonton, south of Twp Rd 540 and Range Rd 222

Melissa Munch 20030110 20030112 Ardrossan area, south of Hwy 16, west of Range Rd 220, Strathcona County; body found frozen, and cause of death not released, found in stand of trees

Katie Sylvia Ballantyne 20030427 20030707 Rollyview, east of Leduc, 20 km south of Edmonton, Twp Rd 500 and Range Rd 235; 49*** Range Road on property owned by An****ers; (found within 8 km radius in Leduc County where remains of Edna Bernard, Amber Tuccaro, Delores Brower and Corrie Ottenbreit were found)

Rachel Liz Quinney 20040604 20040611 Twp Rd 540 and Range Rd 224; small grove of trees north of Sherwood Park

Charlene Gauld 20050408 20050416 Twp Rd 490 and RR 220

Note the 16 year time span of Date Last Seen for the 8 that are connected. Also that not all were found south of Edmonton.

Although only 8 were able to be connected to one perp (presumably by evidence), IMO that certainly does not preclude other missing/murdered (i.e. Amber, Corrie, etc) from being victims of the same perp.

Oh no, and that's the first thing you notice. :(

That's not all you notice. Look at her post picture of December 16, 2014. The first thing I noticed was what appeared to be a child ghost's face directly behind her hand as if in the back seat. Kind of creepy. And then I looked directly above it in the back window and there appears to be the reflection of a woman's face like she's laying on her side. The blue light is what first caught my attention and it is right where her eye would be. Can someone tell me if they can see this as well? I can see if I can circle it and post it, just not sure how. I have a pretty good imagination but, once you see it the first time it's pretty clear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy
Back