Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Just to add KW's full quote: "Ronna told me she was waiting on an audio tape of Barry killing Honey. Also, a vdo tape of a man covering his face moving a cctv camera at Old Colony, who looked a LOT like Barry!!!!"
The mention of the man looking a lot like BS would imply M/S , which of course KW would be pleased to hear.

KW thinks TPS were going to give the CBC this crime scene evidence. I just can't see them doing that, if in fact the audio and video even exist.

There could be a killer who looks like BS or who disguises himself to resemble him, especially if it does turn out that there is a video camera after all.
speculation, imo.

No disrespect intended but I do not believe that some of KW's statements on this site are valid.

Yes, I agree, but I do believe him about the CBC producer telling him about the audio and video tape. Another CBC producer mentioned them in the elevator as he was leaving with his friend, who was a witness to the conversation. JMO

There could be a killer who looks like BS or who disguises himself to resemble him, especially if it does turn out that there is a video camera after all.
speculation, imo.

There’s no lack of companies selling customised and “realflesh” silicone masks on the Internet, said to fool anyone even up close. If the doorbell rang and somebody looking like a husband was standing on the other side, I’d bet the wife would open the door.

Yes, I agree, but I do believe him about the CBC producer telling him about the audio and video tape. Another CBC producer mentioned them in the elevator as he was leaving with his friend, who was a witness to the conversation. JMO

I highly question it. At best, he might’ve been told that as a ruse or they were working with TPS in order to gauge his reaction. But not for a moment would I believe TPS would release video/audio to CBC during the course of a suspicious death investigation intended to be featured on 5th Estate. Canada has strict confidentiality laws and no way would a husband and wife’s m/s ever be broadcast merely for entertainment. If it exists and makes it way into a courtoom, highly likely it would even be banned from media distribution. And if TPS wasn’t the alleged source of the video/audio, CBC still wouldn’t air it because it was evidence illegally removed from the residence and their legal obligation is to turn it over to TPS.

I don’t quite believe KW anticipated the alleged m/s audio/video was to be aired on 5th Estate. Maybe he was “embellishing”. CBC is as far away from a scandalous, sensationalistic, speculative media organization as the earth is to the moon. Of all MSM in Canada, it’s considered one of the most conservative. JMO

ETA:
“Toronto Police are planning more search warrants in the Barry and Honey Sherman murder probe and may use “surreptitious or covert” techniques to find the killer or killers, according to police documents.”
‘Covert’ tactics, more search warrants may be coming in Barry and Honey Sherman murder probe: Police | The Star

Last edited:
Last September KW indicated he was “ambushed” by CBC. Four months later and he’s alleging CBC holds proof of m/s? That’s quite the turn about.

Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8
Post #1149. Sept 28/18
“.....Rest assured: this cover-up won’t succeed. The truth will come out.
I only wish during the last few months l could have shared all l know in this forum. The day is coming!

Did l mention that The Fifth Estate asked me to go on another show. Everything l know they had already filmed and NEVER showed!!!! True. Even the CBC will be exposed for their “ambush”....their set up polygraph and making me out to be the murderer.....”

The source for all of that is Kerry isn’t it, or did someone else corroborate it? (Or you simply believe him?)

*****Speculation. Barry has given lengthy recorded depositions in the Winter Vs. Sherman lawsuit; the CBC obtained and included the audio of Barry’s testimony.

Not pointing the finger at anyone (especially the CBC), just asking: is it possible for someone to have taken recordings of Barry and edited it to make it seem he’s saying something the ‘editor’ has scripted for their own purposes?

fwiw.
Looking for something else to follow lexiintoronto's post, but found these videos instead.
One, just a look around Apotex ( bet that place is pretty creepy at night, imo) and the other video- which has some interesting comments about the case from a former FBI guy.

I think it was dotr who noted the subject on the T-shirt Kerry wore during his polygraph on the CBC:
7F956BC6-F72C-4953-8344-61A3F8ADA05A.png
Never Saw it Coming

The movie ‘Never Saw it Coming’, written by Linwood Barclay and directed by Gail Harvey, was released this past August. It may have been filming or in post-production when Kerry wore the shirt.

It’s a story about a fake clairvoyant that gets herself involved in a real murder.

Globe and Mail review:https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...t-coming-is-trouble-from-the-opening-credits/

I started wondering if the TPS monitor's this thread. I would think they would have someone check occasionally to see if we have discovered something useful or something they might not have considered. As well I think they may have had some good laughs at some of the posts (like mine!).

No doubt somebody at TPS has been aware of the strong support by some posters of the M/S theory, I wonder if it has given the TPS some pause to reconsider that theory again.

Finally if the TPS is monitoring, and if it is a targeted double murder, I wonder if some one, from the perpetrators' team are monitoring? Now wouldn't that be interesting?

I started wondering if the TPS monitor's this thread. I would think they would have someone check occasionally to see if we have discovered something useful or something they might not have considered. As well I think they may have had some good laughs at some of the posts (like mine!).

No doubt somebody at TPS has been aware of the strong support by some posters of the M/S theory, I wonder if it has given the TPS some pause to reconsider that theory again.

Finally if the TPS is monitoring, and if it is a targeted double murder, I wonder if some one, from the perpetrators' team are monitoring? Now wouldn't that be interesting?
It would be interesting in a scary sort of way if perps were monitoring this thread, but possible.... Comforting if TPS do it, my posts might give them a giggle though.
rbbm.imo, speculation.
Barry and Honey Sherman: Duelling investigations, high drama and still no answers - Macleans.ca
"The chief, who once headed the homicide division, appeared constrained. “Some things were disclosed today that, uh…” he said, before cutting himself off. Explaining his caution, he uttered a jaw-dropping statement: “I have to be cognizant that the suspect or suspects are watching right now. I know that for a fact.” How he knew that for “a fact,” short of seeing the suspect or suspects in the audience in front of him, is unclear."

Last edited:
Retired Det. Tom Klatt heads the Sherman private investigation team.

Mr. Klatt was involved in ID’s program Last Seen Alive. Here he discusses working on missing persons’ cases:

Kerry Winter mentions a ‘retired detective’ that keeps bumping into his friends. Is he talking about Klatt?

DDA83025-FE01-40B2-89EA-20CD7C6DE174.png

fwiw.
Looking for something else to follow lexiintoronto's post, but found these videos instead.
One, just a look around Apotex ( bet that place is pretty creepy at night, imo) and the other video- which has some interesting comments about the case from a former FBI guy.

The lower video was featured within the week following the discovery of the bodies (“last Friday” is scrolled underneath). It clearly dispels the false notion the whole world was led to believe a murder/suicide occurred for the first six weeks.

The ex-FBI comments about who TPS homicide team should be looking at is insightful, somebody associated in some way to at least one of the two.....”This didn’t happen just because somebody is upset. This happened for A Reason. This is sort of a payback on something that occurred. That’s where the police, ah, they have to get to whatever that is...”

Retired Det. Tom Klatt heads the Sherman private investigation team.

Mr. Klatt was involved in ID’s program Last Seen Alive. Here he discusses working on missing persons’ cases:

Kerry Winter mentions a ‘retired detective’ that keeps bumping into his friends. Is he talking about Klatt?

View attachment 166899

Could be, especially if the “retired detective” didn’t divulge his name.

I’m surprised KW would be so absolutely trusting of people disclosing information which they’d know he might want to hear as it appears none of them were prior personal acquaintances. On the other hand, those who he disagrees with are either lying or covering up (ie Nomes, Price, Greenspan) according to him.

Wondering if the Shermans were acquainted with this family/ drug company?
Rbbm- bolding unintentional, sorry.
OxyContin Maker Explored Expansion Into “Attractive” Anti-Addiction Market — ProPublica
by David Armstrong
Jan. 30 2019
"OxyContin Maker Explored Expansion Into “Attractive” Anti-Addiction Market
Secret portions of a lawsuit allege that Purdue Pharma, controlled by the Sackler family, considered capitalizing on the addiction treatment boom — while going to extreme lengths to boost sales of its controversial opioid."

"The Sackler family was once best known for its philanthropy. Its name is engraved on museums and university buildings across the world. A group of activists has called on organizations to stop accepting Sackler donations and for the family name to be stripped from some institutions. Aggressive marketing of OxyContin is blamed by some analysts for propelling the crisis that has resulted in 200,000 overdose deaths related to prescription opioids since 1999."

"In 2008, the same year that Purdue paid Udell and Friedman, Richard Sackler advised other family members that it was important to select a new chief executive who was loyal to the family. “People who will shift their loyalties rapidly under stress and temptation can become a liability from the owners’ viewpoint,” he allegedly wrote. A defendant in the Massachusetts lawsuit, Richard Sackler served in a number of different positions at the company before being named president in 1999 and then co-chairman of the board in 2003."

Wondering if the Shermans were acquainted with this family/ drug company?
Rbbm- bolding unintentional, sorry.
OxyContin Maker Explored Expansion Into “Attractive” Anti-Addiction Market — ProPublica
by David Armstrong
Jan. 30 2019
"OxyContin Maker Explored Expansion Into “Attractive” Anti-Addiction Market
Secret portions of a lawsuit allege that Purdue Pharma, controlled by the Sackler family, considered capitalizing on the addiction treatment boom — while going to extreme lengths to boost sales of its controversial opioid."

"The Sackler family was once best known for its philanthropy. Its name is engraved on museums and university buildings across the world. A group of activists has called on organizations to stop accepting Sackler donations and for the family name to be stripped from some institutions. Aggressive marketing of OxyContin is blamed by some analysts for propelling the crisis that has resulted in 200,000 overdose deaths related to prescription opioids since 1999."

"In 2008, the same year that Purdue paid Udell and Friedman, Richard Sackler advised other family members that it was important to select a new chief executive who was loyal to the family. “People who will shift their loyalties rapidly under stress and temptation can become a liability from the owners’ viewpoint,” he allegedly wrote. A defendant in the Massachusetts lawsuit, Richard Sackler served in a number of different positions at the company before being named president in 1999 and then co-chairman of the board in 2003."

That’s interesting. BS was working on a ‘pot’ pill prior to his death:

Health Canada approval is estimated to be two years away, but if it comes, the pills would be a disrupter in the Big Pharma brand-name drug world, and for Sherman’s own generic firm, providing an alternative to highly addictive opioids and other pharmaceuticals. People who worked with the late Sherman say the so-called “pot pill” will be one of his greatest legacies.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...lop-pot-pill-for-medical-marijuana-users.html

Could be, especially if the “retired detective” didn’t divulge his name.

I’m surprised KW would be so absolutely trusting of people disclosing information which they’d know he might want to hear as it appears none of them were prior personal acquaintances. On the other hand, those who he disagrees with are either lying or covering up (ie Nomes, Price, Greenspan) according to him.

Maybe Kerry only has trust in his friends, and he’s not questioning their sources?

Sounds like a bad made for TV movie plot.

RSBM

We don't know what evidence TPS garnered during their six week investigation before their press release of "targeted, double murders", but we do know that Sgt. Gomes stated that they relied on various forensic partnerships to arrive at their decision. It is obvious to me that TPS would never accept the family's financed autopsy results without having them reviewed, evaluated and accepted by their other "various" forensic experts. These parallel investigation teams were in direct competition, and TPS would put Chiasson's report through the wringer, so to speak.

In addition to the wrist marks, Chiasson was also able to determine that the men’s leather belts were the cause of the strangulation, likely done by someone holding and tightening the belt.

I agree with you, the cover-up theory of m/s is lame. But TPS relied on many other expert sources besides Chiasson's report to arrive at their decision. Your theory that the TPS investigators were too stressed out to make correct decisions, and therefore, just bought into a faulty, subjective autopsy report is stretching your point pretty thin.

Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered, police say | The Star

In a typical investigation of a situation like this the police will show up and conclude and that's the end of it. The press was told that the TPS detective had decided on murder suicide. After this the family visited John Tory and the TPS was not allowed to make its decision. Instead they let another team do an autopsy and although they were already ready to conclude no one said anything for a month.

At that point Susan Gomes came out and announced targeted double homicide. However, she gave virtually zero information.

So it's reasonable to speculate that the pressure of the media, the private investigation team, John Tory being involved, and all sorts of statements in the media caused a loss of nerve. Even if she thinks 99 percent it's m/s she is likely to second guess herself as unlike in most cases she's going to face intense criticism through Sherman friends in the press and Brian Greenspan and she would think "what if I make a big mistake here?" It's easier to punt on this and not face the criticism. In other cases in the GTA where it looked like m/s the police just make the determination and it's accepted with no argument. This is a much different case thanks to John Tory. But I do understand that Tory was in a difficult situation and felt bad for the Sherman's kids.

She may look at it like what if the PI team is correct. Better safe than sorry. This way we get to thoroughly examine everything. The problem is that she's had the additional year and released no new information.

At this point Gomes has offered nothing to the public that shows she made the right call and the PI team has released a large reward offer but similarly has offered zero evidence to help the public. After a year with nothing I don't expect to see any new information and the Toronto media have dug up nothing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop