Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...well interesting thing to ponder.

The whois data for that buyandsell247.ca is very interesting also.

The fact that it uses a stock image with the watermark still on it is interesting.

The whole web site is 'interesting'.

I work in SEO and I can tell you all that this site is running on a script and it scrapes ads from kijiji and posts them.

See for yourself. Type the text of the ad into google.

Indeed. If you check into it more, you'll see the site was up for sale for $1500 in May of this year. A paltry sum for a person or family to pay if they're in a high income industry like say... the oil and gas industry. If they were smart, they'd have someone start a discussion about defamation so no one could say that they weren't aware of their legal responsibilities... not that the "I didn't know" defense works that well, but every bit of evidence helps, especially when you have potentially hundreds of users to sue. Cha ching!

With a 'personal' bankruptcy, you let down all of your personal creditors, like banks, credit cards, mortgage institution, etc. With a business bankruptcy, I don't think it even allows you to stiff your employees. I wouldnt' be even thinking about employees wanting to exact their revenge. I would think more along the lines of... firms the company owed money to.. sometimes 'firms' are just very small companies, that provide services that cost a lot of money. Sometimes 'firms', when dealing with a new customer, get the said customer (company) to fill out a 'credit application', which can sometimes include a 'personal guarantee by the owners/principals' of the customer (company). Some smallish contractor may have been owed a lot of money and not felt particularly at risk because he may have had one of those 'personal guarantees' signed.. only to find out that there in fact WERE no worthwhile personal assets to speak of. ie with KL having gone bankrupt personally herself a couple of years ago, they may have had little in the way of assets in their personal names. If their home were already sold, no asset there. They were still living there however, so it may have 'appeared' to some, that they still in fact did own the home. If they purchased another home in another country, that would do little in the way of providing security for any debt in Canada. Can't help mulling of that over in my mind, wondering if there is a contractor/supplier who went whacko when he found all of this out, just as the company cleared out of their offices, all staff were dismissed, etc., on June 25th.

That seems to be the motive right there. This couple was indeed giving the illusion of continuing to live in the house where they'd lived for the last 17 years. We can't find any sort of real estate listing, so it looks like a private sale to a lawyer - most likely a lawyer that the family has known for some time. The house was liquidated without any public notice. Everything was timed to end at the end of June, and not only did the grandparents give conflicting information to friends and acquaintances about their plans, but even their son hedged when answering a question about their plans.

Center Street SE to Fairmont Dr SE right now cordoned off, 15 cop cars at scene , Shell station marked off with crime tape, appear to be looking for someone.

Cop cars aren't all together but spaced out along road

15 cop cars seems excessive if just for robbery IMHO

Center Street SE to Fairmont Dr SE right now cordoned off, 15 cop cars at scene , Shell station marked off with crime tape, appear to be looking for someone.

Cop cars aren't all together but spaced out along road

15 cop cars seems excessive if just for robbery IMHO

Woah!!!! This could be a major development...thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. If you check into it more, you'll see the site was up for sale for $1500 in May of this year. A paltry sum for a person or family to pay if they're in a high income industry like say... the oil and gas industry. If they were smart, they'd have someone start a discussion about defamation so no one could say that they weren't aware of their legal responsibilities... not that the "I didn't know" defense works that well, but every bit of evidence helps, especially when you have potentially hundreds of users to sue. Cha ching!

I think your idea is clever but as someone who works online all day,I feel qualified enough to say this is a pretty good chance this is a just typical SEO tactic and nothing more and nothing less. It may be shady but it is what it is.

It seems like a domain flipping scheme or just plain old crappy SEO.

I love in Calgary. Can't get police dispatch since they've gone digital but I'm listening to fire & rescue right now. I'll update if anything develops!

I'm not sure if this has been lobbed out there (so many posts such little time), but what if AL and KL had an argument that went terribly wrong and AL in stress brain called for back up to help with the situation and then decided to run. Sometimes in stress we think people will focus on past things (irrelevant) over the present thing (relevant) and then we fall into that odd self-trap of fixing it our way. What could be making this situation worse is - and mods don't get me wrong -, is all this skeleton from the closet that we've all unearthed, and of course the media coverage. DG's past and present is out of the bag and he's in "public" view, almost a relief for him. AL on the other hand is strangely blessed (if he is still alive) with being a victim as long as he does not get found,, if you were AL and you knew that your life is/has been dissected to this degree would you want to be found? I should state that I think that both he and NO are alive and KL injured or deceased.

