Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two crime scenes: the Parkhill home, the Airdrie acreage. We can't ignore that. We also can't ignore the fact that the truck, belonging to the accused, is in both locations on the night of the murders, or the fact that he has been arrested and the victims declared dead. What would be the purpose of ignoring that information?

It's not ignoring but a t way of cleansing or refreshing ones brain for thinking. It helps with determining details that seem irrelevant.

Wow. Good find. How did you discover that?

I'm guessing that when DG was hired as MH, it was on the basis of a resume, interview.
In my experience, I've had 2-4 weeks to produce degrees, diplomas and certificates. I doubt, I'd have been given additional time.
Perhaps, rather than having a "breakdown" this was demanded of him and he was unable to produce it.
Rather than deal with a blow to their business reputation, the company had him leave quietly?

It was 8 months from apprehension to sentencing for Russell Williams .
I can't remember the details of the publication ban? I do know there were details that became public knowledge.

Yes, however he pleaded guilty, therefore there was no need for a protracted trial. There was no jury, just a judge. LE and the Crown decided that ALL evidence had to be presented in court so that his crimes were revealed to all and the details released so he would NEVER be permitted to be released from custody. That's the ONLY reason it didn't take longer. I could be wrong, so please correct me if I am, but I think there was a deal that if he pleaded guilty and gave them all the details then they would NOT apply for dangerous offender status.

The problem I see with someone murdering one or three people, leaving his vehicle at the scene, and taking the victim's vehicle, is that the murderer has no idea when the crime will be discovered, so it would be extremely risky to do that. I think he most likely used only his own vehicle.

darn ws acting up,, lost my post to the interweb gods.

maybe someone borrowed DG's truck.

do you ever wonder who the backers or investors were of winter petroleum?

one of them lives 87km straight north of airdrie in innisfail, and I bet my bottom dollar they know DG and know that DG holds a grudge too. How miffed would you be with this investment gone bust?

due to ws rules, I cannot link the person/s

I agree. I'm also not sure what would be gained by withholding the information that the victims' remains have been recovered.

IMO, and as others have stated here, I believe the volume of blood at the Liknes home was enough to believe the victims to be deceased, and that LE waited for DNA testing to reveal if the blood was from 1, 2 or 3 victims. At that point, they lifted the Amber alert as it was clear NO was also dead. Sometimes the amount of blood can lead only to the conclusion that death has occurred - I think the phrase used is to say the injuries to cause that amount of blood loss would be "incompatible with life". IMHO

If there was a copious amount of blood at the scene, I am thinking that death would not have necessarily been immediate. The heart continues to pump until it cannot support life, or runs out of blood to pump. In the case of brain death by trauma, the heart would be stopped. So.. awful to think about, but whomever the blood belongs to may have suffered a lingering demise. We have a dark saying in the medical field....'A little blood goes a long way'.

darn ws acting up,, lost my post to the interweb gods.

maybe someone borrowed DG's truck.

do you ever wonder who the backers or investors were of winter petroleum?

one of them lives 87km straight north of airdrie in innisfail, and I bet my bottom dollar they know DG and know that DG holds a grudge too. How miffed would you be with this investment gone bust?

due to ws rules, I cannot link the person/s

So ... do the police have it all wrong ... bumbling fools hanging a triple murder on an unfortunate loner?

So ... do the police have it all wrong ... bumbling fools hanging a triple murder on an unfortunate loner?

We will find out if the cops and the Crown have this one figured out when the trial is done.

Hi all... I never made it out to the road block in Airdrie as I came down with terrible stomach flu. OTTO...I dont know how to draw an arrow on the photo you asked me to but from the news article I belive we were talking about the old ford dealership which on your photo is straight to the right of the road block. I have not read through all the posts as I have been MIA for a few days but I am not sure why or how the gas op ties in. Ill go today and see if I cant get anything better. Let me know what you want or need

It would be interesting to know whether anything in that area would provide a good location for a weapon, chemical container disposal, or anything else related to the murders.
Good to hear that you're on the mend.

I live in Calgary as well. I do a lot of driving, both in the city and on the surrounding highways. I personally feel very discouraged about the possibility of recovering the victims' remains. There are so many areas within short distance of the city that the killer could have dumped or buried bodies. Wherever I go, I find myself looking out at open fields, ponds, ditches, etc., and thinking "they could be right there and who would know?"

The alleged killer, DG, is an unemployed, unattached loner. No one was with him in the days after the disappearance of the victims. He could have gone anywhere, anytime. He could have driven to BC and back and not been missed. Even if he didn't travel that far, I don't see it as all that difficult for a determined man to drive anywhere north, south, east or west, and dump or bury bodies.

I also note that LE does not appear to be conducting searches, nor giving their blessing to civilian search groups to conduct searches. I find this telling.

It is incredibly disheartening to consider, but i personally feel doubtful of bodies being found.

I'm curious ... if the bodies had not been found, but bone fragments had been found, would that information be released to the public?

I did not realize that LE have stopped searching for the bodies. Why would LE say in the last briefing they had the 30 day plan and would continue searching? I hope they have conclusive evidence that the victims are accounted for for the families sake.

The 30 days relates to discovery and court procedures. I can't understand how 30 days would relate to searching for bodies. If they know where they are, they should get them, and if they don't, they can't predict that they will in 30 days.

I'm curious ... if the bodies had not been found, but bone fragments had been found, would that information be released to the public?
In past cases, the police have made a statement to the effect - "Human remains have been found and identified as belonging to ____ ..."

IMO, if ANY actual remains were found and identified, LE would have released a statement. That information wouldn't compromise an investigation or the Crown's case.

The 30 days relates to discovery and court procedures. I can't understand how 30 days would relate to searching for bodies. If they know where they are, they should get them, and if they don't, they can't predict that they will in 30 days.
When they asked the public not to assist in the search they said that they had a 30 day search plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member