Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there was no bulb in the interior of the truck so the light would not come on when the door opened. Would a truck that year have running lights?

Are we sure they were saying that date for the hard drive because this picture of the document i think has 2005 on the document.

https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/824746161252675584/photo/1

The picture of the hard drive sticker was tweeted and has the date 2005. This certificate is dated 2001.

I doubt that hard drive being so old could do much for storing video and pics etc. Unless the shell of the computer was different from what was inside.That would be sneaky...

WARNING graphic. I had a horrible thought while I was sleeping: With regards to the warning given to the family about the computer forensics coming on MOnday- I WOnder if he make video and or pictures or kept notes of doing an "autopsy"🤐
There are others having nightmares about this horrifying case. 😕

It is likely, IMO, that the narcissistic pr**k did film what he did.

Whatever he was up to with his computer etc. - next week is going to be brutal testimony no doubt.

JMO

Nice pic of Alvin and Kathy... and Nathan looks more mature in this picture than many of the others.
[video=twitter;824660332870135808]https://twitter.com/MetroLucie/status/824660332870135808[/video]
Lovely. Thank-you for posting.

20170126_190533.png

Let's be mindful that the truck was a source of evidence too. That is really good evidence.
Not to mention the meat hooks with Kathy's DNA, and the hacksaw with Alvin and little Nathan.

[emoji20]

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 30s31 seconds ago

Lees specifically is testifying about searching this room-the furnace room in basement of #Garland home
[video=twitter;824744743397494784]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/824744743397494784[/video]

Stock pile paper towels much??? Another example of his hoarding skills?

Stock pile paper towels much??? Another example of his hoarding skills?

I would guess that was his parents stock piling toilet paper and paper towel. My mom, who would be 86 had such stock piles + TIDE!! My parents also had lots of food on hand. I think it is a characteristic of people who lived through the depression and war.

As he clearly planned this, he most likely wore a one piece suit and gloves so he didnt leave fingerprints or hair at the L house. He was careful. Not innocent, but careful not to leave any incriminating evidence.

I am beginning to think that maybe DG has all these fetishes or 'preferences' (whatever you'd like to call them), but perhaps did not bring them into play for this kidnapping and murder. They could all be red herrings - the shoes, diapers, straightjacket, wigs, all of these things. Thoughts?
Chemicals to aid with disposal, chloroform, some method of restraint - yes, but the rest, I'm not sure about.
Does anyone else think that perhaps the murders were just that, murders (and body disposal), and that none of the other (sideshow) stuff actually comes into play?
Just pondering, I'm not committed to this.
I think we will definitely get the answer next week.
All MOO

I would guess that was his parents stock piling toilet paper and paper towel. My mom, who would be 86 had such stock piles + TIDE!! My parents also had lots of food on hand. I think it is a characteristic of people who lived through the depression and war.

I agree with this. But the other buildings and garage looked like hoarders

I am beginning to think that maybe DG has all these fetishes or 'preferences' (whatever you'd like to call them), but perhaps did not bring them into play for this kidnapping and murder. They could all be red herrings - the shoes, diapers, straightjacket, wigs, all of these things. Thoughts?
Chemicals to aid with disposal, chloroform, some method of restraint - yes, but the rest, I'm not sure about.
Does anyone else think that perhaps the murders were just that, murders (and body disposal), and that none of the other (sideshow) stuff actually comes into play?
Just pondering, I'm not committed to this.
I think we will definitely get the answer next week.
All MOO

I have wondered that all along. I'm still inclined to believe that the victims were mortally wounded at the Liknes house, transported under sheets in the back of a pickup truck, taken to Airdrie acreage, dismembered, and incinerated. I think the rest of it (the paraphernalia) is fantasy where he collected artifacts to act out those fantasies. Imagine him prancing around with a blond wig, 1/180 pairs of shoes, restraints, dagger, knife, autopsy tools - like a maniac.

Not to mention the meat hooks with Kathy's DNA, and the hacksaw with Alvin and little Nathan.

[emoji20]

Earlier in the tweets from when the defence did their cross exam. Did they say that either the hacksaw was not tested for prints or it was and non were on it? I am kinda thinking he was extremely cautious at the al house, maybe didn't quiet have time to finish cleaning but from the witness it looked like he left nothing to tie himself to the kidnapping/murder there. Then at the Garlands it seems he ran our of time to finish getting rid of things but I don't think he thought his truck would be linked to the crime scene. Really I feel it wasn't for the truck on camera and the sister calling it in, we could still be wondering who did it and what happened...

I have wondered that all along. I'm still inclined to believe that the victims were mortally wounded at the Liknes house, transported under sheets in the back of a pickup truck, taken to Airdrie acreage, dismembered, and incinerated. I think the rest of it (the paraphernalia) is fantasy where he collected artifacts to act out those fantasies. Imagine him prancing around with a blond wig, 1/180 pairs of shoes, restraints, dagger, knife, autopsy tools - like a maniac.

Unless there is video or pictures will we even know for sure? His lawyer already brought up the possibility of it being collections. And the straight jacket only had his DNA. Also wondering why they didn't test the diaper in the closet. If it had been washed couldn't you still get DNA from it?

Unless there is video or pictures will we even know for sure? His lawyer already brought up the possibility of it being collections. And the straight jacket only had his DNA. Also wondering why they didn't test the diaper in the closet. If it had been washed couldn't you still get DNA from it?

Chances are the reusable diaper in his room was only worn by him. If he used diapers for A or K he would have used the disposable ones found in the outbuilding near the burn pit and then burned the used diapers.

I believe the hacksaw and meat hooks were only tested for DNA.

Plain murder and disposal of bodies only? It is possible, especially if his how-to books (eg how to get away with murder) suggests removing the victim's body if an unexpected fight ensues, and your DNA or clothes fibers may be found on the victim. But why didn't he just get a gun, make a silencer and shoot them? He knew he was going to face two adults and AL was a big man. He could have legally bought a gun by using his fake ID, or perhaps had contacts in his former meth business. I suspect he knew some shady characters.

There was no need to bring his truck right into their driveway and risk detection unless he had planned on taking them to the farm regardless of any complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214