Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not keen on this format :-(

I like the old one better.

Maybe, I'm getting old too. I find this one hard to read. My eyes are all over the place on this.

MOO

That would be called a "super cab" .. with a small seat behind the driver/passenger seat. That truck does not appear to be a super cab; there would be an additional narrow window seen behind the driver's side window.

Last count, only something like 30 or so people out of approx. 300 had shown up at the hall yesterday, and of the remaining approx. 270 people, they want to talk to this one? May be innocent, but sure has sparked LE's interest for some reason.

ETA: Those numbers were updated in today's article:

http://www.news1130.com/2014/07/04/...nection-with-disappearance-of-calgary-family/

On Thursday, investigators spoke with about 75 people at a community centre who attended the estate sale at the grandparents’ residence on the weekend.

Investigators believe there were more than 200 people at the sale and continue to ask anyone who may have attended to give them a call.

1pm Pacific (BC) .. in about 50 minutes

While googling AL, I found an article, however, it doesn't allow me to copy and paste.

The heading is Parkhill News Spring08 - Parkhill Stanley Park

Scroll down to Crime Watch - Beware! Could this person be the perp -- six years later?

This is the L's neighbourhood.

Last count, only something like 30 or so people out of approx. 300 had shown up at the hall yesterday, and of the remaining approx. 270 people, they want to talk to this one? May be innocent, but sure has sparked LE's interest for some reason.

CPS is usually very quick to tell the public they are not at risk, that this was not a random crime. We have had a few home invasions in recent memory and the public has been put at ease promptly.

This has not happened yet with this case.

Pure rumor and opinion - this case is topic #1 with my friends in Calgary right now. It keeps coming up with everyone I bump into. It might be that we are parents of young children, but this case has people scared. Something about it is creeping people out.

I hope that if this is a robbery gone wrong, that the perp didn't panic when they realised Nathan was there and harm him is he couldn't identify them. Ugh, I just want everyone to be okay. :(

LE want to talk to the driver of this truck. Was there two vehicles involved? Did the perps show up in this green truck and then also use AL's truck returning it at dawn? Interesting that they would haul away AL's truck? LE must have good indication AL's truck is somehow connected and holds evidence. Would be helpful to know when the image of this green Ford was captured; Saturday or Sunday or possible early dawn Monday. Could be it was captured many times via surveillance. Maybe the one perp went with AL to the bank in his truck, while the other truck carried KL and NO. This way the perps could hold KL and NO as ransom to make certain AL followed through on their demands. The perps took the three missing somewhere while the perps returned AL's truck and the second truck followed to pick up the perp driving AL's truck back home? But where are AL, KL and little Nathan? I'm not having a good feeling about all of this..sorry. :'( MOO.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 211
Is that a green truck in the driveway in google maps?
Never mind. It's a green car.

Why does Nathans mother keep talking past tense . Example" Nathan and his grandmother were best friends". I caught her twice using past tense.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/missin...-emotional-plea-for-their-superhero-1.1895317

I am not suggesting the mother is involved but mothers do have intuition and maybe she feels her son or her mother is no longer with us?

Well she saw the house that morning. If that was really blood what has been described as drag marks, she might have a strong feeling that one of her parents is dead.

To me it looks like the small blue/green sedan that you can see in the street view Google image showing the front. (I remember thinking - they sure upgraded to a pretty nice grey truck that is now parked there in 2014).

Looks like a car to me .... if you look there is a white looks like Chevy Avalanche on the road and another truck you can clearly see the box of the truck

Not to mention what state the inside of the house was in, or if there was blood inside as well?

Yes, probably conflicted between what she knows is a likelihood and what she wants so hard to believe :(

I hope that if this is a robbery gone wrong, that the perp didn't panic when they realised Nathan was there and harm him is he couldn't identify them. Ugh, I just want everyone to be okay. :(

I'm not so sure that Nathan wouldn't be able to identify them. I mean he's 5, not 2. I think he could describe a person.

Like some others here I have a bad feeling ... :(

I'm not so sure that Nathan wouldn't be able to identify them. I mean he's 5, not 2. I think he could describe a person.

Makes me feel so sick. What kind of animal could ever hurt a child?

BBM and I agree Wondergirl. Us old people don't do well with change hehehe. ;) (not currently appreciating the new format, maybe I AM getting old)

Sheesh someone should be able to assist with helping to track this truck and it's owner. It's approximately 30 years old. I'm sure there aren't that many of those old trucks out there still on the road. JMO.

Live presser here at link.

The truck is described as:
A late 1980s or early '90s Ford 150.
Green.
Appears to have been kept in very good condition.
It's expected that police will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. MT Friday, but it's not clear what information will be available at the time.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...t-police-seek-ford-truck-and-driver-1.2696527

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/c.../9998667/story.html?google_editors_picks=true

Fortney: Excruciating wait for news of missing family

By Val Fortney, Calgary Herald July 4, 2014 11:26 AM ....

Watching the scene from his home across the street, John Hall says he also feels frustrated and worried.

“Alvin is my kind of guy, everybody likes him,” says the retired house builder, Alvin Liknes’ neighbour of seven years.

“We were just chatting in May about him moving to Mexico. I was happy for him, but p ... ed off because I was losing a good neighbour.”

The car could of been the youngest son's Depending on when the photo was taken he may of lived at home as he is in University now.

Yes, I believe an almost 6-year-old would actually make a pretty solid witness, unfortunately. Especially if he was already familiar with the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal