Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Martin
‏ @KMartinCourts

[h=1]Jurors now retiring to determine if they wish to recommend consecutive periods of parole ineligibility. #Garland[/h]
Kevin Martin‏ @KMartinCourts
[h=1]#Garland subject to minimum punishment of life without parole for 25 years, but that could be increased to up to 75 years.[/h]
Kevin Martin‏ @KMartinCourts
[h=1]Jury will now retire to determine if they want to make a recommendation Garland's parole ineligibilities should be consecutive. #Garland[/h]

Nancy Hixt‏ @NancyHixt
[h=1]Jurors being sent back into jury room to discuss parole recommendations-told they don't have to-but they have the opportunity #Garland[/h]
Nancy Hixt‏ @NancyHixt
[h=1]Douglas #Garland has been found guilty of three counts of first degree murder in deaths of Nathan O'Brien, Alvin & Kathy Liknes[/h]
Nancy Hixt‏ @NancyHixt
[h=1]Justice David Gates tells jury they don't need to be unanimous in this recommendation-he just wants to poll them #Garland[/h]
Nancy Hixt‏ @NancyHixt
[h=1]Jury being asked for their recommendation on parole for #Garland -if consecutive could be life no chance of parole for 75 years[/h]
Nancy Hixt‏ @NancyHixt
[h=1]#Garland will automatically receive a life sentence -up for debate is the parole eligibility-if they should be consecutive or concurrent[/h]
Nancy Hixt‏ @NancyHixt
[h=1]Tears, hugging...so emotional-- the family is obviously relieved the jury has found #Garland guilty of 3 counts 1st degree murder[/h]

I rushed home to hear the verdict!! Yes!!!! My vote is for no parole for 75 years!

attachment.php

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/07/16/green-balloons-calgary-nathan-obrien_n_5591523.html

Attachments

• Balloons.jpg
    Balloons.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 223
Come to think of it, he's convicted of 3 murders, but the torture hasn't been accounted for.

If you shot 3 people dead, wouldn't you get the same sentences? This one deserves much more.

CBC is doing an excellent job of summarizing trial.

Please jury - I begged you once and you came through.. Just one more 75 years.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 9s10 seconds ago
Jurors in #Garland trial about to give their recommendations for sentencing #yyc

If you shot 3 people dead, wouldn't you get the same sentences? This one deserves much more.

I think this might be where the consecutive sentences/parole (or not) comes into play?

Kevin Martin ‏@KMartinCourts · 48s49 seconds ago
Jury now coming back for the last time.

Hallelujah! ❤❤❤❤❤

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

CBC is doing an excellent job of summarizing trial.

Please jury - I begged you once and you came through.. Just one more 75 years.

I don't think this jury will have any problem recommending consecutive. They got to 3 counts of first degree pretty quickly. No one wants even the slightest chance of this man being released back into their community I'm sure.

MOO

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt now27 seconds ago
Jury coming back in now. They have been asked to make parole recommendation for #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 12s12 seconds ago
Jury foreperson says they've decided: 10 jurors have recommended consecutive sentences and 2 have no opinion #Garland #yyc

Kevin Martin Verified account 
‏@KMartinCourts
Jury recommends consecutive periods of parole ineligibility. Not binding on judge.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland now23 seconds ago
Jury says 10 of the jurors recommend #Garland serve consecutive 3 sentences - the other two had no opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton