Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day, Garland went down the rabbit hole of revenge. He could never again find his way out. A fraction of what he experienced in his self-made rabbit hole of hell is documented on the hard drive. Obsessively fixating on a perceived wrong, combined with an inability to take socially appropriate action, left him in a fantasy world that I wouldn't want to visit or even view from a distance.

:goodpost:

BBM - I suspect there are several books in progress.

I think Websleuths needs to be included in the references of any book because so much of the early information was first sleuthed by members here.

It appears that way for sure since he incorporated Kathy Liknes into his scenario. Her part in his plan is one of the things I keep rolling around in my head. Did he use her JUST to get to Alvin or....did he have fantasies about her and decided that he'd kill two birds with one stone?

So much to think about.

I've been thinking about this as well and think that during the course of his planning, DG developed an unhealthy obsession with KL. Perhaps even thought she should be with him rather than AL.

I think Websleuths needs to be included in the references of any book because so much of the early information was first sleuthed by members here.

I agree! The man-hours spent sleuthing, researching and mapping are incredible. We had even had area photographers on the street in the Liknes neighbourhood. Many here had the motive pegged long before media.

No doubt there are potential authors here with us as well LE and MSM reading along (most likely since the beginning).

I do wish a verified MSM and a verified Canadian Legal system person would join in. Heck, we could also use a cyber security person, a psychologist and, and, and.... however we do quite well on our own!

It appears that way for sure since he incorporated Kathy Liknes into his scenario. Her part in his plan is one of the things I keep rolling around in my head. Did he use her JUST to get to Alvin or....did he have fantasies about her and decided that he'd kill two birds with one stone?

So much to think about

I am holding out hope that none of them survived past leaving their own house. I hate that I have to wish that but I think it is better that way because there is no telling yet what he may have done once he got them to the farm.

I am not sure if the evidence will be able to determine if they survived leaving their home.

I am struggling to know if he killed the others just to get rid of witnesses or was he purposely trying to kill his wife too.
I think most of us agreed the boy was not planned for and unfortunately just happened to be there that day.

I am afraid of the possibility that DG did know NO was in that house and proceeded anyway. Maybe even thought of it as lucky as he could use this as an opportunity to cause AL even more pain and suffering.

I agree! The man-hours spent sleuthing, researching and mapping are incredible. We had even had area photographers on the street in the Liknes neighbourhood. Many here had the motive pegged long before media.

No doubt there are potential authors here with us as well LE and MSM reading along (most likely since the beginning).

I do wish a verified MSM and a verified Canadian Legal system person would join in. Heck, we could also use a cyber security person, a psychologist and, and, and.... however we do quite well on our own!

I want to thank all the people that followed this case from the beginning.

I only stumbled onto the trial right as it was starting and it sounded very interesting and the more I learned about what happened the more interesting it has gotten. Now I am on the edge of my seat LOL

I have read back through lots of the older news links and some of the older threads and it really is a fascinating case.

I'm a travel manager. I can become verified and plan our vacation once all
Is said and done [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young teens and pre-teens also have access to this material. One child I knew at the time found the website and became obsessed. He had a total breakdown and needed extensive counselling.
They seem to know exactly how to find it. It's another topic altogether, but I strongly think these types of images should censored. (In a perfect world).

I am holding out hope that none of them survived past leaving their own house. I hate that I have to wish that but I think it is better that way because there is no telling yet what he may have done once he got them to the farm.

I am not sure if the evidence will be able to determine if they survived leaving their home.

I am struggling to know if he killed the others just to get rid of witnesses or was he purposely trying to kill his wife too.
I think most of us agreed the boy was not planned for and unfortunately just happened to be there that day.
I'm not sure how you can hold out hope when LE and the Crown have stated that they were killed on the farm?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I think there was mention of the trial being 5 weeks long. In my view saving the most damaging proof until the end gives it the most punch and keeps this fresh in the minds of the jurors. As previously mentioned, there are a multitude of witnesses and having them come multiple times through the course of the trial impacts their ability to continue forensic work they are doing on other cases. I personally am impressed at the amount of evidence they did accumulate and have to present. This has been a long process - I often see members online with a join date of July 2014 and think they might be like me - I signed up to WS during NO's amber alert and hoped for a miracle to bring him back to his parents. Now I can only hope that justice is served and DG is convicted of the crimes I believe he is responsible for.

True. Also Crown is building their case. It's an iterative process. For everything they introduce there will be an expert witness to testify as to the veracity of the evidence. Some of it will be irrefutable and as we have seen some of it will be challenged. So far, very little has been challenged.

Young teens and pre-teens also have access to this material. One child I knew at the time found the website and became obsessed. He had a total breakdown and needed extensive counselling.
They seem to know exactly how to find it. It's another topic altogether, but I strongly think these types of images should censored. (In a perfect world).

OT but important

JMO
I so agree. Maybe a new thread can be opened in the basement general discussion area. Its an important topic. The internet in general is horrible in that way. I remember years ago how a kid brought a National Geographic to school and got in trouble. How tame is that compared to todays internet.

Nowadays it is limitless the amount of material that should be censored from young kids being able to see it. With smart cell phones these days kids have access to everything and its not a good thing for society IMO.
Their young minds get corrupted and begin to think some things are normal when they are surely not.

I have to think that some of our society downfall is because of it. No answers but wish something could be done.

"garotte in use made me think very hard about how we all wondered how such a man could get 2 adults out of that house alive. Pure speculation on my part, but he had multiple images (1 image contained at least 20 inner images) of various ways to use it. "

Hi, Female, and thanks so much. I'm interested in the comment you made about the garotte, and how it could help get the 3 victims outside. What are you thinking about that?

One of the images saved on his computer depicted the garotte being used as a sort of leash to lead the victim with. Picture showed victim in front with garotte around neck, perpetrator holding the leash like end and leading victim with it and a hand placed on victims back. So essentially walk or you get strangled.

Sorry it's slightly graphic yet hard to explain.

I'm not sure how you can hold out hope when LE and the Crown have stated that they were killed on the farm?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I must have missed that being said by them. Wonder how they will prove that.

We know he took the victims on June 29th. What is the exact day of the aerial photos of their bodies? Was it July 2nd? That is 2 days. As hard as it is to think about it I don't believe he was just hanging out with dead bodies for those two days. If they had died at the home before they got to the farm then he would have started the grisly task of dismembering right away.

One of the images saved on his computer depicted the garotte being used as a sort of leash to lead the victim with. Picture showed victim in front with garotte around neck, perpetrator holding the leash like end and leading victim with it and a hand placed on victims back. So essentially walk or you get strangled.

Sorry it's slightly graphic yet hard to explain.

Everything about this case seems to be graphic. I know what you are saying and can picture it in my head though.

We know he took the victims on June 29th. What is the exact day of the aerial photos of their bodies? Was it July 2nd? That is 2 days. As hard as it is to think about it I don't believe he was just hanging out with dead bodies for those two days. If they had died at the home before they got to the farm then he would have started the grisly task of dismembering right away.

Possibly. But he also may have had to wait on his parents to either leave or be in a part of the house where they could not see what he was doing. So I am not sure that is conclusive enough to know one way or the other.

You are right that the time of that airial photo will be important. I hope they list a date and time of it when they show that evidence.

What was the neighbour's testimony regarding the burning barrel - I don't recall exactly. That will be our clue as to when his "disposal" of the victims was in progress. If we work backwards from that, I think we will find Canada Day was D-Day. Just guessing but he had plenty of time. All day June 30th, All day July 1, all day July 2 & possibly even most of July 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18