Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 54597

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/missing-calgary-boy-s-family-issues-emotional-plea-for-their-superhero-1.1895317

Click on the link provided and get a larger image:

In this photo of Liknes residence it clearly looks to me that the large front window on the left hand side has no screen or glass in the window casement. You can clearly see the reflections on the adjoining glass but not on the left hand casement. It appears as though you can actually see the window curtains clear enough to touch them.
I see what you mean....also the mud on AL's truck can clearly be seen here.

Yes that is a good point Carol. The only large enough area then for this furniture groupings would be the upper level over the garage. I will see if I can find the mls listing then it may be easier for me as I am having trouble copying the kijiji pics to WS. Says URL isn't available....thanks will keep working on it.
I think the area over the garage is probably a bedroom. These type of houses are common where I live in BC. I think the area to the right of the front door is the living room/dining room, of course, in MOO

I think the area over the garage is probably a bedroom. These type of houses are common where I live in BC. I think the area to the right of the front door is the living room/dining room, of course, in MOO

I agree; the house appears to be a 3 level or 4 level split.

I seem to recall reading comments by others (can't recall if employees or former associates) that they felt the county was taxing AL's company exorbitantly and very unfairly.

Taxes for Winter Petroleum would be no different than for other companies. The difference is that this was a small company and it looks like they weren't able to generate enough income to pay taxes.

Apr 1, 2011
"Duncan McCowan is president of Winter Petroleum"
"AV: What other cost challenges do small producers face?

McCowan: County … taxes on our company are usurious. It’s based on pipelines and equipment and gas plants and it’s based on the original capital expenditure to put them in. They don’t take in appreciation, so the value they have assigned to it absolutely outrageous. It’s more than the value of our company even including the reserves. Our taxes haven’t decreased at all. It has no function of our revenue or commodity prices. They think the oil and gas industry has a lot of money."

http://albertaventure.com/2011/04/small-players-big-issues/

I can't help but think that someone of DG's age, who in my estimation looks a bit frail (?) in the sketch, would not have the stamina or physical ability to carry out anything violent against even one person. Do we have statistics on the ages of perpetrators of violent crimes?
It would make sense that more than one individual was involved in this, and the other(s) involved would be in their prime.

I have mentioned this before and every time I see someone say one person couldn't have pulled this off I think of Joseph Edward Duncan. He managed to murder a middle aged woman and man and a teenage boy and abduct two kids all by himself. He wasn't a big guy either. And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he had a gun (need to check that fact as I can't recall).

I wonder as well otto because I have located a photo of the home prior to crime investigators going through it thoroughly as noted by the garage door opener not having any crime dust on it as yet. Here you can see a definite reflection on the window casement area in question.

I am currently cross referencing kijiji photos, KL facebook page pictures and MSM pics to ascertain a floor plan of the home. Am I permitted to post? Reason being for the cross reference is that the photos on MSM show the curtains are clearly open on the main level of the split floor plan home so much so that you can see right across the main floor living and kitchen area (I determined living and kitchen area due to the pictures I have available and wish to post if permitted) therefore it is my opinion that the crime occurred either in the basement and/or in the area above the garage. I have some queries and thoughts about something but cant post as yet.

View attachment 54604

http://www.inews880.com/2014/06/30/ambert-alert-for-missing-calgary-boy/

What is the white box for,above the front door,above the rain gutter?

I don't want this post to be morbid but I really don't know much about what happens after you die. If you are killed in a way there is no blood (like strangled), does your body release fluids immediately or does it take time. Again sorry if it is morbid or gives anyone graphic images. :(

Liquefaction is not immediate. Rigor sets in about 4 hours (give or take a few depending on factors) but the organs/cells/tissue are still alive inside and start the process of decomposition. Rigor can take up to 2 days but eventually organs and tissues breakdown due to the loss of circulating blood and oxygen
and do liquify. Depends on temperatures and locations of a body (water, soil, explosed elements, etc) but generally it's about a week to a week and a half.

