Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about this doesn't make sense. If the missing 3 left the house not of their own accord as the police say, whoever took them must have taken their cell phones as well. If AL's brother tried to call him on his cell, there would be no answer. If the cell phone was at the house, the police would have answered it. If I'm trying to get ahold of someone and they don't answer their cell, then I would call their house. If AL's brother couldn't reach him on his cell, wouldn't you think he would have called the house? If so, the police would have answered. The brothers story just doesn't sound right to me.

Why would police answer the victim's phone at a crime scene? Did the family have a house phone ... many people don't.
The call history is available. I don't know. Maybe the cell phones were missing and only the grandfather's shoes were missing.

One reason why the investigators said at least one person may have left in medical distress, instead of a fatality, maybe that the blood (so it seems to us) stain was near where the victims were supposed to be put on a vehicle, but the police didn't (perhaps--a guess) find as much blood inside the house, which could indicate that the victim(s) started to bleed more and more as they were dragged outside to the vehicle, meaning they weren't killed inside the house and were still alive when leaving the house. Just my half cent.

I wonder if LE checked phone records to see if indeed brother had been trying to call? And it is nagging at me also, that there has been zero mention (that I have heard/read) regarding any of these missing persons' cell phones.. haven't been mentioned once by LE.. you would think there would be SOME kind of mention, like .. they were turned off, or whatever?? So many missing 'normal' pieces to this story. Both AL and KL were in business for themselves and would undoubtedly have had cell phones. Cellphones have GPS.. yet no mention.. too weird! And yes, what a coincidence that brother shows up in the midst, and only because AL did not answer his phone? How far away does bro live??

Ditto on all of that and the brother lives in town (pretty sure).

But if you are planning to disappear (and for apparent good reason!), would you really post 50 ads (yes I'm exaggerating!) on kijiji saying you're leaving the country, and leaving the province, and having an estate/moving sale? Whoever earlier posted that poor little NO was ... what's that word?.. (sorry, I forget, but.. expendable, not meant to be there.. ).. I think they were correct!

Also, I read that KL was not 'active' in real estate, but that does not mean she was not still licensed. You can still be licensed and 'park your license' so that if you decide to pick it up again, you won't need to do the whole thing over again, but you have to keep up with the annual fees and courses.

[modsnip]

What I found strange about the ad was that she was soliciting buildings when I doubt that there was a buyer. She declared bankruptcy in 2012, the house was not in her name (that's from an early link), and although she may once have had a real estate licence, I doubt she still had it.

She removed her name from the house title in 2012, he removed his in 2013. In June, 2014, his company declared bankruptcy, the lease was paid, the employees were paid, the office was cleaned out, the assets might be in Mexico, the family has vanished, but it was not of their own volition. It's almost like they planned to disappear, and then someone made them disappear. If Nathan had not been with them, what would people be thinking ... a couple liquidated everything, said they were leaving the country, and they left a mess behind (assuming no blood), no reason to think twice until several months had passed? Make it look like a man murdered his wife, dragged her out of the house and vanished ... not even knowing about Nathan until the plan was put in play and the grandfather was already injured. Without Nathan, this would look very different.

Why would police answer the victim's phone at a crime scene? Did the family have a house phone ... many people don't.
The call history is available. I don't know. Maybe the cell phones were missing and only the grandfather's shoes were missing.

I dunno if I was searching for missing people and their phone rang, I would answer to make sure it wasn't them or someone with information about them. What if it was them calling?!

Alright guys, this thread has been very active tonight and everyone is doing a lot of work. That's a good thing for Nathan and his grandparents. However, I'm going to close the thread for the night in about 10 minutes. One of the EST mods will reopen the thread 1st thing in the morning.

So... you have 10 minutes!

Salem

One reason why the investigators said at least one person may have left in medical distress, instead of a fatality, maybe that the blood (so it seems to us) stain was near where the victims were supposed to be put on a vehicle, but the police didn't (perhaps--a guess) find as much blood inside the house, which could indicate that the victim(s) started to bleed more and more as they were dragged outside to the vehicle, meaning they weren't killed inside the house and were still alive when leaving the house. Just my half cent.

