Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, wouldn't it seem too careless and even risky to advertise their estate sale so publicly, if they don't want to give the impression that they were going to be gone "for good" (so to speak)?

I think they were going to be gone at the end of June and wonder if they were going to abandon some of their things in the house ... let the new owner deal with junk removal.

“There’s nothing specific we’re looking for,” said Sgt. Cory Ma.

“It’s just to make sure they didn’t miss anything.”

1297582812916_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/12/police-return-to-parkhill-home-where-calgary-family-disappeared-from

Judging by this picture the garage looks fairly organized and neatly kept.

Except for all the money they received from selling the house would be an asset, and a very liquid one at that...

But wouldn't that be applied to the bankruptcy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for all the money they received from selling the house would be an asset, and a very liquid one at that...

With connections in Mexico, Panama, and the US, that money could have gone to any of those places in the last six months.

But wouldn't that be applied to the bankruptcy?

Typically businesses that are Incorporated when filing bankrupcy only business assets are apart of the filing not personal property or posessions

thats the advantage of incorporating you business even if its a small business it protect you personal property

“There’s nothing specific we’re looking for,” said Sgt. Cory Ma.

“It’s just to make sure they didn’t miss anything.”

1297582812916_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/12/police-return-to-parkhill-home-where-calgary-family-disappeared-from

Organized, tidy, chemicals up on a high shelf. What is in the officer's hand? It looks like one of my children's bug catchers - a plastic box-type thing with netting around it for kids to study the little creatures they find. Have we ever heard about how often Nathan visited his grandparents? How often he stayed over?

Typically businesses that are Incorporated when filing bankrupcy only business assets are apart of the filing not personal property or posessions

thats the advantage of incorporating you business even if its a small business it protect you personal property

Unless you make personal guarantees or have to pledge assets to secure debt on behalf of the corporation. Directors of corporations also have exposure to liabilities.

Like many others, I've been following this case every moment I can...some great theories and lots of great questions...but the one question that nags at me is...the morning that JO went to pick up NO from grandparents house, something made her call the police when she entered...and a few hours later AL's brother shows up because he was concerned AL hadn't answered his phone...my question is...why wasn't somebody calling every family member they could think of to ask if they'd seen AL or KL...maybe its not important but it just bothers me!!!!

I mentioned this earlier. Then AL's brother just showed up out of the blue because AL didn't answer the phone??!?

Very interesting.

If I were JO I would be calling every family member in town ASAP!

I mentioned this earlier. Then AL's brother just showed up out of the blue because AL didn't answer the phone??!?

Very interesting.

The fact that AL's brother showed up when he didn't answer hints to me that maybe the brother knew AL had a "meeting" and was worried for his brother?

The fact that AL's brother showed up when he didn't answer hints to me that maybe the brother knew AL had a "meeting" and was worried for his brother?

yeah but for all we know they had plans that day, or there was a reason that AL should have answered his phone. If I had plans with someone that were definite and this person isn't someone to just not answer your phone calls i'd probably show up too!

Im very curious to the involvement of the police at this location, seems very coincidental that a body was found not far from this location and now an over abundance of police at this location

Shell
7014 Fairmount Dr SE
Farrell Rd SE
Calgary - SE, AB T2H 0X4

Very interesting.

It is rather interesting.....IIRC from one of the first newspaper reports on the scene....CL said he decided to drive over when his brother didn't answer the phone ...it was in the morning when he got there...and that he knew something was wrong because there were police all over his brother's house....something to that effect *I'd have to find the article to get exact words*...he didn't make any mention *at least that I recall from the paper* of JO contacting...just he showed up and police were already there....So if he was there in the morning after police....it would be somewhere between 10 and 12...as we know from reports that JO got there at 10...

ETA: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...l-mysteriously-vanished-after-an-estate-sale/

The house and surrounding streets

The house in relation to the reservoir

www.arcgis.com

I think on that Glenmore Trail would be the likely road used for departure as it's a main artery drawing less suspicion for early morning drivers. Your route would draw more suspicion imo.

[modsnip]

What I found strange about the ad was that she was soliciting buildings when I doubt that there was a buyer. She declared bankruptcy in 2012, the house was not in her name (that's from an early link), and although she may once have had a real estate licence, I doubt she still had it.

She removed her name from the house title in 2012, he removed his in 2013. In June, 2014, his company declared bankruptcy, the lease was paid, the employees were paid, the office was cleaned out, the assets might be in Mexico, the family has vanished, but it was not of their own volition. It's almost like they planned to disappear, and then someone made them disappear. If Nathan had not been with them, what would people be thinking ... a couple liquidated everything, said they were leaving the country, and they left a mess behind (assuming no blood), no reason to think twice until several months had passed? Make it look like a man murdered his wife, dragged her out of the house and vanished ... not even knowing about Nathan until the plan was put in play and the grandfather was already injured. Without Nathan, this would look very different.

I think on that Glenmore Trail would be the likely road used for departure as it's a main artery drawing less suspicion for early morning drivers. Your route would draw more suspicion imo.

One route is Macleod Trail to Glenmore Trail (to the Glenmore Reservoir), the other route is Blackfoot Trail to Deerfoot Trail (to Airdrie).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01