Ok, outofthedarkness, I have completely misunderstood what your point of the ad site has been, my apologies. I thought you were saying that Layzee set up a site to skim IP addresses from users here, which is obviously very different from what you have suggested.

However, this is a very mysterious and high attention case, and people are speculating. It's my opinion that it is not strange at all for people to perhaps suspect that one or more of the victims in a case as strange as this might actually be involved in another way. I am not suggesting that is the truth, but it is a possibility. And with some questionable character and histories being brought forth in the media as it has progressed, you must surely understand how people begin making those kinds of leaps. Although that would be very hard for a family member to even contemplate let alone accept as a possibility of being true. If I were someone close to the case, and I apologize if you are in that boat, I would not be participating in discussions like this on sites like this for my own well being.

Still not sure what the Burke case has anything to do with any of this.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-burke-files-defamation-suit/article11585739/

“There’s nothing specific we’re looking for,” said Sgt. Cory Ma.

“It’s just to make sure they didn’t miss anything.”

1297582812916_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/12/police-return-to-parkhill-home-where-calgary-family-disappeared-from

I'm not sure if this has been lobbed out there (so many posts such little time), but what if AL and KL had an argument that went terribly wrong and AL in stress brain called for back up to help with the situation and then decided to run. Sometimes in stress we think people will focus on past things (irrelevant) over the present thing (relevant) and then we fall into that odd self-trap of fixing it our way. What could be making this situation worse is - and mods don't get me wrong -, is all this skeleton from the closet that we've all unearthed, and of course the media coverage. DG's past and present is out of the bag and he's in "public" view, almost a relief for him. AL on the other hand is strangely blessed (if he is still alive) with being a victim as long as he does not get found,, if you were AL and you knew that your life is/has been dissected to this degree would you want to be found? I should state that I think that both he and NO are alive and KL injured or deceased.

Yes I had the same thought myself

I love in Calgsry. Can't get police dispatch since they've gone digital but I'm listening to fire & rescue right now. I'll update if anything develops!

Previous to this we were in Macleod Trail Coop store where police arrested someone while we were shopping! Then add in all the stampede crazies out there (nuts on Macleod Trail right now, loads of party buses with screaming drunk patrons) LE are going to be busy tonight!

Like many others, I've been following this case every moment I can...some great theories and lots of great questions...but the one question that nags at me is...the morning that JO went to pick up NO from grandparents house, something made her call the police when she entered...and a few hours later AL's brother shows up because he was concerned AL hadn't answered his phone...my question is...why wasn't somebody calling every family member they could think of to ask if they'd seen AL or KL...maybe its not important but it just bothers me!!!!

That seems to be the motive right there. This couple was indeed giving the illusion of continuing to live in the house where they'd lived for the last 17 years. We can't find any sort of real estate listing, so it looks like a private sale to a lawyer - most likely a lawyer that the family has known for some time. The house was liquidated without any public notice. Everything was timed to end at the end of June, and not only did the grandparents give conflicting information to friends and acquaintances about their plans, but even their son hedged when answering a question about their plans.

On the other hand, wouldn't it seem too careless and even risky to advertise their estate sale so publicly, if they don't want to give the impression that they were going to be gone "for good" (so to speak)?

Like many others, I've been following this case every moment I can...some great theories and lots of great questions...but the one question that nags at me is...the morning that JO went to pick up NO from grandparents house, something made her call the police when she entered...and a few hours later AL's brother shows up because he was concerned AL hadn't answered his phone...my question is...why wasn't somebody calling every family member they could think of to ask if they'd seen AL or KL...maybe its not important but it just bothers me!!!!

I suppose that something about the scene meant that there had been a criminal act in the home. Maybe there's a protocol involved.

Previous to this we were in Macleod Trail Coop store where police arrested someone while we were shopping! Then add in all the stampede crazies out there (nuts on Macleod Trail right now, loads of party buses with screaming drunk patrons) LE are going to be busy tonight!

Ha ha gotta love Stampede...makes everyone Crazy!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members