Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://injusticebusters.org/index.htm/newstories3.htm

[SIZE=-2]May 31, 1999

[/SIZE]
"He faces charges of impersonation, trafficking in a controlled substance, theft over $5,000, possession of break-in instruments, possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 and obstructing a police officer."

So if he was charged with impersonation in 1999...is identity theft now...a different type of charge?

I have the same thoughts.

Also wondering about how a statute of limitations may come into play here.

Ahhhh..........so then if it's being reported that they're still looking for the green truck obviously the one they picked up from G property was not the same one..........so does that mean he's truly not even involved?

I am wondering if LE is still asking people to come forward to tell if they have seen the Green F150 Truck at other locations...to track its movements up to, during, and after the disappearance of the three family members...

(It seems to me (in tweets) the green truck has been found and confiscated...)

:waitasec:

JMO...

I am so..confused. I thought he did his time for the impersonation and the drug lab. He got off on the Tax problem.

It seems that would be both the south 40 acre parcels....the 2 with tree lined drives and both with buildings on them ....I had assumed the commentator was 'off' in his estimate ...I'd assumed 40-45 acres in the south parcel based on number of acres in a 1/4 section being 160....most parcels are even amounts....40 being VERY common...thus the 1/4 section is then split into 4's of 40 each...either west to east or into 4 equal squares. If they do own both the north & south plots that would make 80 acres. Here's another crude grid I did:
Red - 1/4 section boundaries
Blue - 4 - 40 acre parcels split in 'strips' rather than 1/4'ing *squared*..the 1/4 section....

View attachment 54249

I had assumed in my initial map *which if the Herald is correct in their labelling I will have to amend* that the property was only the front 20 acres *bounded on the east by the 291* ...not the west field and not the property north of my original label....It seems if the Herald is correct....and both parcels are G's...you were right too kittymeow! ;)

The property that is being searched is 40 acres

http://www.arcgis.com/

From the story posted above: "While Garland had already confessed to stealing Matthew Hartley's identity in the 1990s when he was hiding out in Vancouver, the new charge laid this weekend relates to the recent use of that same identity and allows police to keep him remanded in custody until at least tomorrow."

This seems to indicate that he was using the name... again?

story link: http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2698107

If DG's parents are innocent bystanders, that poor couple!! In their 80's, now with all this stress when they should be comfortably enjoying their retirement. I hope this doesn't cause them medical issues, heart attack, stroke, etc and no one blames them for their son's troubles. Even if DG didn't hurt Nathan or the Liknes, this whole ordeal has got to have taken a toll on those parents.

If the family had in essence disowned DG for past mistakes and not supporting him financially, this could explain the old truck scenario whereby he was not driving a newer vehicle. Hypothetically, the haves and the have nots scenario maybe DG was upset with AL having money and future plans and he maybe not having neither.

The green ford might have been an older vehicle, but it was well looked after. I wouldn't assume that the POI was in any way disowned. He was living on the family property and probably helped out a lot with maintenance on the property.

I cant help but go back to thinking that if DG is behind this then any evidence of the people is long gone. His chemical background with drugs and in facilities creating herbicides and pesticides means he has more than a typical working knowledge of chemicals and their uses. The fact that he had 5 days head start and a large farm to spread evidence over is disturbing. Let's hope he was just somehow an accomplice or driver and not the 'mastermind ' behind this. This case is strange because it seems like two cases at times.
It still feels like someone came across the family that day and hastily threw a plan together. But then it has elements from the past that keep popping up and lead us to think it may have been a planned event that somehow the boy just happened to be there for. It's hard to get a read on which path seems most likely at times...

I would think that LE would have to have more on CCTV than the truck in the area for probable cause. They would have had to see the truck in the driveway during the hours that the crime occurred I would think. If they can see the likeness house they may have seen the family be removed from the home.

One photo of the truck was released to the media. The angle on the truck gives a good view into the back of the truck. There may well be more photos of the truck illustrating something in the back of the truck. Either way, a warrant was issued.

I cant help but go back to thinking that if DG is behind this then any evidence of the people is long gone. His chemical background with drugs and in facilities creating herbicides and pesticides means he has more than a typical working knowledge of chemicals and their uses. The fact that he had 5 days head start and a large farm to spread evidence over is disturbing. Let's hope he was just somehow an accomplice or driver and not the 'mastermind ' behind this. This case is strange because it seems like two cases at times.
It still feels like someone came across the family that day and hastily threw a plan together. But then it has elements from the past that keep popping up and lead us to think it may have been a planned event that somehow the boy just happened to be there for. It's hard to get a read on which path seems most likely at times...
I keep getting the feeling that it is all intertwined :( What a mess and still NO sign of the L's and poor little Nathan :( Someone knows where they are or what happened surely! Keep praying for their safe return

With all this new information coming from LE about DG what troubles me most is the fact that there appear to be no confirmed sightings of the missing family. This cant be a positive indication IMO.

JMOO

For some reason my thoughts keep going back to money...I have my theory I've stuck to all along *kept to myself* that someone *didn't think this guy but that's another thought altogether*...
I think someone...wanted to borrow from or have AL invest ....
Being there wasn't any forced entry...the L's probably knew the person....May not associate or know them 'well' ...but knew them...
Whoever the perp is....cased out the place on the sale weekend...waited till they figured all family was gone...and just on the premise of 'dropping by'...figured Ohhhh they'll have lots of money *cash on hand and/or from the home sale to ask them for a bit of re: invest?*....let's hit them up....AL refused...didn't like the sound of it...maybe scoffed at the idea...Perp gets angry *maybe has his own money troubles with his new businesses?*....combative ...strikes out.....everything escalates.....and poor little NO.... :'(
I don't think the perp counted on him being there.....I think whoever it is...knew of their plans....knew they'd have/had money...all heck breaks loose....
That's just my own opinion....I could be so far off it isn't even funny...I really really hope at this point ...when all else failed he wanted just money....and was holding off to ransom....simply...they need to come home safe!

New to this site, have been watching this case for the last few days. Just wondering if we have had any confirmation of DG's parents being alive? Or are they missing too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27