Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 55s55 seconds ago
Gates tells Sanders "Mr. Garland is not going to dictate what the victims have to say about this case" #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 57s57 seconds ago
Gates: Mr. #Garland is not going to dictate what victims say in this case. #YYC

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
"Mr. Garland is not going to dictate what the victims say," says Gates. #Garland

Every judge I've encountered in Canada has been amazing. Even for my troubled son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
The composure of the victims' families, three full rows, is astounding as they witness these proceedings. #Garland

sorry , that last one was bigger than I intended...

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 2m2 minutes ago
Douglas #Garland now reading victim impact statements in prisoner's box.

Um What is this right? I get the lawyers pre-reading, but DG?
This is disgraceful

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Imagine how embarrassing it would be walking to the copier now. Hahah

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 36s36 seconds ago
'What's objectionable abt. that?' Justice Gates asks as defence cites specific paragraphs in victim impact statements. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 50s50 seconds ago
Sanders (defence for #Garland) argues families shouldn't be allowed to reference his character

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Defence now taking Justice Gates through portions of statement from Jeff Liknes that they feel should be removed. #Garland #yyc

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 54s55 seconds ago
"You're not going to decide this for me, Mr. #Garland is not going to decide this for me,' Justice Gates.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 59s60 seconds ago
"This is what he thinks. I don't agree with your objection on this one," says Gates. #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
"I'm going to decide ... you're not going to decide this for me.. this is what he thinks" says judge about one statement. #Garland

Michael Platt
@SUNMichaelPlatt
Defence still calling #Garland the "accused". Isn't "the killer" more accurate at this point? #yyc
10:48 AM - 17 Feb 2017

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 33s33 seconds ago
Gates: "tell me what your objection is?" He is getting annoyed with defence fighting the victim impact statements #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
"That she explained it to her child? What is the issue with that?" says Gates of defence issue with Nancy Liknes statement #Garland

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 1m1 minute ago
Justice asks what is objection to next statement: about one victim explaining the killings to her child. #Garland

Too bad the Liknes couldn't remove parts of the crimes committed against his family.

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 29s30 seconds ago
'My ruling is it's going in,' Justice Gates. He's rejected two defence objections so far. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 40s41 seconds ago
Justice Gates has just indicated he intends to make a statement as well (obviously not a victim impact statement) #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 48s49 seconds ago
"characterizing the nature of this offence" is what defence takes issue with. Gates says he agrees w the statement #Garland "Next," he adds.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 34s35 seconds ago
Sanders now objecting to a line in Rod O'Brien's statement about the sentence and/or punishment. #Garland

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 35s36 seconds ago
"Well I have no control over God," Justice Gates as defence objects to allusions to religion in two victim impact statements. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 45s46 seconds ago
On part in victim impact statement about the Almighty, Gates says:
Well I have no control over God. #yyc #Garland

I'm dying to read your guys' comments but can't refresh right now!

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 1m1 minute ago
Defence says "ultimate Devine punishment" in Jennifer O'Brien's statement is also a concern. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Defence concerned about reference to "divine punishment"- and wants it removed from Jen O'Brien's statement. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 2m2 minutes ago
Anyone who expected this sentencing hearing would be wrapped up in a timely manner is going to be very disappointed. #Garland

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 29s30 seconds ago
'My ruling is it's going in,' Justice Gates. He's rejected two defence objections so far. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 40s41 seconds ago
Justice Gates has just indicated he intends to make a statement as well (obviously not a victim impact statement) #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 48s49 seconds ago
"characterizing the nature of this offence" is what defence takes issue with. Gates says he agrees w the statement #Garland "Next," he adds.
Definitely staring a fan club now, I love this guy! What a huge contrast from what's been in the news lately!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Time for judge Gates to use his comment sense statement towards defense lawyers. Jeepers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892