Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodies of victims have not been found.
Charges are before the courts, investigation continues, no new info
Thanks the public and media, 200 investigators, analysts, special units, Search and Rescue, RCMP.

This sounds like a thank you and no more information will be released because the case is now before the courts.

If they don't have the bodies - I suspect the blood evidence was maybe enough to let them know all three are dead : (

The way he's talking about how much evidence they had to slowly build means maybe he cleaned it up so well that piecing together the blood evidence in the house was very hard. MOO

Police Chief:

Have arrested a man in what has been a challenging and heart-wrenching investigation

2 counts of 1st degree
1 count of 2nd degree

Bodies of 3 victims not found

Rural property owners please search

Due to charges before the courts , I can't release the details.

900 tips have come in, never seen this level of support

200 officers, analysts and investigators

Questions...

2nd degree murder means the 3rd person was not killed during a kidnap, I believe.

Investigation started with very little info. It was a mystery. This investigation has been painstaking. Persuing 900 tips. File built piece by piece. Compilation of immense investigation.

So it was what a lot of us thought. It was planned for AL and KL and NO just happened to be there. My heart is broken for this family :(

This has been the compilation of an immense number of pieces, there has not been one piece.

Over 900 tips

Someone, somewhere, was keeping at least one of those persons alive (after the first day).

Feel so sick, omg. I'm not listening to everything. SO SICK

Prosecutor decided yesterday that this is a homicide investigation, and charges will be laid.

2nd degree murder means the 3rd person was not killed during a kidnap, I believe.

The most obvious inference is someone went to kill the parents (pre-meditation) and encountered the child (2nd degree)

Someone, somewhere, was keeping at least one of those persons alive (after the first day).

That's not *exactly* what he said, just mentioned as a possibility/rationalization of the Amber Alert

This has been the compilation of an immense number of pieces, there has not been one piece.

Over 900 tips

you're quoting that out of context. it wasn't a definitive statement.

Yesterday it was clear that it was no longer a missing person's investigation, it was definitely a murder investigation.

I would think the the 1st degree murder charges relate to the grandparents, premeditated murder.
I believe the 2nd degree murder charge would relate to Nathan, murderer didn't know he would be there.
This is only my opinion.

you're quoting that out of context. it wasn't a definitive statement.

No, I wrote that verbatim (with the exception of brackets). Will adjust after I listen to presser again if necessary.

"No single piece of evidence that is the smoking gun."

"Nathan wasn't supposed to be there" No he wasn't :(

(my thoughts not said at the presser on now)

Rick Hanson is much better at being consistent and poised than the other pressers about this so far. Guess that's why he's the chief.

One person was NOT kept alive, he said if there was any remote chance they had to treat it as if someone where alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08