Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Defence lawyer Kim Ross has returned to the courtroom. Statements should be starting in a few moments. #Garland

I shall flip my lid of they have issues with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 34s35 seconds ago
As family of victims sit waiting, so does Douglas #Garland in prisoner's box, watching Justice Gates with no discernible expression.

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 46s47 seconds ago
Still waiting for everything to begin. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 47s48 seconds ago
#Garland has sat the whole time his lawyer was out of court looking in the direction of Justice Gates.

Whenever I hear of T5 staring I think of the "Care Bears" and the care bear stare count down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 42s42 seconds ago
Defence argues against some comments made in some of the statements.
Asking them to be excluded.
#Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 53s53 seconds ago
Defence lawyer Alias Sanders (standing in for Jim Lutz) taking issue with some of what she found in victim impact statements #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 31s31 seconds ago
There are comments about the character of the accused and what the appropriate sentence should be, says Sanders. #Garland

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 49s49 seconds ago
Defence says they have issues with statements, as they deal with the crime and sentence. They argue parts should be removed. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 54s54 seconds ago
Comments about the character and nature of the accused, and a few particulars of the offences. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 39s39 seconds ago
Rod and Jennifer O'Brien will read their own statements
Nancy Liknes and Jeff Liknes statements will be read by Crown

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 53s54 seconds ago
Crown said yesterday there would be 5 victim impact statements...sounds like maybe only 4 #Garland

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 58s59 seconds ago
Justice Gates will read the victim impact statements before making call on what can and cannot be read in courtroom. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Crown: says victims can talk about how some of the particulars of the offence impacted them. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 29s29 seconds ago
Justice Gates now reading statements from Rod and Jennifer O'Brien to determine if they have inappropriate content. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 47s47 seconds ago
With defence lawyer Jim Lutz away, Kim Ross has colleague Alias Sanders speaking on the statements. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Crown prosecutor Vicki Faulkner says she disagrees with some of the issues raised by the defence. #Garland Gates now reading statements.

[video=twitter;832646153569054720]https://twitter.com/MetroLucie/status/832646153569054720[/video]

[video=twitter;832646482784235520]https://twitter.com/MetroLucie/status/832646482784235520[/video]

This is ridiculous. Let the victims read their statements and express their feelings toward this monster. He has taken so much from them already, don't take this from them too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Lucas Meyer Retweeted Lucas Meyer
Details about the crime, certain perceptive characteristics about the offender are also excluded #Garland #yyc

For example, victim impact statements should not address what the offender should receive as a sentence ...

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 57s58 seconds ago
Defence lawyer Alias Sanders stepping in for Jim Lutz today. She's citing case law about material not allowed in victim statements #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
A statement from Nancy Liknes, who is Alvin's daughter, will also be read by the Crown #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Judge David Gates has reviewed the statements. Defence is reading some case law for their argument. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 47s47 seconds ago
Sanders citing criminal code section dealing with what should not be contained in victim impact statements. #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129