Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that they know by now, they just aren't saying.

For all we know, AL or KL injured an intruder. Fearing for their lives and that of NO, they took off in the intruder's vehicle. Of course, just speculating .
Great angle, Crafty, but I keep coming back to LE insisting there was evidence that all 3 were taken against their will.

To me, that evidence can only be either

-blood from all 3 of the missing

-video of all 3 being taken unwillingly out of the home

-an eyewitness account

Check the stats/online resources, there are lots of them. Violent crimes, and I imagine those that would be labour intensive, or logistically difficult, are carried out by younger males... [modsnip]

Violent crime stats for males over 50 years of age:

100% of violent crimes committed by males over the age of 50, we're committed by males over the age of 50.

Was it actually sold to a lawyer as a regular sale where the lawyer would occupy or rent it out? Or was the sale to a lawyer part of a debt resolution scenario, where financial transactions go through a trustee lawyer of some kind?

I think the land was more valuable then the house. My guess would be that the Lawyer (if he had any type of
established practice and $$$) was planning to demo and rebuild.

As for debt resolution... it is possible and would explain the quick sale in December. However they may have felt it was a fair price they were offered in December and didn't want to risk NOT being able to sell it at a later date or have to deal with offers that have tons of conditions attached. Maybe it had a cracked foundation or something big that would prevent them from getting more $$$ if the conditions included inspection. MOO, just spec. etc. etc.

I think I saw a post mention it or maybe it was a news report but could the garage door have been spray painteted/ tagged at some point recently ? Perhaps with something negative?

I think I saw a post mention it or maybe it was a news report but could the garage door have been spray painteted/ tagged at some point recently ? Perhaps with something negative?

The marks were not there in some of the earlier pictures, but appear after forensics had been there.

A few things:

I am wondering if the company didn't actually go bankrupt - they just let the taxes lapse and the county came in and liquidated their assets?

In Alberta we have APPRES, which is a personal property database where companies can register personal property with a debtor and secured party, which could be a company or individual
or both. I was thinking that maybe when a company/person gets an order to seize property they can take what they have registrations for under the personal property ?

I am a paralegal in Alberta and while I often pull a lot of documents - I don't know all the laws. Who bought the house would be public info, so it should be reported out there, I'll go look around

Good question. Does anyone know the answer to this?

I can only give you my own personal experiences with family members passing and being present.
One, 76 yr old male, heart attack - no body leakage.
Two , 77 yr old obese female, heart attack - instant bowel evacuation.

Don't know if this helps you or not.

Maybe it was part of the selling agreement that they get to stay a certain amount of months? Maybe when they listed it they didn't expect it to sell quickly?

These kinds of arrangements are included in the terms of sale all the time. My gma passed 2 yrs ago, and my mom listed her house for sale after some upgrades were done. An offer came thru, she accepted but the terms were she (the prospective buyer) would rent the home for no more than X amount of months before the closing date. So, when I read that the Liknes' home was sold in 12/13 but "closing" was 6 months later, it didn't seem unusual to me at all. We bought our house in Jan of last year but asked for a May closing (which we got).

Ok, I am going to throw this out there and hopefully if I am permitted I can cross reference the photos from kijiji and MSM as well as one pic on KL face book page.

There are photos on kijiji that account for the main floor living room area and dinette area and furniture. This is a split level home and I lived in one and am very familiar with dimensions and how they work for this home style. The kijiji ad has different furniture groupings that are for sale. I cross referenced them in pictures. I can ascertain which ones are the basement pics and which ones are the main floor pictures. What I am finding very very curious is that there is a grouping of pictures that have large pieces of furniture and desk grouping areas that would not fit in this house style or size UNLESS the garage area is actually a living space area that was converted. I have pictures of what looks to be the side door area of the home and you can clearly see a step down in the area that the furniture is in meaning often times when you convert a garage area into a living space you put a sub floor keeping you off the concrete. If you recall the pictures where you see the carpet all bunch up under the leather couches? This is the area I am referring to. I want to post the kijiji pictures and need confirmation that I can do so. Please advise.

If I am correct and I really am thinking I am, then the garage area is very important.

Trying to catch up... Sorry if this was already mentioned, but there was an interview about the busniess office being cleaned out before the 30th.

I was also rethinking what the terms of release might be, and house arrest would be too restrictive for the current charges, but then, there's the fact that you might think LE would probably want him to be free to walk and move around, no? Though he's considered to be a smart man, the LE would still surely be tailing him to watch his movements anyway. Not forgetting the fact, that he's been locked up for a good length of time already, and the LE would know that if the three missing family members are alive (or at least two of them), and being held somewhere, that they would need food and water. So, why don't they seem to be concerned? Is it because they know there's more than one person involved? Oh, so many questions; not enough answers.

RSBM and BBM

:prayer:

The thought that NO/KL/AL may be held captive somewhere, dependent on DG for food & water, is the stuff of nightmares. Given the info available to date, I can only conclude that LE has reason to believe either that there is some chance they are alive and in the care of an accomplice(s) - or, that they are not alive. I pray that LE have, based on info not released to the public, somehow conclusively ruled out the possibility that these 3 are captive somewhere without sustenance for an entire week. Without food, survival is possible - without water, a week may be too long.

:prayer:

How long can you go without water? Assuming you're in reasonable shape and in ideal conditions -- that is, not in the heat or cold and not exerting, a human can probably live for about 3 to 5 days without any water. Healthier humans can live another day or so longer.

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/survival/wilderness/live-without-food-and-water2.htm

Was it actually sold to a lawyer as a regular sale where the lawyer would occupy or rent it out? Or was the sale to a lawyer part of a debt resolution scenario, where financial transactions go through a trustee lawyer of some kind?

As I've been doing some digging of my own, since KL is a licensed RE agent, I suspect she has some amount of savvy as it applies to lucrative home sale deals. As far as I can tell, it was never listed on any publicly accessible database.

Just thinking and I do not like what I am thinking , in fact I really do not want to say it, but here goes..what if they were shot...that the shooter intended to shoot A&K for monies owed and unfortunately NO was there.

Reasons:
DG is a small man and I am sure he could be taken out by AL with the help of KL or at least she or NO could have run and called 911.

There was evidence of a serious medical trauma.

Just a theory I have.

The drag marks.

As I've been doing some digging of my own, since KL is a licensed RE agent, I suspect she has some amount of savvy as it applies to lucrative home sale deals. As far as I can tell, it was never listed on any publicly accessible database.

According to the press,
It was sold to a friend who happened to be a lawyer. And they leased it back for 6 months.

Perhaps. How I took the court exchange about seeing/hearing the proceedings is that DG was appearing over a video link. He could have leaned close to the camera, prompting the judge to ask if he could hear the proceedings properly, and the response from DG that he was struggling to see the video better ("bad eyesight")
I get the feeling every move this man makes is for a reason. Self declared breakdowns etc previously - were they to gain sympathy ?
So if he was leaning in looking at the monitor it was for a reason- to draw attention to something. In this case he now has it in record ( same as his " I was tired and fell asleep at the wheel statements and his stating he had breakdowns ) and a judge hearing and "thinking " that he has bad eyesight and he very well may but I still feel this is a man that does things for a reason. Just how I feel about it anyway...

Sometimes when you are having a garage sale one of your friends/family/neighbours will try to sell some of their stuff too. My mother always does that to me when I have a garage sale :-)

I remember the kijiji ad for the L's sale on a prior thread that had the large cupcake holder and the black dog that said that the item was "In Canmore but can be seen in Calgary".

Did anyone ever figure out who was in Canmore and could bring the item to Calgary to the L's sale? If so, sorry, I missed it. Thanks!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-wedding-serv...upcakes-flowers-chocolates-must-see/605625318

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=605625318&image=1&enableSearchNavigationFlag=false

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member