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg
Details on Liknes' business dealings coming from @BDeCillia on @CBCCalgary at 5 & 6 #cbc

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg ·
Liknes was involved in several 'penny stock' companies, one business folded last month, & he's been sued multiple times #cbc

Meghan Grant ‏@CBCMeg
Details on Liknes' business dealings coming from @BDeCillia on @CBCCalgary at 5 & 6 #cbc

https://twitter.com/CBCMeg

I do not normally watch CBC news, but I will be today to see what they have to say about the businesses

I have mentioned this before and every time I see someone say one person couldn't have pulled this off I think of Joseph Edward Duncan. He managed to murder a middle aged woman and man and a teenage boy and abduct two kids all by himself. He wasn't a big guy either. And correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he had a gun (need to check that fact as I can't recall).

I can see one person doing this. The perp injures or kills AK. Then all he has to do is grab Nathan and he has both Nathan and the grandmother under his control.

If you google the address of the grandparents and click on the google map you can see a vehicle in the driveway and on the street looks like the grandfathers truck parked. Where is the other vehicle? Did the grandfather typically park on the road as some oversized vehicles do.

123 38A Avenue Southwest, Calgary, AB T2S 0W4, Canada

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=wBG_U_fuEOjL8geol4HoBA&gws_rd=ssl#q=123+38A+Avenue+Southwest%2C+Calgary%2C+AB+T2S+0W4%2C+Canada

FWIW, if you take streetview back to May 2009, there is a dark blue truck parked in the driveway.

Testosterone levels decrease after middle age, and with that decrease comes loss of virility, strength and aggression. Our biology has not changed that much from the days of the cave man. Our bodies still think we are here to procreate and to ward off enemies, like our cave man/woman ancestors.
With all of the super-human fifty year olds on this site, you would swear that men were every bit as virile as young men in their prime and that women could still bear children past their fifties.

Apologies, I meant to add quote.

:modstop:

Sleuthing family members needs to stop now, no exceptions. Anymore of this and TO's will be forthcoming.

Also, when posting pictures you must link to the source per copyright rules or your post will be removed.

Thank you,

Cp

CBC Calgary News 5pm:

-vigil tonight open to public
- community not losing hope
- team of investigators looking into business deal with Garland
- CBC thinks bad blood between AL and Garland is over the patent
- Alvin involved in several civil lawsuits in 80's and 90's
- Alvin filed personnel bankruptcy in 1994

CBC Calgary News 5pm:

-vigil tonight open to public
- community not losing hope
- team of investigators looking into business deal with Garland
- CBC thinks bad blood between AL and Garland is over the patent
- Alvin involved in several civil lawsuits in 80's and 90's
- Alvin filed personnel bankruptcy in 1994

BBM - Over the patent? Wow, that's a long time ago, and seems like years ago I was linking the patent info.

I guess it is worthwhile to review the patent information at this time. I will pull my posts to see if anything pops up, now that we know this.

CALGARY — The former head office of Winter Petroleum Ltd. sits on the second floor of a Calgary strip mall: the office is now dark, the desks barren, the door locked.

This was apparently Alvin Liknes’ company. The property manager said she often saw Mr. Liknes around the building: he was a good man, she said, and the company always paid its rent on time.

The space was cleared out sometime around June 29 — on the same weekend Mr. Liknes disappeared from his home, along with his wife, Kathryn, and five-year-old grandson, Nathan O’Brien, according to the property manager.

Mr. Carson said Vecto was working on a type of pump that could keep water out of oil and gas wells, allowing them to be productive for longer stretches of time; however, Mr. Liknes’s invention didn’t work out, and the plan was dropped.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...in-bid-to-find-him-his-wife-and-his-grandson/

A ticked off employee is just as likely to be a POI as anything. I'm sure LE has interviewed them all for their alibi's on the night in question. I certainly hope none of them own or have access to a green Ford Truck.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members