Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought but i really hope LE checked his actual house and not just other buildings and land. That would be horrible if they were locked up in the basement or something.

On the Practical Machinist forum in 2004, DG, using the email from Ranchland Equipment, posted using the username Matt1, but signed his post 'Doug.'

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...nfo-manuals-k-t-307-s-12-vertical-mill-92954/

So, from this, we can see that he was good with equipment, or at least enough to buy manuals and fix a vertical mill himself.
We can also see that he's using the AG email as his own.
And has possibly signed in online using Matt1 before.
But is calling himself Doug.

And on this forum, as Matt 2, signing off as Matt, wanting again more manuals and using the AG email. Calling himself Matt, July 2009. Joined 2008.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/deckel-maho-aciera-abene-mills/48658-deckel-model-cutter-grinder.html

So many manuals. I wonder if he has an Amazon account or a library card.
Garland knew computers and forums well enough to delete the @ symbol when posting his email address. He used .pdf files according to this post as well.

We need to see if we can uncover his online aliases. Keywords and his email may uncover something.

Jmo

Sounds reasonable to me that he would be providing an e-mail address which was easily available to him (IE: on the computer he was borrowing to post to these forums) rather than him having his own. Also unusual that 'matt' name could be around the time he used MH's identity. This could be useful information for police, I would e-mail it to them as evidence (date of posts could be useful etc.)

Picture with mark on DG forehead. Could be a birthmark but I don't see it in the earlier photo below.
Latest picture of DG
douglas-garland.jpg

Earlier picture of DG
douglas-garland.jpg

At the 2:22 - 2:23 minute mark, the reporter continually and assertively questions DG where the family is, where NO is, is there anything he wants to say to the parents of NO (paraphrasing) and you can see DG is tight lipped figuratively and facially. When I watched the video initially several days ago I felt DG was going to say something to the reporter and stopped himself. In this clip I can see his lips open for a brief moment and then closes tightly again in an act of defiance IMO. I don't believe he will ever tell or help the police regardless of any possible tactics LE may be able to bring forth to get DG to talk. I also notice in this picture above a slight mark on his forehead, it may be nothing. Someone previously noted the short hair on DG and I would conclude it was even shorter two weeks prior. I don't see any forearm hair. Just trying to make sense of DG if that is possible.
One last point, I don't believe DG had any help. He is too confident and conceited imo to think he needed it. I think DG is a man of few words and even so more now sadly.

Video of reporter questioning DG.
http://globalnews.ca/news/1452672/douglas-garland-remains-tight-lipped-about-triple-murder-investigation/

Just a thought but i really hope LE checked his actual house and not just other buildings and land. That would be horrible if they were locked up in the basement or something.

They did. IIRC they were pulling things out of it.

Interesting article for sure.

The comment about him being " unlucky in business" draws my attention because it is one thing to be unlucky and get involved in the wrong deal or business at the wrong time but to constantly repeat that over and over goes a little beyond unlucky. In Calgary, in the oil business, there are more than a few individuals who seem to have a lot of involvement with companies that are always tanking but those folks always seem to come out ahead.

Same with that 'scratch' on the right side of his nose..?

In reviewing pictures of DG, I don't see any obvious marks on his arms be it forearms and/or the back of his arms. I think the marking on his forehead may be a sun spot. I don't see any defense injuries on his neck or face. I don't think anyone had much of a chance to fight back against an attack if DG (disclaimer). Sadly.

In reviewing pictures of DG, I don't see any obvious marks on his arms be it forearms and/or the back of his arms. I think the marking on his forehead may be a sun spot. I don't see any defense injuries on his neck or face. I don't think anyone had much of a chance to fight back against an attack if DG (disclaimer). Sadly.
Gosh his eyes sure look cold.

A creepy thing is with DG going under different names and emails he could even have been on here commenting on his own websleuth case between June 30 - July 4th. JMO

In reference to DG and forum familiarity, is there a chance he was reading WS while out on bail.

A creepy thing is with DG going under different names and emails he could even have been on here commenting on his own websleuth case between June 30 - July 4th. JMO

Oh goodness I just posted the same thought goodasgold. I wonder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay