CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know where Audrey got her dogs - the breeder etc.

The 2 dogs were socialized for a longer time and then came in good hands, to a couple that had already other dogs (2?).
One of Audrey's dogs still has a trauma at night and therefore he is allowed to sleep in the bedroom (the other dogs in a cage).
I have read this but don't know at which point.

" Police have described the murder as a random attack. There are unnamed items missing from the home."

PK wrote in WS that he was 2 times in the garage and outside with LE to search for items and weapon.
In the home he was only on the day when the cleaning team began to work.

What items would police know were missing WITHOUT a person that knew her having to tell them?

1. banking information or other personal papers that say a teller or doctor was aware she had

2. computers (via accounts she had but the computer missing)

3. say if there were missing bedclothes, linen something obvious like that so for example if there no towels (I doubt it is this though)

4. ????????

From what I know I do not see how anyone could know what was missing in relation to a previous visit to Audrey's. I am not sure P.K. is correct that nobody went into Audrey's house how would be know that for sure. I always harp back to the fact that C.K-Z said on the memorial page that they had been in Audrey's house, not saying there is anything suspicious about that in itself of course. Two questions:

1. Woodland do you (or anyone else) have a link to the video where P.K. and L.V. are talking together possiblyi conspirationally or as if they know each other. That is huge IMO.

2. Were there items from Audrey's house strewn around her property or not? Have heard this but it seems to have fallen out of the narrative. Ditto for the small saw that was found (?)

Like many of you here, I've spent a lot of time reading back (articles and forums) regarding Audrey Gleave's case and I'm shocked that many of her neighbors state that they were not interviewed at all by LE. The neighbors themselves couldn't believe it! The other thing that totally shocks me...Is that Audrey's closest friend has said and done nothing to try to find her killer. (Even in the 2 - 3 interviews she gave, she never once says that she hopes to find her killer...) That is beyond strange.

moo

Just bumping this obvious but prescient post/point: the lack of fear as well including those who merrily went in to clean her house out.

There could be something we don't know but on the face of it what was Hrab et al thinking in releasing the house so quickly?

Things missing from the garage like garden tools would probably be noticed by PK, but I wondered if Audrey kept all her golf clubs in the garage.
She probably had a very nice and complete set that would be noticed if a club was missing.

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/CrimeFiles/Help+Us+Solve+This+Crime/gleave.htm
bbm.
"On Thursday December 30th, 2010 Police responded to 3401 Indian Trail Road, Lynden and discovered the lifeless body of Audrey GLEAVE (73 years). Gleave had been the victim of a particularly violent attack and had been stabbed multiple times.

Gleave was a retired school teacher who lived alone at the property. There were no signs of forced entry to the property and it is not believed that anything was taken from the home during the attack.

Gleave was last seen alive on the morning of Monday 27th December 2010 when she was visited by a friend"

What items would police know were missing WITHOUT a person that knew her having to tell them?

1. banking information or other personal papers that say a teller or doctor was aware she had

3. say if there were missing bedclothes, linen something obvious like that so for example if there no towels (I doubt it is this though)

4. ????????

From what I know I do not see how anyone could know what was missing in relation to a previous visit to Audrey's. I am not sure P.K. is correct that nobody went into Audrey's house how would be know that for sure. I always harp back to the fact that C.K-Z said on the memorial page that they had been in Audrey's house, not saying there is anything suspicious about that in itself of course. Two questions:

1. Woodland do you (or anyone else) have a link to the video where P.K. and L.V. are talking together possiblyi conspirationally or as if they know each other. That is huge IMO.

2. Were there items from Audrey's house strewn around her property or not? Have heard this but it seems to have fallen out of the narrative. Ditto for the small saw that was found (?)
Chorley...exact agreeance on the question of what could be deemed missing. IMO, this is extremely important since PK says he was outside and in the garage with LE. IMHO, PK and AG had a true bond. That close Aunt-Nephew type of relationship where common interests and views are shared, but the authority/respect still belongs to the senior. Personally, I have extreme sympathy for PK for having to discover Audrey's body. IMO it would be horrific-permanently etched in your mind, let alone the void forever felt and then to grieve the loss with people you hardly know.
IMO, AG, being private may never have invited LV to her property when she was working with PK, so the two never physically met until the memorial. But, from what I know of AG, it sure wouldn't be strange for her to refer to LV as "her friend in Brantford" or of PK as the "young guy who does work". I can't imagine either LV or PK prying her for details.
I haven't seen anything where PK says LV wasn't in the house, it's LV who says she was only in the house maybe "once". IMO If LE entered the house and discovered AG's will in her purse, then LV would certainly be the person they would contact in search of possible Next of Kin.
So, my question still is "who identified the objects missing in the house for LE"? IMO, it would make sense that it was LV and then- "how did LV know what was missing" from her one visit...over 30 years? MOO

The item may have had wires connected to it and were left in the home, such as tv or computers. There may have been dust around where and item had sat but then obviously moved. Maybe there were marked areas in the garage where certain tools belonged but were no longer there. These might have been the clues to LE that something was missing.

In related news..

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/modu...=article&sid=6955&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

"“Fraud and seniors are a big priority for us. We have done a lot of campaigning on it and to get this opportunity from a radio station that’s well positioned to talk to that audience is something we could not pass up. It’s a great opportunity for the media and the police to team up and deal with these critical issues. It’s going to become more of an issue as time goes on, so we are thrilled.”

Fleischmann made her first appearance on the program on July 8 with host Dale Goldhawk.

She said there is an increase in financial abuse of elders committed by family members and friends.

“This particular generation of older adults is believed to be responsible for the single-largest transfer of wealth in history,” she pointed out.

“This is remarkable. You have worked hard and long for your money and you certainly don’t want a stranger or someone else to take it from you.”

She responded to a few seniors’ callers, some of whom were taken advantage of by family members, before the program ended.

“There is definitely a need for this topic to get out and increase awareness and understanding of the issues,” she said."

Just bumping this obvious but prescient post/point: the lack of fear as well including those who merrily went in to clean her house out.

There could be something we don't know but on the face of it what was Hrab et al thinking in releasing the house so quickly?

:applause:

AND.......releasing the BODY so quickly!!

:eek:verreaction:

Quoted from dotr's post:

<<< Gleave was last seen alive on the morning of Monday 27th December 2010 when she was visited by a friend" >>>

So we have almost three days unaccounted for - remainder of the 27th, 28th, 29th and until PK found her on the 30th.

:sos:

Interesting observation MsSherlock - I looked for, but never found PK mentioning LV nor LV mentioning PK, as if they did not know one another.

The reason I find this memorable is a video clip of LV, PK and AK before the memorial service, standing together (in front of AG's residence?). LV and PK are standing very close speaking to one another almost in a conspiratorial manner, imo showing familiarity - AK is standing off to one side.

It didn't ring true to me that they did not know one another.

Didn't AG email PK that LV was going to be bringing her soup?

According to this article, she did...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

Later, she sent a new email, to Phil:

Monday, Dec. 27, 2010, 10:46 a.m.

Subject: report

By Sunday the weakness was disappearing but still there. And would you believe that this morning I got a secondary infection; runny nose, runny eyes, sneezing. But at least I don&#8217;t feel weak so don&#8217;t think I&#8217;ve a fever. I&#8217;m just annoyed with it. Hope it gets better because I intend to have coffee Wed. come hell or high water. I&#8217;ve got cabin fever. Lynne is coming over with soup in a few minutes.

Bary

This statement by LV has always confused me. She states that AG was at her place on Boxing Day. PK seems to think that AG might never have left her house between Dec. 25th and when she was murdered. Very strange...

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2011/01/04/its-all-so-horrifying

"Vanstone said she last saw Gleave Dec. 27.

"She was here Boxing Day but was feeling under-the-weather," she said.

"I took some soup out to her on Monday morning and that was the last time I saw her.""

4. ????????

On the banking info - According to 'Suzie', LV could not find any banking info in AG's home and had to go to or call around various banks before finding where AG banked. This always intrigued me regarding a hoarder, if in fact AG was a hoarder. It seems to have been used as the reason LV only reported $50K in liquid assets when probating AG's Will - doesn't do it for me as an excuse - what was the hurry?

On the video clip - I looked for it but most video from the early stages of the investigation are now gone. It's a fairly short piece where the news person does most or all of the talking. PK is not wearing a winter coat in the clip and has his hands in his pants pockets - at one point they (PK, LV and AK) are looking at the camera (not sure if they speak or not) but then turn away to look at a piece of paper in LV's hand. I recall wondering if they were making the memorial arrangements. AK is at what I would call a respectful distance when 2 people have recently met and in this case under grave circumstances.

PK and LV though are pretty much shoulder to shoulder which stood out for me - I wondered even then how they might be that familiar with each other considering the roles they played in AG's life.

Maybe they stand that close to everyone?

Maybe they stood that close together because they were directed by the news crew to get both of them in the shot.

Didn't AG email PK that LV was going to be bringing her soup?

According to this article, she did...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

Later, she sent a new email, to Phil:

Monday, Dec. 27, 2010, 10:46 a.m.

Subject: report

By Sunday the weakness was disappearing but still there. And would you believe that this morning I got a secondary infection; runny nose, runny eyes, sneezing. But at least I don’t feel weak so don’t think I’ve a fever. I’m just annoyed with it. Hope it gets better because I intend to have coffee Wed. come hell or high water. I’ve got cabin fever. Lynne is coming over with soup in a few minutes.

Bary

So according to the e-mail, on Sunday AG was still feeling weak but went to LV's anyway.

I've never been sure whether to believe AG was ill or not - according to 'Suzie' the people in LV's circle thought AG said she was ill just prior to Christmas as a way to back out of attending LV's on Christmas Day (or Christmas Eve?). I would have more faith if it was possible to tell from autopsy tox tests if one had the flu, a cold etc. Even if it's possible, that won't happen until a trial though.

Maybe they stood that close together because they were directed by the news crew to get both of them in the shot.

They had turned away from the camera though when they stood shoulder to shoulder, to look at a piece of paper. It looked like the camera had interrupted a conversation already underway - or the whole shot was staged?

Have not seen mention of any e-mails from AG to PK on Boxing Day, but AG was in the habit of e-mailing PK at least once a day, or more with news items, jokes etc.

Have not seen any mention of e-mails at any time to LV. Wonder if LV did/does not use e-mail.

The 2 dogs were socialized ......................

Oh, how embarrassing, I have indeed misunderstood the question (because I didn't know the word "breeder"). Sorry! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme