Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calgary police now say they are searching for information on a truck. Investigators say the driver may have more information about the disappearance of Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents Alvin and Kathrn Liknes. The truck is a late-80's or early-90's green Ford F150 and seems to be in good condition. You can see a photo of the truck on our website. They also say they have received hundreds of tips since the trio went missing.

Corus Entertainment
#170 200 Barclay Parade SW
Calgary AB Canada
T2P-4R5
You are receiving this email because You subscribed via NEWS TALK 770

The grandmother was mentioned in first Amber Alert report, was she not?
I know some reports leave her out, while others have her in.
Bad reporting, maybe?

Yes, she was always mentioned, however the wording was unusual. The Amber Alert said that Nathan may be with his grandfather.

Calgary police now say they are searching for information on a truck. Investigators say the driver may have more information about the disappearance of Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents Alvin and Kathrn Liknes. The truck is a late-80's or early-90's green Ford F150 and seems to be in good condition. You can see a photo of the truck on our website. They also say they have received hundreds of tips since the trio went missing.

Corus Entertainment
#170 200 Barclay Parade SW
Calgary AB Canada
T2P-4R5
You are receiving this email because You subscribed via NEWS TALK 770

Seen on camera footage I guess?

Lease was up end of June I believe.

Selling the house in December under price is also an indication that there was some rush to get away.

I agree. The house was sold in Dec when housing sales and prices are down. If they intended to live there until June, they should have sold in June as it would have meant another $100,000 in their pocket. I know someone that was interested in making an offer on a property mid-June in Calgary. The asking price was $470,000. That was also the Tax Assessment Value. The house sold in a day with multiple offers pushing the sale price to $570,000.

The fact that this couple sold at the wrong time for the wrong price might mean that they wanted to hide the assets before anyone could put a lien on the property. That they remained in the property for another 6 months suggests that they wanted everyone to believe that they still owned the property and that nothing had changed.

Some questions that come to mind are: was someone owed money and the couple was abducted to try to get some of the money, was there some sort of domestic situation where one grandparent wanted all the assets, or did they want to vanish without a trace to avoid financial problems?

Police seemed less concerned yesterday in the press conference, so perhaps there is less concern about a violent assault and more concern about a voluntary disappearance. The problem with a voluntary disappearance is the missing grandchild.

If the grandparents did in fact take off to run from their financial issues, why take Nathan?

That truck doesn't look big enough for a driver and three passengers.

It would depend on if there are seats in the back, which it looks like there could be.
Then 4 people could definitely fit in that truck.

I believe this is a 1993 Ford f150 XLT regular cab dark highland green. The cab would not comfortably seat 3 adults and a child. Comfortably being the operative word.

It would depend on if there are seats in the back, which it looks like there could be.
Then 4 people could definitely fit in that truck.

What do you mean seats in the back? That is a regular cab pickup. There is no seats in back, unless you mean in the box.

Yes, she was always mentioned, however the wording was unusual. The Amber Alert said that Nathan may be with his grandfather.

I thought it meant that the grandmother might have been injured, and Nathan would have gone with his grandfather to get help.

I wonder if the police believe this vehicle was involved in the crime or if they only think this person maybe saw something that could be of help? I hope they give more info in that regard at the PC this afternoon.

And the driver would not be able to control 3 individuals while driving. May have scoped things out earlier and come back later with accomplices and another vehicle?

I wonder if LE has been able to see if it's an Alberta plate or otherwise. That's a fairly distinct truck and surely somebody will recognize it. :praying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie