Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that the suspected murder weapon was found. It's also possible that DG revealed details to the police while he was in custody. If he was so obsessed by a perceived wrong done towards him that he planned and carried out this murder, then he may very well have continued to talk about it in his obsessed state of mind.

I really doubt he will say anything to LE. He seems like he is too smart for that no matter how obsessed he was. I believe he wanted this to be a perfect crime with no evidence (thus no bodies) but NO threw a wrench in his plan , even so he may be in the mindset that if they don't find them he can get off. So IMHO he will not speak a word.

Yesterday we discussed balloons (not environmentally friendly), a memorial tree, and other ways that we could contribute something to the family. I think that a bench donation would be a really great gesture for the family, but the cost is $3500. I wonder how a project like that could get off the ground? Is there anyone here that is connected with either the Obrien community or the Airdrie group that could explore that possibility.

http://www.parksfdn.com/bench.html

Since even DG's brother-in-law hadn't seen him for 4 years, it's likely that DG has never met Nathan, and so Nathan didn't know him personally. That would make his murdering Nathan more sinister--just for the worry about the slim chance that the boy could provide info about his grandparents' killers.

Yesterday we discussed balloons (not environmentally friendly), a memorial tree, and other ways that we could contribute something to the family. I think that a bench donation would be a really great gesture for the family, but the cost is $3500. I wonder how a project like that could get off the ground? Is there anyone here that is connected with either the Obrien community or the Airdrie group that could explore that possibility.

That is a really lovely idea otto

Since even DG's brother-in-law hadn't seen him for 4 years, it's likely that DG has never met Nathan, and so Nathan didn't know him personally. That would make his murdering Nathan more sinister--just for the worry about the slim chance that the boy could provide info about his parents' killers.

It doesn't sound to me as though the younger AL knew DG very well either but I do believe that he said he had seen him last at Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving last year was October 14th. I'll find the link.

If you want to help the family I just heard on the news that they are soliciting donations via some sort of funding website and also into a trust fund at Alberta Treasury Branches.

Personally, I don't like this move. Two weeks ago we heard that they were wanting to offer a $100,000 reward and now they want cash to cover expenses. This doesn't sit well with me.

If you want to help the family I just heard on the news that they are soliciting donations via some sort of funding website and also into a trust fund at Alberta Treasury Branches.

Personally, I don't like this move. Two weeks ago we heard that they were wanting to offer a $100,000 reward and now they want cash to cover expenses. This doesn't sit well with me.

That's a good point. It would have been available cash, not a bank loan, so that money should still be somewhere.

I don't know if the family is actually looking for cash to cover expenses. I think a neighbor of the O'Briens, who wants to do something positive, is trying to spearhead some fundraising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if the family is actually looking for cash to cover expenses. I think a neighbor of the O'Briens, who wants to do something positive, is trying to spearhead some fundraising.

Fundraising for what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The neighbour may think the O'Briens/Likneses need assistance with various expenses around settling the estate, finalizing the Parkhill sale, etc. Whether they do or whether they asked for assistance, remains to be seen...

Yesterday we discussed balloons (not environmentally friendly), a memorial tree, and other ways that we could contribute something to the family...

Thanks for mentioning that releasing balloons is not an environmentally friendly thing to do. I'd hate to see this become an acceptable way of showing support. There's no sense in creating a danger for innocent creatures.

Thanks for mentioning that releasing balloons is not an environmentally friendly thing to do. I'd hate to see this become an acceptable way of showing support. There's no sense in creating a danger for innocent creatures.

Someone mentioned it last night, and it is a valid concerns for birds and small animals.

Fundraising for what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... expenses such as memorial services, moving and storage costs for Alvin and Kathy's home, legal fee's, estate fee's, etc

The description on the fund raising page says that the person that set up the page worked with the child's father in order to set up the page. The child's father is the same person that contacted the media the day after the disappearance to say that they were about to announce a $100,000 reward. The fundraising is intended for costs such as storage of the Parkhill house contents. I don't really understand that ... why would the house contents be put in storage ... is the family assuming that the victims will come back at some time?

It says $$$$ raised in 14 days, so this may have been set up before anyone knew what happened.

Balloons are not biodegradable. They block the digestive tract of animals, including pets, horses, cows, and wildlife. I can't tell you how many surgeries we've done to remove ingested balloons from very sick pets. Wild animals will die.
Releasing balloons is illegal in many places.

http://balloonsblow.org/photo-gallery

Not everyone is paid when they have to take extended time off from work!! Tragedies often cost the victims left behind thousands of dollars! I'm happy to see that someone has started a fund for this family. MOO

I hope/believe the O'Briens' employer Cenovus is giving them as much time as they need.

Not everyone is paid when they have to take extended time off from work!! Tragedies often cost the victims left behind thousands of dollars! I'm happy to see that someone has started a fund for this family. MOO
Absolutely! When my husband died I had to go back to work after 5 weeks because I couldn't afford to take longer. The sad reality is that, though your heart is torn apart, the kids still need to eat .... the bills still need to be paid ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine