Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone upthread asked about a link to the quote about Garland being expelled from the University of Alberta in Edmonton for cheating:

"A Postmedia News story from the drugs trial noted that the meth cook, as drug makers are called, had studied science at the University of Alberta but was expelled after being caught cheating."

http://o.canada.com/news/national/b...w-and-mental-health-concerns-documents-reveal

I agree, it could definitely be and sounds like a 'softened' statement, maybe to not create panic or for the suspect to let his guard down.

It could mean that some furniture was where it shouldn't be, and it could mean that there was enough blood to suggest a triple homicide.

61 east lake ramp is for sure a Western RV. I was also trying to think of what would be there that
Would of been a car sales lot... I know there is a green house, vet clinic, subway and at least one RV place... The RV place would make most sense I believe.

I can't tell what date this article was written, but at the time it was written it indicated that the old Cam Clark dealership building was owned by Rocky View Schools but that local business Propak was putting in a bid or the building.

http://www.discoverairdrie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4289&Itemid=151

Now in this article dated Jun 26, 2014, it states that Propak got the building...........doesn't say though if/when they relocate there:

“Propak has expanded to the old Cam Clark Ford building that will create 175 new jobs,” said Brown.

http://www.airdriecityview.com/arti...-has-the-province-s-ear-on-local-issues-brown

According to this, Cameron Clark (owner of Cam Clark Ford) owned (still?) All West RV Rentals that appears to have been (still?) situated on the 22 acre parcel of land that the old Cam Clark dealership was on:

http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business...s/all-west-rv-rentals-ltd-in-airdrie-ab-68084

......but it doesn't appear that this business exists any longer. Their website (www.allwestrv.ca) goes nowhere. Their phone # is "not in service."

According to Propak' website, they've obviously taken possession of the old Cam Clark parcel/building as their website lists their "Building C" as 925 Veterans Blvd, which is what the old Cam Clark and All West RV rentals (Bay #1 925 Veteran's Blvd) had as addresses.

Someone upthread asked about a link to the quote about Garland being expelled from the University of Alberta in Edmonton for cheating:

"A Postmedia News story from the drugs trial noted that the meth cook, as drug makers are called, had studied science at the University of Alberta but was expelled after being caught cheating."

http://o.canada.com/news/national/b...w-and-mental-health-concerns-documents-reveal

It sounds like a valid piece of information. I liked the author's summary of DG "...well-honed sense of entitlement... used a dead teen’s identity to get a job but nonetheless considered filing a wrongful dismissal suit when he was fired... still had the chutzpah to fight for EI benefits and successfully represented himself in court."

It sounds like a valid piece of information. I liked the author's summary of DG "...well-honed sense of entitlement... used a dead teen’s identity to get a job but nonetheless considered filing a wrongful dismissal suit when he was fired... still had the chutzpah to fight for EI benefits and successfully represented himself in court."

It's a good article that summarizes the suspect's history.

Another interesting connection - the building location that was searched on East Lake Ramp is quite close to the Agriculture and Rural Development centre that has Western Barley Growers Association and Alberta Lamb Producers addressed there and other farming connections such as: Poultry Health Services Lab, Calgary Feeder Association and an Agriculture Financial Services Corporation branch are all around 97 East Lake Ramp area. Might not be important but thought to check it out.

The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is right down the road from where the police blocked it off. I think someone mentioned that he stayed at a different hotel, but maybe the road was blocked off because he was in that area the night he left the hotel?

The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is right down the road from where the police blocked it off. I think someone mentioned that he stayed at a different hotel, but maybe the road was blocked off because he was in that area the night he left the hotel?
Have we had any actual verification of where DG stayed while on bail?

What I think is that police have carefully chosen words of "violent incident" to provide context for then mentioning "medical distress" without sharing too much information.

[I still can't get multi-quotes, hope no one feels overlooked because I couldn't manage to multi-quote]

I think Cherchri post #717, as well as other posts, make reference to the care LE has taken when communicating with the public. LE chose the word "violent incident". The issue becomes distinguishing among: incident (LE's preference), struggle (interpretation by media) and crime. Somebody had an excellent post distinguishing between incident and struggle (I just can't find it). It is clear that the two terms have different meanings and are not interchangeable. Crime is probably irrelevant as a violent incident and a violent struggle likely both constitute crimes.

In the excellent post I can't find the person consulted the dictionary. An incident according to the Mirriam-Webster is : an unexpected and usually unpleasant thing that happens and a struggle as trying very hard to do, achieve, or deal with something that is difficult or that causes problems. Two very different concepts. I think struggle implies they were fighting back and I don't think LE has released any information to suggest that somebody fought back. IMO that means they were surprised by the events. And I think that has a big impact on how the crimes played out.

Someone mentioned something like Motel 6 at one point, but I don't remember seeing the name of the hotel in a news article. I don't think police would have let the media have that information.

[I still can't get multi-quotes, hope no one feels overlooked because I couldn't manage to multi-quote]

I think Cherchri post #717, as well as other posts, make reference to the care LE has taken when communicating with the public. LE chose the word "violent incident". The issue becomes distinguishing among: incident (LE's preference), struggle (interpretation by media) and crime. Somebody had an excellent post distinguishing between incident and struggle (I just can't find it). It is clear that the two terms have different meanings and are not interchangeable. Crime is probably irrelevant as a violent incident and a violent struggle likely both constitute crimes.

In the excellent post I can't find the person consulted the dictionary. An incident according to the Mirriam-Webster is : an unexpected and usually unpleasant thing that happens and a struggle as trying very hard to do, achieve, or deal with something that is difficult or that causes problems. Two very different concepts. I think struggle implies they were fighting back and I don't think LE has released any information to suggest that somebody fought back. IMO that means they were surprised by the events. And I think that has a big impact on how the crimes played out.

This is what you're looking for:

It's amazing how two little words can change the whole context of things. I had to do Merriam-Webster explanation check to help me really question both meanings:

Incident: an unexpected and usually unpleasant thing that happens and an action likely to lead to grave consequences especially in diplomatic matters

Crime: an illegal act or a grave offense especially against morality

The word crime makes whatever happened against the law and illegal, whereas if no crime was committed it could be considered an incident I guess.

That's a good point. A violent incident could mean that everyone was asleep, or caught off guard, there was no struggle, but something violent happened anyway.

Not sure which thread but someone did post a link to a MSM article a few days ago that indicated DG had been staying at the Motel 6 in Airdrie.

Someone mentioned something like Motel 6 at one point, but I don't remember seeing the name of the hotel in a news article. I don't think police would have let the media have that information.

I know I saw a ctv news tweet with a picture ...the picture was apparently of the hotel he checked out of ...I don't know if I'm allowed to link to a tweet with unvalidated info? She is with ctv...but her tweet is rather vague as to whether it was ever verified.....JMO...

ETA: by verified I mean...verified if he ever DID stay there or if it was just hearsay....

In this news video, at 00:50, it says DG was staying at the Motel 6, and shows picture of it (though didn't say it was the Motel 6 in Airdrie but I think we can deduce that as it was reported several times in the media that he'd been asked to leave the motel in Airdrie):

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/man-to...y-boy-grandparents-bodies-not-found-1.1913168

In this news video, at 00:50, it says DG was staying at the Motel 6, and shows picture of it (though didn't say it was the Motel 6 in Airdrie but I think we can deduce that as it was reported several times in the media that he'd been asked to leave the motel in Airdrie):

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/man-to...y-boy-grandparents-bodies-not-found-1.1913168
I do find it odd that no reporter followed up on this - asking the motel to confirm he stayed there and more importantly, why was he asked to leave.

Excellent. Thank you, otto.

So why would the lab hire him w/o a BSc?

Wait a minute...he attended U of A under his own name, right? But he worked at the lab while posing as Matthew Hartley so even if he had earned a BSc as DG it wouldn't have done him any good while he used an assumed name.

What the heck kind of *advertiser censored*-and-bull story did he spin the lab to get hired?

Just thinking out loud here. I apologize if it's already been said but I am hoping the search at the dealership wasn't due to a deal being made with DG to reveal where the bodies are.

I would think that DG would have no problem making a fake diploma and any other documents needed for this Cantest job.

That's a good point. A violent incident could mean that everyone was asleep, or caught off guard, there was no struggle, but something violent happened anyway.
That is my theory thus far as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member