I think there was blood in the house and it was reported that there were drag marks spanning 8 meters, 24 feet, from the side door to the parking pad. The side door must be at the same level as the upstairs or the downstairs? I'm thinking downstairs. Anyway, the lot is 50 feet wide by 150 feet deep. Four level splits usually have a second exit door on the main level ... so downstairs ... behind the garage ... and the garage is three steps down from the downstairs living room? The living room is above, at the front door?

That was a bit of a tangent ... I'm going to post a pencil sketch of the layout and maybe we can figure this out together. We know that one of the victims could have been removed from the house through the side door.

Okay Guys - locking up now for the night.

Otto - yes, maps and aerials are fine to post. If they are not put together by a member, then they need a link to the original source.

Thanks!

Salem

Good morning, the thread is now open for discussion.

Please post responsibly and respectfully.

No posting rumors or screenshots.

Please be mindful that WS is a victim friendly forum.

Hopefully today is the day Nathan and his grandparents are found!

Thank you all,

Cp

To our knowledge, no one from the home dialed 911 that night. A violent struggle occurred, at least one person was injured and somehow the perp was able to prevent a phone call from being made. How did he control everyone from the very beginning of this incident? Does the POI have access to a gun? Was a knife used? One would think a gunshot would be heard.

Not blaming the victims, just wondering how control was obtained so quickly.

Just on FB, it appears KL was playing games yesterday, last Thursday and Tuesday. How weird is this!?

To our knowledge, no one from the home dialed 911 that night. A violent struggle occurred, at least one person was injured and somehow the perp was able to prevent a phone call from being made. How did he control everyone from the very beginning of this incident? Does the POI have access to a gun? Was a knife used? One would think a gunshot would be heard.

Not blaming the victims, just wondering how control was obtained so quickly.

I have thought the same thing over and over, which is why I posted previously about wondering if KL & NO have been drugged and contained somewhere in the Liknes house....It seems far more possible to move 1 person than 3, and kids don't get not to scream or make a sound. If NO was in physical distress/emotional distress somebody would have heard him scream. I just hope that the police have looked up into crawl spaces and not just for pieces of evidence. I am sure they would have, but I worry that from the outset it was as if 3 people were missing hence broadening the search for them, but what if only 1 person is missing and 2 are hidden in the house having been drugged, therefore not aware that there were people searching the house and weren't able to draw attention to themselves. JMO

Could they have "sold" to their own lawyer?
Except.... when you think about it.. say you are going to go bankrupt and lose everything, but of course, you don't want to, and although it is fraudulent, you have a friend who is willing to put on paper that he is purchasing your home for x amount of money, enough to say, clear the mortgage (if any), however in reality, purchaser-friend is actually paying Y amount for the home, and sending the excess to some other trusted name. It is really convoluted, but what lengths will people go to in order to protect their assets? It would mean a few involved parties, which isn't good, but at least something to investigate/research for LE?

Just on FB, it appears KL was playing games yesterday, last Thursday and Tuesday. How weird is this!?

If you open it up, its not actually her playing games, its a daily reminder about the games. It says "we have new puzzles for you" Tf vhe ones you want to take notice of are the ones that say "KL has beaten her score, or beaten so and so's score" That means she is actively playing....So far I don't see any of those.

Could they have "sold" to their own lawyer?

If I Recall Correctly (IIRC) in a earlier thread it was mentioned that the home was sold to a "Lawyer Friend" I wonder if the Lawyer friend was actually the Lawyer for the now Bankrupt Business "Winter Petroleum"

Because if it was I think things would not be such a mystery. Also if the blood was someone else's to me, it would explain why it was cleaned up ) or attempted to be cleaned up)
I'd the peeps went there and hurt one of the 3 missing and then kidnaped them, why would they clean it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get rid of evidence.
If I ever murdered someone, I'd stay and clean up as much as I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper