Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought was, when I read this time ago: one of BS' daughters?

Had wondered the same thing, not sure if the ages lines up. speculation.
Brewer charged in sex case | The Star
June 20 2007
"Police arrested the 48-year-old bachelor June 9 after receiving a complaint from a 21-year-old woman. She alleges an incident took place on June 3 at the Holiday Inn next to Yorkdale Shopping Centre."

wow, you guys are quite the sleuths on the FD'A charges and who might have been the victim.

would BS still be friends with him after that? maybe. it's sad but i am still friends with a person that did pretty bad things to me.

this is pure speculation but BS daughter wouldn't need job/money/resume padding so would she go to his hotel room as part of job interview or employment orientation? of course, i guess the answer is "who knows?"
Agreed, I can't imagine there would be any relationship between BS and FD'A, or even if so, between BS and his daughter if she'd accused FD'A of sexual assault and yet BS continued his good friendship with the man. jmo.

About the 90 minutes, it sounds very sketchy given that the advice from the first call to Florida was to call 911. That advice was obviously ignored. We know that Jonathon Sherman was the next person to be called, so one has to assume that he was the one that gave the order to hold off on alerting authorities. The question would be "why?". Could someone have added to or altered the staging? Could phones, computers or iPads have been removed? Honey's will? Whatever the reason, it wouldn't have been for an "above board" reason. Somebody must have gone to that house and removed something because they simply didn't hit 90 minutes for the heck of it.

I think the issue is that, to put it bluntly, was barry's a@@ actually touching the ground??. and was the belt less than completely tight? If so, it is hard to imagine he committed suicide, as the neck would seemingly not carry any weight in that instance.
But we don't really know.
Judging by the height of those rails, about four feet, it would be almost impossible for his butt to be touching the ground.

where's the JS was informed of his parent's death and was in touch with someone inside the house... in the 90 minutes before 9/11 call?

is that in book/tstar?........... i don't remember it but of course, i might have just missed it..... i only somewhat remembered the 90 minute delay, and then it seemed like it was fairly blurry info other than senior R/E agent was in nyc (or florida) and HS sister (who was advisor to R/E agent(s)) lived in florida. again, it's blurry........... i'll check book

one thing about donovan's book/TStar work is that it's hard to know which subject areas are relatively complete, accurate info and which are not...... i guess that's unavoidable.... but did people come to the house in that 90 minute window?.............................. i thought JS was at his cottage (had just arrived there). have to check. can probably find that one

how do i cut/paste from a kindle book?

anyway, page 56 of 323... location 652 of 4291....... and i'm para-phrasing.

JS said he had just arrived that friday morning at his cottage 2.5 hours north-east of toronto.... i presume that's the truth as if it wasn't, i assume it'd be easy to refute and would be horrible P/R for JS..... EDIT: the people inside the house for 90 minutes would simply tell the police JS was there.

Unless the belt was slack. I had the impression they were tied to the railings only tightly enough to keep the bodies upright, not suspended from them.
Agree, it was to keep the heads/bodies sitting up, the non-seated yet somewhat suspended bodies, reminds me somehow of a T bar ski-lift. imo.

Last edited:
i'm trying to remember if anyone showed up in the 90 minutes.

also, trying to remember whose decision it was to wait 90 minutes......... the realtor(s)? the realty leader was in miami or NYC, as i recall
Donovan asked the family about that 90 minute delay, but they declined the request to speak about it.

what was the motivation in waiting 90 minutes? did they examine enough to know they were dead? i understand it's "obvious" they were dead. but i would think you have to get very close to make that determination and have very clear signs ....... makes little sense to me to wait even if they were obviously dead.

Donovan believes they were killed before midnight on Wednesday.

Not to get too graphic, but I think with the heat and humidity of the pool room speeding up decomposition, they clearly, unmistakably were dead.
how do i cut/paste from a kindle book?

anyway, page 56 of 323... location 652 of 4291....... and i'm para-phrasing.

JS said he had just arrived that friday morning at his cottage 2.5 hours north-east of toronto.... i presume that's the truth as if it wasn't, i assume it'd be easy to refute and would be horrible P/R for JS..... EDIT: the people inside the house for 90 minutes would simply tell the police JS was there.

I have kindle on my iPhone. To do a search I tap on the top of the screen and the options pop up. Highlight the text, and a symbol for sharing pops up. Then it gives you options for plain text or an image with graphics. Then copy and paste.

The 90 minutes- remember Det. Sgt. Gomes said the police had difficulty accessing Barry’s workspace and electronics at Apotex?

My guess is it was private security that were called before 911. Maybe part of their task was to clear the home of sensitive Apotex data or electronics.

Donovan didn’t mention if Barry’s Blackberry was found at the scene (iirc).

Had wondered the same thing, not sure if the ages lines up. speculation.
Brewer charged in sex case | The Star
June 20 2007
"Police arrested the 48-year-old bachelor June 9 after receiving a complaint from a 21-year-old woman. She alleges an incident took place on June 3 at the Holiday Inn next to Yorkdale Shopping Centre."
Frank D'Angelo faces obstruct justice charges | The Star
BS seemed to have a lot of respect for his friend FDA. Did he like to learn by him ....? ;)

Frank D'Angelo faces obstruct justice charges | The Star
BS seemed to have a lot of respect for his friend FDA. Did he like to learn by him ....? ;)

WOW! If the woman involved in the sex assault charges for which FDA was acquitted was BS's daughter that would be a shocker. FDA was acquitted, however the judge said FDA was probably guilty!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...ty-of-sexual-assault-but-acquits-him-1.830045

FDA was later charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice with a OPP cop named Michael Rutigliano, and those charges were dropped on technicalities. These charges were based on the supposed attempts to select a judge who would acquit FDA.

How upset would a daughter be if she felt that her parents sat by and did not support her in a sex assult case against the father's business partner? In fact the father continued the friendship and business relationship for many more years.

Based on media reports of the age of the victim, the victim was born in 1986, which does coincide with one of the Sherman's children's birth year. (as well as thousands of other women)

This would be an awesome storyline for a novel. Revenge on the parents for just 'sitting bye' and the man accused in the sex assault would lose his financial support. In fact the estate might call in all the outstanding loans. Double whammy.

MOO

Donovan asked the family about that 90 minute delay, but they declined the request to speak about it.

Donovan believes they were killed before midnight on Wednesday.

Not to get too graphic, but I think with the heat and humidity of the pool room speeding up decomposition, they clearly, unmistakably were dead.

I have kindle on my iPhone. To do a search I tap on the top of the screen and the options pop up. Highlight the text, and a symbol for sharing pops up. Then it gives you options for plain text or an image with graphics. Then copy and paste.

The 90 minutes- remember Det. Sgt. Gomes said the police had difficulty accessing Barry’s workspace and electronics at Apotex?

My guess is it was private security that were called before 911. Maybe part of their task was to clear the home of sensitive Apotex data or electronics.

Donovan didn’t mention if Barry’s Blackberry was found at the scene (iirc).

Lexi, i can’t imagine that any private security firm would dare to tamper with or remove items from a murder scene or the house. If so, I have to hope they would have been charged by LE already.jmo

WOW! If the woman involved in the sex assault charges for which FDA was acquitted was BS's daughter that would be a shocker. FDA was acquitted, however the judge said FDA was probably guilty!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...ty-of-sexual-assault-but-acquits-him-1.830045

FDA was later charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice with a OPP cop named Michael Rutigliano, and those charges were dropped on technicalities. These charges were based on the supposed attempts to select a judge who would acquit FDA.

How upset would a daughter be if she felt that her parents sat by and did not support her in a sex assult case against the father's business partner? In fact the father continued the friendship and business relationship for many more years.

Based on media reports of the age of the victim, the victim was born in 1986, which does coincide with one of the Sherman's children's birth year. (as well as thousands of other women)

This would be an awesome storyline for a novel. Revenge on the parents for just 'sitting bye' and the man accused in the sex assault would lose his financial support. In fact the estate might call in all the outstanding loans. Double whammy.

MOO

The article says the woman was from aurora Ontario, which wouldn’t fit any of the Sherman girls afaik

my guess is the 90 minute delay is that 1) as noted by at least one person, it was probably very obvious they were dead. although i don't remember anyone having a close look, 2) a bunch of things coming together (like power hierachies) but basically didn't want family to find out about it through media. and this might have spread really quickly

Nov 4 2019
New book 'The Billionaire Murders' reveals new information on the investigation into the Barry and Honey Sherman deaths
“It’s a...gratifying feeling,” Donovan told Yahoo Canada. “This one has occupied about two years of my life, both writing stories for the Toronto Star and also doing extra research for the book.”

Donovan said his best moment since the book’s release is getting a phone call from Barry’s “best friend” who said the journalist was able to really capture the couple’s lives, telling him “you did it.”

"Donovan also learned that police have obtained and analyzed a large amount of electronic data and detectives have requested more production orders and search warrants.

“I have a feeling, more than I’ve ever had in the last two years, that they are circling in on suspects or suspect,” Donovan said".

Toronto Star bestsellers for the week ending Nov. 6, 2019

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members