Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the driver would not be able to control 3 individuals while driving. May have scoped things out earlier and come back later with accomplices and another vehicle?
Or this person may be on camera at the sale but not coming forward. May be completely innocent?

Thank goodness they released the truck picture. I expect they will know who this is in short order (if they don't already)

(not currently appreciating the new format, maybe I AM getting old)

Police say they spoke to about 75 people who were at an estate sale over the weekend and believe there are dozens more that were there.

http://www.newstalk770.com/2014/07/04/police-searching-for-trucks-driver-in-amber-alert-investigation/

My gut feeling here is the simplest explanation is most likely - meaning that their financial issues, and side businesses have nothing to do with their disappearance.

Likely, if that truck is involved, someone was out for cash and went by afterwards to either rob them knowing they had just had a large sale (or rob the premises since they were advertising an "estate sale" which is usually to mean the person selling goods is deceased) and expected to find an empty house.

To me it all sounds like a robbery gone horribly wrong - Nathan was in the wrong place, wrong time.

If that truck is involved, the only way they were carrying two more adults and a kids is probably in the back with a tarp to cover them. If this wasn't planned, then maybe sheets, or a tarp or plastic is missing from the house and LE knows this too.

If they have footage of the truck in the neighbourhood, I wonder if they have it again on camera with something in the back once they left.

I thought there was a press conference at 2pm? Is it over or does anyone have a link?

Thank goodness they released the truck picture. I expect they will know who this is in short order (if they don't already)

(not currently appreciating the new format, maybe I AM getting old)

Agreed. How many 25 year old good condition green Ford trucks are still on the road? Given the profile of the case they should be able to zone in on this pretty quickly.

You could easily fit 3 adults and a young child (lap or whatever) in a pickup truck such as this.

Is this the first lead in the case. I was also wondering about the quote "less of a mystery". What's up with that?

Fwiw, you can fit a lot of people in the back of the truck....

Also interesting that the camera footage of the truck is in the DAYTIME when the last time they were seen was 10pm. If this is indeed the suspect's vehicle than maybe they were scoping it out during the day.

Maybe caught on camera in the vicinity of the house after 10pm and possibly may have witnessed something without even realizing it was a crime taking place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle