Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:clap:
So thankful to the time commitment all you tweet posters are giving. You are making it so much easier for so many of us to follow this case. Thank you :clap:

I can take over?

Absolutely! I had no clue what I was doing so my posts look pretty crazy. Hopefully everyone is able to follow along. Thanks for taking over, I appreciate what a big job it is.

I also didn't include any pictures with the tweets but they were all things we've seen before: aerial map of the acreage, greenhouse and DG's truck

This is a perfect example of how the Prosecution can get the jury thinking one thing and then the Defense can get the jury thinking the other way.

....snipped for focus.....

Was it an unusual event? 'As far as I'm concerned it was' #Garland

He'd never noticed the light on in the greenhouse at that time of night before.

Cross-examination of Kalmbach now by defence lawyer Kim Ross. #Garland

"You can't say that it's never happened before," says defence of greenhouse light on in middle of night. Kalmbach agrees. #Garland

Defence asks if Kalmbach can confirm the light was never on before, he agrees he cannot. #Garland

Someone mentioned earlier. Its the totality of the evidence that is so important. Especially in this case since it appears DG did a pretty good job of getting rid of evidence. I am still surprised he got rid of as much as he did and I still wonder if he didnt bury some remains somewhere else or throw them down a well or something.

Absolutely! I had no clue what I was doing so my posts look pretty crazy. Hopefully everyone is able to follow along. Thanks for taking over, I appreciate what a big job it is.

You did great!

Thank you so much for doing that. I am terrible at it and you did much better than I could. I am always behind and can never keep up with what is going on. LOL

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 2m2 minutes ago
#Garland trial resumes #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 2m2 minutes ago
Two more witnesses coming up at the #Garland trial before it wraps up for the week. Court doesn't sit tomorrow.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Lees was part of a special tactical team that conducts searches throughout the province #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
STO=Special Tactical Operations Team with the RCMP #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Const. Lees is part of a special RCMP unit that among other things does evidence and ground searches. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Lees says the team can be called out on a moment's notice. They are trained in searching for evidence in residences. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Lees-is a part of the "STO team" -a specialized tactical team of approx 110 officers #Garland r

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Lees said in summer 2014 he was part of the Special Tactical Operations team. #Garland #yyc

RCMP Cst. Kyle Lees is up now - in summer of 2014 - was part of special tactical operations team. It's a tactical unit. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 2m2 minutes ago
The STO team conducts special searches using head lamps, extendable mirros and other specialized tools. They always search in pairs #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Lees was on duty July 9/14--partnered with another STO team officer and with approx 8 in #Garland residence

Lees' team searched the #Garland residence when police believed the Likneses and Nathan O'Brien might still be alive.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 2m2 minutes ago
Lees says on July 9th, 2014 he was one of the officers who searched the #Garland residence #yyc

Attended the #Garland home, who along with a partner, searched the residence. Says having a second set of eyes helps.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 38s38 seconds ago
Lees checked the furnace room of the #Garland residence.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Constable Lees describing a search of the #Garland residence basement. He says they always look to make sure there is no danger involved.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Lees was in the #Garland basement's furnace room on July 9th #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
July 9,14 they conducted an evidentiary "void" search of #Garland home, specifically the furnace room #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 50s50 seconds ago

Lees said in furnace room rafters he found a hard drive. Crown said in opening that hard drive had 200 GB research #Garland did for crime

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 58s58 seconds ago

Lees "in the rafters was an unfinished ceiling...I was able to climb up on a table & reach down the joist..noticed something square #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 50s51 seconds ago

This is the computer hard drive he found hidden in basement rafters #garland @CTVCalgary

[video=twitter;824744112163168257]https://twitter.com/CTVInaSidhu/status/824744112163168257[/video]

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 41s41 seconds ago
Here's another photo of the furnace room where Cst. lees was searching #garland
[video=twitter;824744321916162048]https://twitter.com/CTVInaSidhu/status/824744321916162048[/video]

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 30s31 seconds ago

Lees specifically is testifying about searching this room-the furnace room in basement of #Garland home
[video=twitter;824744743397494784]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/824744743397494784[/video]

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 40s41 seconds ago
Here is a picture of where the hard drive was found in the rafters above the furnace room of the #Garland basement
[video=twitter;824745008406224896]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/824745008406224896[/video]

Const. Lees points out table he had to stand on to reach into the rafters of #Garland basement. Where he found hard drive.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 34s34 seconds ago
Hard drive was sitting on top of ceiling between two joists, court heard. #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214