Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On KLs facebook page it shows under recent activity the following:

Kathryn is now friends with xxxxxxxxxxx and 6 other people.
June 30

Very strange because this is not auto generated it has to be initiated by the facebook account holder or someone who has access to the facebook account via a password in order to add a friend to account. But to be clear someone added a friend and or friends on June 30th

KL could have sent these people Friend Requests days, weeks, etc before.
Once those friends accept the request it will say that "KL is now friends with XXXXXXXX."
At least that's how it works on my FB.

Trying to think of benign possibilities - things not involving murder most foul, etc. Uhm, what if a truck or van or other vehicle was rented or borrowed by AL or a family member on the day before for the purpose of moving a heavy item - fridge, sofa, what-have-you to a buyer's place on Monday morning. What if KL needed to pick up something at a store so decided to tag along and little NO was up and racing around the house anyway. Could they have got lost and run into danger somehow? Broken down vehicle on a backroad? Slide off the road into a deep ditch or river? This speculation is a bit far out given the initial LE reports, but LE are not infallible and one of my life observation is that when situations seem incredibly complicated it's usually some stupid little overlooked obvious thing that's sparked the problem. IMO. IMHO.

Not a bad theory at all.
But there is evidence in the house that the L's and N did not leave on their own volition.
What that evidence is, we don't know, but it's serious enough to suspect foul play.

Something about this doesn't make sense. If the missing 3 left the house not of their own accord as the police say, whoever took them must have taken their cell phones as well. If AL's brother tried to call him on his cell, there would be no answer. If the cell phone was at the house, the police would have answered it. If I'm trying to get ahold of someone and they don't answer their cell, then I would call their house. If AL's brother couldn't reach him on his cell, wouldn't you think he would have called the house? If so, the police would have answered. The brothers story just doesn't sound right to me.
Is this brother the identical twin of Alvin? Wouldn't it be good movie material,if it were really Alvin posing as his brother?:facepalm:

Not a bad theory at all.
But there is evidence in the house that the L's and N did not leave on their own volition.
What that evidence is, we don't know, but it's serious enough to suspect foul play.

And serious enough for LE to state someone was in medical distress which I believe could only be deduced by a significant amount of blood at the scene. :-(

Typically businesses that are Incorporated when filing bankrupcy only business assets are apart of the filing not personal property or posessions

thats the advantage of incorporating you business even if its a small business it protect you personal property

Exactly.
My mom and her boyfriend incorporated their business for that reason.

I absolutely believe this was a professional hit and *if* so, these victims probably won't be found. Hit men aren't often caught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How often do hitmen take the victims out of their houses, though?
Or kill a child?

JMO, but I don't think was a hit.
I feel DG was involved in some manner.

Incidentally, being an Albertan, DG was probably aware of the Mark Twitchell case in Edmonton. Twitchell successfully hid the remains of his victim by dumping it under a manhole, concluding in his journal that "nobody ever goes down there". He was right, police may not have ever found the body if Twitchell hadn't finally confessed its location months later.

Isn't that the guy who killed his victims/disposed of them in the same manner as the TV character, Dexter?
These serial killer/CSI/crime dramas, etc are being used as people's motives/ideas for killing people/disposing of people so they can never be found.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/body-found-in-water-near-glenmore-trail-1.2705327

What odd wording ... How could finding a body in a reservoir of city drinking water NOT be suspicious? I would think there would be another way to state that there was no foul play. Did they expect to find a body in there?

They were drunk/high and fell out of a boat?
That wouldn't be suspicious.
People are advised to use caution while near the reservoirs, but no one listens, sadly.

Is this brother the identical twin of Alvin? Wouldn't it be good movie material,if it were really Alvin posing as his brother?:facepalm:

I am interested to know if they are identical as well. The only kink in that is that AL walks with a limp and I am just assuming his brother does not. I'm not sure how much of a limp but it was mentioned several times.

Contrary to popular believe identical twins do not have the same DNA but this is a new revelation in the scientific community.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ed-for-same-crime-after-DNA-breakthrough.html

But would crime lab DNA tests in Calgary go that far?

Also, has the brother been seen or heard from since this fiasco?

Something about this doesn't make sense. If the missing 3 left the house not of their own accord as the police say, whoever took them must have taken their cell phones as well. If AL's brother tried to call him on his cell, there would be no answer. If the cell phone was at the house, the police would have answered it. If I'm trying to get ahold of someone and they don't answer their cell, then I would call their house. If AL's brother couldn't reach him on his cell, wouldn't you think he would have called the house? If so, the police would have answered. The brothers story just doesn't sound right to me.
Unless they dont have a landline. Alot of people only have cell phones. That said..I have wondered why ALs bro came over that morning. Its not like AL is elderly and needs checked on. Did JO call any of the other family to ask if they knew where the Ls were?

Im curious do we have a WS that has connections to other LE either within Canada or the USA, that my provide a new perspective on the language the LE has used since the first media release.

I personally work in Government (all be it at a local level) and on a yearly basis I take training on how to deal with media. I think having someone professionally trained in law enforcement and media relations provide a general sense of the choice of wording that has been used

It was not his twin that was calling looking for him but another brother. Also Alvin has more of a greyer tone of hair than his brother from pictures I have seen.

How do we know AL's cell phone wasn't off or dead? Or maybe the perp took then and threw them somewhere.

Also is it customary for police to answer peoples cell phones?

Just on FB, it appears KL was playing games yesterday, last Thursday and Tuesday. How weird is this!?

If this is the case, it is weird for sure and wouldn't the person have to know KL's login passwords? This may be a naive question but is it possible through computer forensics for an expert to find the IP address of the computer that logged into that FB site?

So many what ifs and unknowns and speculation...

I think until there are any new developments that are made public, can there be a tendency to look too much into what we do know, sensationalizing is what comes to mind...

I come from a small community, and in the absence of all facts, people sure made up their own versions of events to connect facts and made connections to people that weren't even involved...

I recognize this is part of our human nature, I get that...I too have my own personal theory of what might have ensued that night...but until there are more developments that are made public, it seems some of the discussions are going in circles. Just my opinion...

So many what ifs and unknowns and speculation...

I think until there are any new developments that are made public, can there be a tendency to look too much into what we do know, sensationalizing is what comes to mind...

I come from a small community, and in the absence of all facts, people sure made up their own versions of events to connect facts and made connections to people that weren't even involved...

I recognize this is part of our human nature, I get that...I too have my own personal theory of what might have ensued that night...but until there are more developments that are made public, it seems some of the discussions are going in circles. Just my opinion...

Well said Oceangirl

I am interested to know if they are identical as well.

No, it's another brother Cliff. Quote from http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...l-mysteriously-vanished-after-an-estate-sale/
:
-------Begin Quote-------
Cliff Liknes said he decided to pay a visit to his brother’s home in southwest Calgary on Monday morning after Alvin didn’t answer his phone.

When Cliff arrived, though, his brother was gone, and police were all over the scene. That’s how he found out.

“I can’t even fathom what’s going on. Nobody in my family knows,” Cliff Liknes told the Herald.

“It’s a terrible thing … it just doesn’t make any sense.”

There’s something not right here and we don’t know [what it is]. I sure hope they find the little guy and my brother and his wife
Liknes had no doubt his brother Alvin had not abducted the grandchild.

“He loved the child to death,” he said.

“That’s his boy. There’s something not right here and we don’t know (what it is).

“I sure hope they find the little guy and my brother and his wife.”
--------End Quote-------

Unless they dont have a landline. Alot of people only have cell phones. That said..I have wondered why ALs bro came over that morning. Its not like AL is elderly and needs checked on. Did JO call any of the other family to ask if they knew where the Ls were?

Maybe they had made prior arrangements for CL to come over to help with the move.

Also, wrt cell phones .. at one of the early pressers, a reporter enquired and the response (paraphrased from memory) was to the effect "not going to discuss them".

Given the apparently genuine sadness and anxiety of the JO and RO, and the seemingly close relationship between the L's and their children, I, for one, don't believe it's a trick by the L's. It's possible the L's have their secret plans regarding their upcoming moving and travel, but totally unlikely, IMO, that they plotted the disappearance of themselves and Nathan. Recall the McStay family case. From the beginning until their bodies were discovered, many speculated, with all kinds of reasoning using their background, that they secretly went to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper