DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police called to Scotch Hill area Saturday
October 15, 2011

snipped...

HEATHBELL - A lone RCMP officer is stationed at the end of a private woods road Saturday evening in the Heathbell area, near Scotch Hill.

The police K-9 unit had been in the area earlier in the day and some police tape is left going down the wooded road.

It's believed that the activity is in relation to the search of missing Pictou County teen Amber Kirwan. The 19-year-old has not been seen for a week, since she left friends at Dooly's around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning, heading towards Big Al's to meet her boyfriend. She never arrived.

Police say that they are continuing to investigate all information from the public.

Attachments

• Police car at end of Scotch Hill Road Oct 15 2011.png
    Police car at end of Scotch Hill Road Oct 15 2011.png
    601.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Heathbell and Scotch Hill.png
    Heathbell and Scotch Hill.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
There's a collection of things that made my hair stand up and quick - having control of Amber's personal FB page (!!!!) and the rules he laid out for the admin of the FB group upon it's formation - ALL tips to be forwarded 1st to the police (but of course) and 2nd to him!!!!! eye yey yey!!!!!! The way he was explaining how it would work & is set-up - he'd be getting the notices to his phone so he would know what was going on while out following leads...real high tech dude - about then the word "orchestrating" crossed my mind - got me wondering since he seemed to have control over both her phone and facebook (so quickly), was he monitoring her business before she went missing?????!!!!

:waitasec:

above BBM

Flyer originally being distributed attached....

Attachments

• amber missing flyer wrong numbers.jpg
    amber missing flyer wrong numbers.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 31
TD Canada Trust account opened for donations
Posted on October 14, 2011

If you are local and would like to make a donation for Amber Kirwan, her family and Mason you can do a deposit at the TD Bank account # 6333575.

This is the ‘ONLY‘ account that is set up to receive donations. Should you hear someone suggesting other accounts to deposit to, there are ‘NO OTHER‘ accounts. If you are from out of Pictou County, deposits can be made to the TD Bank, transit # 5440 and the same account # 6333575.

Thank you everyone for your support in bringing Amber home.

A message from the search coordination centre at the North End Recreation Centre.

A talk with Mariea Leil-Bowser, the heart of the search coordination headquarters at the North End Rec Centre
October 14, 2011

snipped...

I sat down with Mariea Leil-Bowser tonight to clear up information and discuss her and countless volunteer’s efforts to locate Amber Kirwan at the North End Recreation Centre this evening. Mariea is leading the civilian search effort to find Amber. Mariea has a close connection to the families at the core of this horrible tragedy. She is best friends with Mason Campbell’s (Amber’s boyfriend) mother. She was even there when Mason was born. This is her fuel for coordinating a huge undertaking like this, and spending many sleepless nights while doing it.

Mariea is the person leading the charge at the Rec Centre. When I asked her if she and her devoted volunteers had a date in mind set for when they will stop meeting every day to coordinate efforts, she told me “I hope she is found in the next 2 minutes. We just want her home, this is devistating”. Until that happens they will be doing everything they can with no intentions of stopping anytime soon.

[more at link]

above BBM

Flyer originally being distributed attached....

Well, that is not the police number nor the crime stoppers number on that poster.

Good grief - it doesn't even say to contact the police.

Campbell says no one who knew Amber will rest until she's home.

"I've searched every bit of ground that search and rescue has covered, personally, myself," he said. "I've taken it upon myself to get in contact with everybody around that area."

Although it's getting harder to stay positive as the days pass with no sign of Amber, Campbell says he believes she's alive and will come home safely.

"At this point, I can't help but be more and more terrified as every second passes," he said. "But I feel it in my heart and the same with her mother, she's okay and we're going to get her back."

http://www.news957.com/news/local/a...of-missing-new-glasgow-woman-clinging-to-hope

Official Missing Person Poster from police:

Attachments

• Official Missing Person poster.png
    Official Missing Person poster.png
    473.6 KB · Views: 13
Well, that is not the police number nor the crime stoppers number on that poster.

Good grief - it doesn't even say to contact the police.

Not only have 1000's of that flyer been copied and distributed, there are (at least) 100's of people still using it as there display pic on FB...

I wonder which version Staples is now using for distribution...????!!!???

Hopefully this one being distributed by LE

[ETA: JINX elepher! lol]

Attachments

• amber missing.jpg
    amber missing.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 8
So was she found? And are they just not announcing it yet...or was it a false alarm? This is heartbreaking. :rose:

Friends of missing woman offer $5000 reward.
October 15, 2011 9:34pm

snipped...

New Glasgow police and RCMP concentrated part of their search efforts today in the community of Heathbell.

"Throughout the week we received numerous information and tips from the general public," says Constable Ken MacDonald. "As a result, officers and forensic examiners have to follow up on that information and at this point in time, in terms of the location that is one area in question."

Dozens of candles have been placed on a wall near where Amber was last seen. It's where friends will gather tonight. Where they hope to retrace her steps, and renew hope that she will be found soon.

Update: Search for missing girl continues
October 16, 2011 9:36am

snipped...

...Const. Ken MacDonald with New Glasgow Police Services says the integrated search with the Pictou County District RCMP is continuing over the weekend as they search for Kirwan, who disappeared a week ago.

MacDonald says investigators continue to follow up on tips and information provided by the public, including searching wooded and water areas at various locations in Pictou County. On Saturday, the focus of that search seemed to be centered along Heathbell Road in the Scotch Hill area.

"Police are urging public not to draw any conclusions when they notice police conducting searched throughout Pictou County," MacDonald wrote in a release issued to media 9:30 a.m. Sunday.

During the searches, he said, items of interest have been located and are being processed by forensic services to determine their evidentiary value in the case.

Search for Amber continues
October 16 2011 11:34am

snipped...

The search for 19-year-old Amber Kirwan continued Sunday in Pictou County.

A team of about 30 Pictou search and rescue volunteers searched a wooded area on Heathbell Road in Lyons Brook

Attachments

• amber search.png
    amber search.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 15
  • amber search sunday.png
    amber search sunday.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online