DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Search for missing girl continues
Update: 12:08 p.m., Oct. 16

snipped...

HEATHBELL ROAD – Search and rescue workers are combing an area on the Heathbell Road at the request of the RCMP.

There are not a lot of details about the search except that it is part of the overall investigation into the disappearance of Amber Kirwan.

Attached Photo: Divers were searching the water near the Big Gut bridge Sunday afternoon.

Attachments

• amber big gut bridge.jpg
    amber big gut bridge.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 14
Found this old GLOBAL NEWS video I haven't seen posted before:

** VIDEO -- Global Maritimes -- Oct. 11, 2011 **
MC has been dating AK for the past 3-1/2 years. He said she left their apartment, Saturday night with friends, and took a cab to the bar. Kirwan did not bring her purse or cellphone with her; rather carried cash and some of her cards.

A few hours later Campbell says, she called to get picked-up. They were supposed to meet here, at a nearby convenience store, less than a 5-minute walk from the bar, but she never showed.

"Someone had to have seen her; this is a very small town, this stuff doesn't happen. She didn't have a purse or anything on her, so when she was walking she was free-handed. She is not the type of person that would get into a car with someone she didn't know".

"Is it possible that she just...she just left, even if it's slightly out of character?"

"I.... just left? you know....to get away from me? No, it's not, that's completely out of her character, you know. She doesn't...she would never wanna be alone".
"Campbell says while he is trying to remain positive, with each passing day he fears the worst".

"It's a nightmare right now I can't imagine, you know, if she's being held captive...or anything like that...I just...I can't imagine how scared she is right now".

"I.... just left? you know....to get away from me? No, it's not, that's completely out of her character, you know

This just pretty much says it all, doesn't it? It's all about him. :(

We live a few miles from the Scotch Hill Site and took a drive by at around 11 am this morning. There were roughly 20 cars, one RCMP car, 2 search and rescue vans. There were generators set up and also a video camera set up that was taping all the cars that drove though. We were stopped and asked to be aware that there would be alot of people stepping out of the woods onto the road and to be careful. There were helicopters flying over head as well. I have not heard any rumours at all from local people. The site is about a 30 minute drive from New Glasgow.

Have they checked dumpsters, landfills? The boyfriend doesn't come across as a sophisticated type of guy. If he did it alone, I doubt he would go out of his way to bury her or dump her in the river. How would he get her in the river far enough so she wouldn't be found? Did he have a boat? Burying her would've been too much work.

Why are they checking Scotch Hill? If it's 30 minutes from New Glasgow, how would he have gotten there? I thought his license was expired or whatever? Would he have risked getting stopped with a dead body in his car?

I think she's close to home.

Search for missing teen to resume Monday

snipped...

New Glasgow Police Const. Ken MacDonald says RCMP divers searched an area near Pictou Landing, while ground crews and a police canine unit scoured a wooded area near Scotsburn.

MacDonald says searchers have been acting on information from the public in an attempt to gather evidence that is possibly related to the case.

Searches have also been conducted in New Glasgow, Trenton and the Hillside area, just outside Trenton, while rescue boats have combed the East River.

MacDonald says the search was stood down at dusk and was expected to resume on Monday.

We live a few miles from the Scotch Hill Site and took a drive by at around 11 am this morning. There were roughly 20 cars, one RCMP car, 2 search and rescue vans. There were generators set up and also a video camera set up that was taping all the cars that drove though. We were stopped and asked to be aware that there would be alot of people stepping out of the woods onto the road and to be careful. There were helicopters flying over head as well. I have not heard any rumours at all from local people. The site is about a 30 minute drive from New Glasgow.

:welcome: to WS Oceansalt. So glad to have you here with us on Amber's thread. We welcome your insight into the area and thanks for posting what you saw.

Welcome to the discussion.

there is an interesting post by a concerned parent in UC just now

Note posted on the scanner
Status: Until further notice, ALL law enforcement channels are turned off. This is due to the out of control Facebook posts of "I heard this on the scanner" and the ridiculous rumors that come from those comments in relation to the Amber Kirwan case.

and pictou road has been blocked off with lots of cops there...not verified just a rumour I guess... but they did seize the car with a warrant, someone was there when they did....

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-16/article-2778940/Search-focusing-on-two-areas/1
UPDATE: 12:03 p.m. Oct. 17 – PICTOU LANDING – The main focus of Monday’s search for missing teen Amber Kirwan is the wooded area around her home, says Const. Ken MacDonald with New Glasgow Police Services.

Search and Rescue teams have completed the search of the Heathbell area and are now focusing their efforts in Pictou Landing.

MacDonald says there’s “not much I can divulge” about the outcome of the search in Heathbell.

Search and Rescue teams from Halifax, Colchester and Spring Hill are joining Pictou County Volunteer Ground Search and Rescue to search the area.

Under picture: Police search the waters and land near a dirt road in Pictou Landing. The road is located near the Big Gut Bridge and a short distance from Kirwan's home where she lived with her boyfriend, Mason Campbell.

image on front page of today's ngnews
source: http://transcontinentalnewsnet.com/ngnews/subscribers/index.cfm?main=signin&provider=ndirect&site=ngnews.newspaperdirect.com&brand=ngnews&returnurl=/epaper/homepage_v2.aspx
(click on magnifier to zoom in) : http://ngnews.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

attachment.php

Attachments

• balloonsAK.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 177
I hope I have simply become jaded and cynical, but the body language of her mother with the boyfriend is strange to me. That is how I would lean on my husband, not my daughter's boyfriend (who was the last to see my daughter, allegedly).

Most def MOO but it was my immediate thought on seeing the photo....

the parents seem upset, if that is her father in the background with the grey hair, not sure.... but Mason just has that same old look....I would think it would be a very emotional event...

ON NOW!!!
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Local_News/NS/1317909223/ID=2155369575 <---
Police wont confirm it, but CBC News was told MC's car was seized last night, he was served with a warrant
(so now it is semi-official)

CBC NEWS Halifax Life Streaming : http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Local_News/NS/1317909223/ID=1724429984

Halifax @ 5:30 -- Nova Scotia @ 6:00 = http://www.cbc.ca/newsatsixns/#igImgId_19919

Adding one more link (not sure which one will work) : http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Local_News/NS/ID=1353356045

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove