Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Warren said of the five Toyoto models - some of them date back to 2004 and one was the 2013 Tundra found at the Liknes residence. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
of 80 Toyota models in production around the world, Warren was able to narrow fob down to a match for 5 possible Toyota vehicles #Garland

It seems more and more likely to me that everyone was dressed in street clothes when leaving the L home that night. I'll have to come back to this later. Gotta stay on top of the tweets!

Maybe one of victims had it in their pocket? Seems like a far stretch though considering they were likely in bed sleeping.

I think it would be odd to have it in your pocket while sleeping but possible. Maybe he fell asllep on his clothes?

Could DG have taken the key fob with the intention of returning right after to take the truck? Make it look like Alvin attacked Kathy that night and then took off in the truck with them. I know.....very far fetched!

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 28s29 seconds ago
Lutz asks if she knows the # of vehicles sold before 2014 with that fob, she doesn't know. Cross exam finished. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 29s30 seconds ago
Same key fob used in five Toyota models from 2004-2016, says Warren. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 32s33 seconds ago
very brief questions-Warren is now finished with her testimony #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 54s55 seconds ago
Warren is now being cross examined by #Garland defence lawyer Jim Lutz

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 42s43 seconds ago

Witness done. Lunch break until 2pm #Garland

Maybe one of victims had it in their pocket? Seems like a far stretch though considering they were likely in bed sleeping.

It was in Alvin's pocket?

They were sleeping so in theory Alvin was either in pajamas, his underwear or naked. People don't usually sleep in their clothes with car keys in their pocket.

When they were abducted though, maybe Alvin was actually taken under his own power and the abductor told Alvin to take some clothes with him. He could have grabbed a nearby shirt and pants which could have had the keys in the pocket.

Not sure what AL would wear to bed in July but I suppose it's possible that he was startled awake and put on his pants before he was confronted, or he was ordered to put on pants while being held with a weapon?

Or perhaps DG wanted to look for something in the Toyota and grabbed the key fob on the way out?

:waitasec:

They were sleeping so in theory Alvin was either in pajamas, his underwear or naked. People don't usually sleep in their clothes with car keys in their pocket.

When they were abducted though, maybe Alvin was actually taken under his own power and the abductor told Alvin to take some clothes with him. He could have grabbed a nearby shirt and pants which could have had the keys in the pocket.

DG may have taken the fob because it could have been used by any of the victims to set the truck alarm off.

Not sure what AL would wear to bed in July but I suppose it's possible that he was startled awake and put on his pants before he was confronted, or he was ordered to put on pants while being held with a weapon?

Or perhaps DG wanted to look for something in the Toyota and grabbed the key fob on the way out?

:waitasec:

Or in a panic maybe Alvin grabbed it while looking for his cell phone. I still think DG put alvin's cell phone in that cardboard box somehow.

DG may have taken the fob because it could have been used by any of the victims to set the truck alarm off.

That makes sense. It was parked in the driveway so it would have woken neighbours. We know DG planned enough to turn off the wifi so it's not a stretch that he thought of that too.

Brilliant! Would he have thought of that?

Maybe Alvin feel asleep clothed in front of the tv.

I've never heard if any of the L's or N's footwear was missing from the L home. I'd be interested in knowing that.

Which is how we want them to look at it. I never followed the case so I'm kind of looking at it the same as the jury too. And after seeing all those things, I really want to know how he destroyed the stuff that he likely did use. The defence has not convinced me that the stuff on that farm has an innocent explanation in context to what we've been told about the hacksaw and the meat hooks.

MOO

IMO
This is what has convinced me of his guilt the most. Below from article. All the rest is just supporting evidence to me. Once the DNA experts testify it will become clearer for the jury. Im a little surprised the prosecuters didnt have the DNA people testify right after some of the other witnesses. I guess they have a planned order of things.

"Oxton testified that he conducted tests on Garland’s green Ford F150 truck. Using a presumptive test called Blue Star—where a chemical is sprayed making blood glow— Oxton said he got positive results for blood on numerous areas of the truck including the bed, tailgate and license plate."

"Exhibits collected were sent away for DNA testing, according to Oxton. Court is expecting to hear from a DNA expert in charge of testing in this case and about the results of those tests later in the trial."

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgar...amongst-debris-ash-pit-from-garland-farm.html

IMO
This is what has convinced me of his guilt the most. Below from article. All the rest is just supporting evidence to me. Once the DNA experts testify it will become clearer for the jury. Im a little surprised the prosecuters didnt have the DNA people testify right after some of the other witnesses. I guess they have a planned order of things.

"Oxton testified that he conducted tests on Garland’s green Ford F150 truck. Using a presumptive test called Blue Star—where a chemical is sprayed making blood glow— Oxton said he got positive results for blood on numerous areas of the truck including the bed, tailgate and license plate."

"Exhibits collected were sent away for DNA testing, according to Oxton. Court is expecting to hear from a DNA expert in charge of testing in this case and about the results of those tests later in the trial."

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgar...amongst-debris-ash-pit-from-garland-farm.html
And the defence didn't question Oxton on any of the really compelling evidence like the blood in the truck, the DNA, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

That makes sense. It was parked in the driveway so it would have woken neighbours. We know DG planned enough to turn off the wifi so it's not a stretch that he thought of that too.

In this situation though, Garland (or the abductor) would have either had to have seen the keys at some point while in the house, would have had to have known where the keys are usually kept or would have had to have asked Alvin for the keys right away.

I think it would be odd to have it in your pocket while sleeping but possible. Maybe he fell asllep on his clothes?

Could DG have taken the key fob with the intention of returning right after to take the truck? Make it look like Alvin attacked Kathy that night and then took off in the truck with them. I know.....very far fetched!

NOT so far fetched compared to what we've seen.

I'm a scientist and very analytical by nature. I can fairly easily look at things objectively and adjust my thinking based on available information.

You would make a great juror.

I have difficulty doing that. Once I get an idea of what went down I tend to try to force the evidence to fit what I am thinking which is not a good thing to do when judging a case. I would make a terrible juror.

I might be a bit late when we resume at 2:00MT, if so, hopefully someone can pick up the tweets for us.

This trial is ruling my days.... what have I become!?

:facepalm::laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member