Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree otto ... sure it's an Ontario crime scene but for Jim Smyth to be brought in so suddenly is, IMO, an indication there is a real concern wrt the psychology of who may have committed that crime. Three peeps missing from AB and a vehicle involved, and 3 bodies found in a burned out vehicle in Ontario. Why do you think they aren't connected?

My question would be, why would anyone think they might be connected?

I just personally think it's a huge stretch to associate this in Barrie to the disappearances here in AB.

That being said, the daughter of KL's very good friend had posted on her FB recently (KH) that the OPP were involved in this AB case, and something about them perhaps looking to speak w/ people in London, ON pertaining to this case. Some of us were discussing this last night here. I'd commented then that I thought it odd this family friend was thanking Calgary Police Service, RCMP and the OPP for all they're doing.

So maybe there is some kind of connection to Ontario?

A violent crime - most probably a stabbing? Shooting would probably have been heard.

I'm still thinking about the drag marks. If a lone perp had injured or killed one of the grandparents and then decided to bring the person/body elsewhere ... while they were dragging him or her to a car, what did the other not-injured grandparent do? Why didn't they run off with Nathan? Were they also injured/dead? Or was there more than one perp, one dragging the person/body to a car and one watching the other grandparent?

I'm so frustrated. Everytime I refresh the page, I get knocked off and have to sign in all over again. Ugh.

This case is very concerning....Praying for this family.

Oh and this part.

"Police do not believe this incident is connected to the disappearance of a Calgary boy and his grandparents earlier this week."

“I can confirm, at this point, there's nothing to suggest any relation whatsoever,” Leon said. “The vehicle involved in this, from my understanding, is Ontario plated and there's nothing to suggest otherwise.”

I'm so frustrated. Everytime I refresh the page, I get knocked off and have to sign in all over again. Ugh.

Have you checked off the 'remember me' box just under your login?

Have you checked off the 'remember me' box just under your login?

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure that I did. I think the new format has be shaken up! Set in my ways I guess. Thanks for the tip nitsirk!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder how they know all three left against their will. I wonder if this could be a domestic dispute gone really bad??

I couldn't even access the WS site. I got a "fatal error" message each time. I finally tried clicking on an email alert for a private message to gain access to log in, and that worked. I don't know if others have had this problem, but I reported it to bessie. Early glitches to be worked out.

I didn't have a problem logging on but the Thanks section is a little too big for me as it seems to overpower the posts themselves.

On August 31, 2013 at about 12:20 pm, Killarney RCMP were advised that a car bearing North Dakota, USA plates had illegally entered Canada. It was learned that the driver proceeded through the Lena Port of Entry at a high rate of speed without reporting to Canada Border Services Agency while being pursued by American authorities.

The pursuit was suspended once in Canada. Killarney RCMP were notified of the incident and advised that the suspect was driving a stolen Chevrolet Lumina. Despite immediate patrols of the area, the vehicle could not be located.

At about 3 pm, Blue Hills RCMP were advised that an older model Ford F-150 pickup truck had been stolen from the RM of Whitewater (Souris area) and a car bearing US plates had been left behind. Efforts to locate the pickup truck continued.

At about 3:30 pm, a Portage la Prairie RCMP officer travelling westbound on the Trans-Canada Highway spotted the stolen F-150 pickup going eastbound. The driver managed to elude the officer by turning off and speeding away on a gravel road and taking off on foot. Within a short while, another report of a stolen pickup truck, a white Ford F-350, out of St Francis Xavier was received. Again that vehicle was located in the area and despite efforts to apprehend the suspect, the suspect remains at large.

Hahah. Never mind we both were on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case it hasn't been mentioned here, LE are saying this case and the one in Barrie are NOT connected. HTH.

He would not reveal the make, model or type of vehicle, but he denied that there was a connection to the missing five-year-old Nathan O’Brien and his grandparents in Calgary. “I can confirm for you that it’s not related to the Calgary investigation or anything from Alberta,” Constable Knox said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...d-in-burning-car-near-barrie/article19473368/

I wonder how they know all three left against their will. I wonder if this could be a domestic dispute gone really bad??

At first glance it doesn't seem to be as none of the grandparents' vehicles were missing, but if one did something to the other, that person possibly could have called someone to help. That seems unlikely, but I'm always surprised at how many people seem to have friends or family members they can call to help them dispose of bodies.

4yputa7e.jpg
apparently this is a 1977
Given the act that the one stolen out of ontario isn't mentioned as a two tone one can only assume that hey! It looks just like the one of interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member