Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the patent, where the family has stated that the dispute was "petty" and about "recognition", I have to wonder why Mr Liknes didn't simply give Garland that recognition.

Regarding the patent, where the family has stated that the dispute was "petty" and about "recognition", I have to wonder why Mr Liknes didn't simply give Garland that recognition.
Maybe he didn't deserve it.

Maybe he didn't deserve it.

I suppose it comes down to whether it is true that he altered the design.

"According to a relative of Mr. Liknes, Mr. Garland altered one of the patents and believed he should have been included as one of the inventors."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...glas-garland-over-patent-calgary-family-says/

If he altered the design and it was petty to argue about it, why not just give him the recognition ... I don't understand why there was a problem.

I suppose it comes down to whether it is true that he altered the design.

"According to a relative of Mr. Liknes, Mr. Garland altered one of the patents and believed he should have been included as one of the inventors."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...glas-garland-over-patent-calgary-family-says/

If he altered the design and it was petty to argue about it, why not just give him the recognition ... I don't understand why there was a problem.
I suppose it's all speculation at this point though isn't it. As I pointed out before the word altered was from a reporter and not necessarily accurate as even if a direct quote from a family member it's still second hand at best.

How do we know that DG didn't just change the patent in an insignificant way that didn't have a positive impact and AL just had to scrap the changes anyway. All of the speculation about the patent disagreement is just that. It's not like we have a quote from someone claiming to have witnessed an argument about the patent dispute where the issue was completely laid out.

The Alberta Games are being held in Airdrie and started today (I think, maybe tomorrow) so it's possible the helicopter activity is related to that (they showed overhead footage of the preparations on the noon news)

A random but somewhat morbid question...when a company like servpro is hired to clean a house after a crime, are they required to sign confidentiality agreements or anything?

I so wish they would find the bodies, so that the families can properly say goodbye and so any evidence is still of good value for LE.

I suppose it's all speculation at this point though isn't it. As I pointed out before the word altered was from a reporter and not necessarily accurate as even if a direct quote from a family member it's still second hand at best.

How do we know that DG didn't just change the patent in an insignificant way that didn't have a positive impact and AL just had to scrap the changes anyway. All of the speculation about the patent disagreement is just that. It's not like we have a quote from someone claiming to have witnessed an argument about the patent dispute where the issue was completely laid out.

For the most part, I'm inclined to trust reporters.

For the most part, I'm inclined to trust reporters.
Well we did find out that the term "violent struggle" came from the press not the police. In addition we don't know if the family member used the correct word.

Well we did find out that the term "violent struggle" came from the press not the police. In addition we don't know if the family member used the correct word.

The terms "violent incident", "violent struggle", and "violent crime" have all been used to describe what happened in the home where the three victims were last seen.

"“We can now confirm a violent crime occurred in that residence,” said Staff-Sgt. Doug Andrus during a press conference on Friday. He would not confirm whether the evidence found in Alvin and Kathy Liknes’s tidy suburban home was blood."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...d-and-grandparents-were-last-seen-police-say/

Crazy. Please don't tell me that he has been in there since july 4th. Omg. We have walked down there several times with my kids since then.

There are a LOT of these ponds along stoney trail on the way to airdrie.

I wonder how deep this pond is. Would the bottom be so mucky that a person could end up "stuck" and it take time for them to become 'un-stuck' and float to the surface? Seems odd it took so long for his body to be found there, if in that pond all along.

The Alberta Games are being held in Airdrie and started today (I think, maybe tomorrow) so it's possible the helicopter activity is related to that (they showed overhead footage of the preparations on the noon news)

A random but somewhat morbid question...when a company like servpro is hired to clean a house after a crime, are they required to sign confidentiality agreements or anything?

I so wish they would find the bodies, so that the families can properly say goodbye and so any evidence is still of good value for LE.

I don't think so. Once the crime scene is released it is the next of kin's (or executor ... lawyer ... etc ...) responsibility to arrange cleanup. As another poster talked about earlier, the family can do it themselves if they choose.

I wonder how deep this pond is. Would the bottom be so mucky that a person could end up "stuck" and it take time for them to become 'un-stuck' and float to the surface? Seems odd it took so long for his body to be found there, if in that pond all along.
Well ive seen people kayaking in it several times so its a decent depth I think.
If someone were weighted, or in barrells... nope. Dont want to think about it.

I get the feeling the victims may never be found with each passing day. So cruel for the family. Just boggles the mind where they are hidden.

I get the feeling the victims may never be found with each passing day. So cruel for the family. Just boggles the mind where they are hidden.
I wholeheartedly agree. I cant imagine driving anywhere and thinking "are they hidden there? Buried there?" I already do and im not that sweet boys mother. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie