Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO a "professional" would back off in the presence of a child. It would be a huge risk to them and increase the intensity of the investigation. Also, I don't believe a professional would leave drag marks or even take the bodies with them ... they would get in, do the job and get out. JMO

Actually, that's not true. The hit man carries out the wishes of those that hire him/her. If there was a request to take the bodies and hide them, then that's what would happen.

Also, although it seems callous, NO was just collateral damage in the eyes of the killer. The perp had to strike on that particular weekend due to the estate sale. It was a "now or never" kind of a situation, since he/she knew that there'd be too many fingerprints at the scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM ^^
My thoughts exactly. If he wanted to help and had nothing to hide...why not drive right in and say hey...that looks similar to mine ...here you go...check it out & eliminate me &/or my truck? I know...wishful thinking....but...heck...better than sitting in jail for the past week .....I would think....JMO

I'll just point out that we have no confirmation the truck belongs to POI, though I would concede they apparently found it at his place of residence (suggesting he could have had access regardless of the registration and ownership)

Forgot to reply with quote: Post 614 from Daniela 40: "The fact that its day 12 and no arrest, coupled with the fact that neighbours reportedly didn't hear anything strange points to one thing IMO.....this was a PROFESSIONAL HIT. "

Remember, the neighbour on the one side of the house is closer (the same side as the garage and side door), and that house was recently sold and is vacant. So, very opportune for whoever is responsible for the family's disappearance.

Maybe I missed it but I don't remember reading that the house next door to the L's (on the garage/side door side) was previous sold and vacant at the time of their disappearance? I, do, however, recall that house #122 was for sale ...which according to odd/even numbers corresponding with sides of a street, would mean that house was across the street from them........but at the time they went missing many of us posted the link to that home (122) and it appeared then to still be on the market and had been for at least a couple of months. ???

cal0707814-gya-5.jpg

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/11/douglas-garland-gets-out-on-750-bail/

"Police first began the search of the property on Range Road 291, approximately two kms north of Highway 567, on the evening of July 4, after receiving a tip about a Ford F150 truck they were looking for in connection with the disappearance of the three family members. A truck matching the description of one seen on CCTV footage taken near the family’s home on the night they disappeared was found and removed from the property."

http://www.airdriecityview.com/article/20140709/ACV0801/307099979/0/acv

So Otto do you think the aerial view of the truck we have in that video is actually of another truck? Because LE had already been there almost a full day before media even knew a search was going on, and the truck I would think was already removed from the property before media knew. So that aerial view (from a media helicopter?) is of another truck?

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

I took a screen capture from the Global News feed of what they stated as DG green Truck and compared it to the truck Released on July 4

Twoo things stick out to me

1. The truck siezed from DG has what appears to be an extended trailer hitch where the July 4 picture does not
2. The July 4 truck looks like a single cab late 80 pick up, where DG truck looks more like a 90s style with what could be a extended cab type
3. the colour of the bumper in the July 4 pic is white, all beit hard to tellfor sure the bumper on DG truck is dark in colour.

this is just my opinion, I will see if i can enhance both images and determine through my own investigation of the vehicles through the pictures or if i can locate better pics to go by
To me....that looks to be the same truck.

Both look to have a bed liner...making the inside bed black. If there was no bed liner...it would most likely be green like the rest of the truck with tons of scratches....

If the bumper is chrome...it will take on the color of it's surroundings.

That truck is not only a rare green but it has those side and rear pinstripe panels. Not many trucks have that. You can clearly see the outline of the pinstripe and panel in the parked truck. The sun seams to be shining right on it.

I'm pretty sure it's the same truck.

Was this confirmed , as almost all news reports from the first couple of days said she dropped him off ?? If you Google her name and " dropped him off " you will get page after page of news stories. I can see one or two reporters getting it wrong but all of them ?? Maybe we covered this already but I cant find it.

JO did not drop NO off @ 10 pm they were there already due to the estate sale and JO simply let NO remain with his grandparents likely in my opinion because he was fast asleep by then and she did not want to wake him since she was returning the next morning likely to help pack up the remaining items not sold in estate sale.

I haven't doubted that DG might be guilty of this crime or being an accomplice in it, however the two pictures of the trucks shown do not appear to be the same vehicle.

I've seen people make a good case they are the same, and a good case that they are different.

But the funny thing is we don't even know it's the truck that was seized, some have said the overhead view is that of a neighbor's property!

Security camera's of the type that took the truck picture tend to take pictures in a more "rounded" view, if that makes sense. 180 degree view. The images are subject to horizontal distortion.

Yes, plus they use methods to see better in the dark, distorting colors.

IMO if they have the right POI, he would have been charged and held..
IMO they found he is still a ciminal at heart and that's about it...

So Otto do you think the aerial view of the truck we have in that video is actually of another truck? Because LE had already been there almost a full day before media even knew a search was going on, and the truck I would think was already removed from the property before media knew. So that aerial view (from a media helicopter?) is of another truck?

LE removed the truck and took DG into custody Friday evening. AFAIK, there were no media pics until Saturday.

The truck at the property is not parked in front any of his buildings. The shop is too new. There is no cement pad in front of any of DG building(other than house). I have watched videos and you see that building in front of truck is on the neighbors property.

I am frustrated by the lack of evidence that DAYS of searching has pulled up and for that matter, lack of substance.

I am still frustrated by the lack of outcry from the family also. I feel like this search has a "where's waldo" feel to it, instead of what it is.

I do not believe this family will be found alive and I believe that the police know that. I just wish they would report it like it is and stop playing head games.

LE isn't necessarily playing a head game. Police services worldwide have learned from painful experience that using tunnel vision or airing unfounded speculations to the public are risky and can have terrible consequences. I'm pretty impressed so far with the professionalism they are displaying.

But we do. The only person of interest was just released on 750.00 in bail which to me suggests that he is less of a "person of interest" than we were led to believe. So who did it? Surely if DG did, evidence that was found against him would be released to keep him there.

They don't have to tell people but speak to people that have had a missing person. The more people you have interested, the more push you have with getting your loved ones home. People are losing interest and watching the police jump around from site to site with no one found and no real leads. Police giving information keeps people interested.

I don't think that WS is ahead of the police. I think they know darn right well what happened. They just don't have the people or bodies yet or the perp.

I would be willing to bet that the tips called in are much slimmer now than they were when the police were updating all the time and giving information. And lets face it, we wouldn't be here if we weren't dying to hear more. There is nothing more to sleuth here.

Before making any assumptions about the bail amount, let's look at the law. The right to reasonable bail means that bail cannot be in an amount that a perp cannot pay. The low amount most likely reflects what the perp is able to pay, which also suggests that he does not have much money.

"The Canadian law of bail originates from the British legal tradition (see main article: Bail In England and Wales). The first major Canadian legislation with respect to bail was in the criminal legislation package of 1869; in that law, the federal government made bail discretionary for all offences.[1] This provision was subsequently subject to much judicial interpretation, but the next major statutory change to bail in Canada was the 1960 Canadian Bill of Rights which provided for a "right to reasonable bail" in s. 2(f); this provision was subsequently used by the courts to rule, for the first time, that the Extradition Act included a right to bail.[2] In the early 1970s, the procedure for granting bail in Canada was completely revised by the Bail Reform Act.[3] This act placed the onus for justifying an accused's detention on the prosecutor, gave police new powers to release persons charged with an offence prior to their coming before a justice, and created detailed procedures for bail reviews.[4] In 1982, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms enshrined the right to bail in the Canadian constitution; s. 11(e) stipulated that "any person charged with an offence has the right ... not to be denied reasonable bail without just cause".[5] This was subsequently used by the Supreme Court of Canada, following decisions by the Quebec Court of Appeal, to strike out bail provisions of the Criminal Code of Canada which the court deigned to be excessively vague in R. v. Morales."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail_(Canada)

I'll just point out that we have no confirmation the truck belongs to POI, though I would concede they found it as his place of residence.

Correct. My statement was JMO as I said...IF.

I've seen people make a good case they are the same, and a good case that they are different.

But the funny thing is we don't even know it's the truck that was seized, some have said the overhead view is that of a neighbor's property!
<bbm>

A building of that shape does not appear in an overhead of the Garland property:

See the overhead pic in otto's post #19 in the Media thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rien-5-30-June-2014-*Media-Maps-amp-Timeline*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member