Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:modstop:

Sleuthing family members needs to stop now, no exceptions. Anymore of this and TO's will be forthcoming.

Also, when posting pictures you must link to the source per copyright rules or your post will be removed.

Thank you,

Cp

I am new, what does this mean? "Sleuthing family members needs to stop now, no exceptions. Anymore of this and TO's will be forthcoming"

I don't want this post to be morbid but I really don't know much about what happens after you die. If you are killed in a way there is no blood (like strangled), does your body release fluids immediately or does it take time. Again sorry if it is morbid or gives anyone graphic images. :(

Good question. Does anyone know the answer to this?

I am new, what does this mean? "Sleuthing family members needs to stop now, no exceptions. Anymore of this and TO's will be forthcoming"

The family members of the missing along with the missing themselves are victims here and Websleuths is a victim friendly forum.

Consider this, if one of your family members were missing would you want your name and information plastered all over the internet? We just don't roll that way here.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

TO means time out or the loss of posting privileges temporarily.

Hope that helps and thanks for asking.:smile:

It means that we're not allowed to find and post information about family members of the person(s) of interest or victims. Anyone who does will be give a time out (not allowed to post on WS for a certain # of days).

Testosterone levels decrease after middle age, and with that decrease comes loss of virility, strength and aggression. Our biology has not changed that much from the days of the cave man. Our bodies still think we are here to procreate and to ward off enemies, like our cave man/woman ancestors.
With all of the super-human fifty year olds on this site, you would swear that men were every bit as virile as young men in their prime and that women could still bear children past their fifties.

Apologies, I meant to add quote.

The following is a summary of a paper prepared to profile serial killers. To a point you are correct that the number of killers decreases with age, however, you cannot exclude a person based on the age. Interestingly, the study also suggests that among others older killers have a higher IQ, have been arrested or were in prison and less likely leave the body unhidden and unmoved.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Rese...008 - Profiling the Age of Serial Killers.pdf

I am sure that the police has a good reason why they search the Airdrie acreage belonging to DG's parents but whether DG is guilty of a crime or the accessory of a crime, it remains to be seen.

It means we cant sleuth the family members- brothers, sisters etc. Only victims, or named persons of interest. TO= time out. Basically, we cant go through the facebook accounts of the other family members.

A ticked off employee is just as likely to be a POI as anything. I'm sure LE has interviewed them all for their alibi's on the night in question. I certainly hope none of them own or have access to a green Ford Truck.

JMO

Given Alvin's prior association with DG, I wonder if some employees of Alvin's companies were associated with DG.

The family members of the missing along with the missing themselves are victims here and Websleuths is a victim friendly forum.

Consider this, if one of your family members were missing would you want your name and information plastered all over the internet? We just don't roll that way here.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members or others cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

TO means time out or the loss of posting privileges temporarily.

Hope that helps and thanks for asking.:smile:

Thank you. I appreciate the response- it makes perfect sense!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...-his-grandson/

From the very beginning, it was stated by family that NO was at the wrong place at the wrong time. IMO the family at the very least the daughter of KL likely knew many details of what was in this news report if not all of the details and perhaps even more firsthand; to make a consideration from the very onset for a monetary reward for information could imply that she knew whether instinctively or logically that the missing family was related to consequence's relating to family business dealings and not a random crime.
With all due respect of course. Hope this does not violate rule of WS.

If someone had a criminal record would international travel be an issue? Reason I am questioning this is because if someone had a grudge against AL due to business dealings gone bad, and this person had a previous criminal record and came to understand that AL was leaving the country shortly then hypothetically that person could conclude that if they were to retaliate it would need to be sooner rather than later since AL was leaving the country. It would likely be difficult for someone to enter a foreign country aka Mexico if they have a prior criminal record.

First off i'm not trying to draw a comparison between cases, however, as a resident of Ontario and minutes from where Mr. Bosma lived and went missing from, I can't help but realize that 3 different LE agencies became involved in his disappearance and within a very short order they were able to determine who was involved, yet with all do respect to RCMP and Calgary Police, I understand that holding info is cruticial to the investigation but if they released more the public may be able to help more in locating these missing and loved people.

We are approaching day 12 and with very little inside info to help with I fear the worst for the missing family, My stomach hurts to think that way, but if and im speculating that IF either of the grandparents had something to do with this situation is the only way we may find them alive.

CTV Calgary news at 6pm

- new video of Nathan learning how to skate
- Garland ran a chemical company named P2 Solutions making mercury on the farm and selling it as far away as Panama
- asking land owners to check for tire tracks etc on their property. Asking all utility and oil companies to check their buildings, and wells
- O'Briens may be attending the vigil tonight

CBC Calgary News at 6pm

same as before, only new thing I caught was :

- Alvin was the defendant in 2 law cases 4 years ago

If someone had a criminal record would international travel be an issue? Reason I am questioning this is because if someone had a grudge against AL due to business dealings gone bad, and this person had a previous criminal record and came to understand that AL was leaving the country shortly then hypothetically that person could conclude that if they were to retaliate it would need to be sooner rather than later since AL was leaving the country. It would likely be difficult for someone to enter a foreign country aka Mexico if they have a prior criminal record.

Interesting question. It depends on the crime and it depends on the country. For example, if you have a marijuana conviction, you may have difficulty going to the US. On the other hand, if you are American, and have a DUI, you may have difficulty coming into Canada. I don't know about Mexico, but I am guessing someone on WS will!

First off i'm not trying to draw a comparison between cases, however, as a resident of Ontario and minutes from where Mr. Bosma lived and went missing from, I can't help but realize that 3 different LE agencies became involved in his disappearance and within a very short order they were able to determine who was involved, yet with all do respect to RCMP and Calgary Police, I understand that holding info is cruticial to the investigation but if they released more the public may be able to help more in locating these missing and loved people.

We are approaching day 12 and with very little inside info to help with I fear the worst for the missing family, My stomach hurts to think that way, but if and im speculating that IF either of the grandparents had something to do with this situation is the only way we may find them alive.

Agreed. IF it was a case of the grandparents wanting to start over somewhere with new identities then we would not expect to see any evidence of a medical crisis in the home. That fact to me rules out that scenario. The fact that we have not heard of any viable sightings of the missing in MSM concerns me as well. Obviously LE believes that putting their resources into pursuing DG and the farm is their best option although I don't know anymore if it is only because I would have thought something would have been discovered and/or reported by now being that DG is set to be released tomorrow albeit on conditions. Just not feeling confident anymore that resolution will be forthcoming for the family.

They also have a double garage in the back yard accessed from the alley. This can be seen from aerial photo (Google Earth), a few pictures from media taken in the alley/park area and also from the City of Calgary property assessment website/map.

Great point, having a big double garage does make the notion of turning the front garage into a room more plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan